Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The Game

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, better known as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, is an upcoming action-RPG hack n’ slash developed by Koei Tecmo’s Team Ninja. It was announced on Game Awards 2018 to be exclusive to Nintendo Switch. It is set for release on July 19, 2019.

This game has a story and you hack n’ slash through with your team of 4 and take out a ton of enemies and beat the story. Then you keep going doing trials and other game modes so it’s not just a one-and-done game.

Playing with Goons and Talking About the Game

I have a dedicated channel in SA Gamers discord at https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf (Marvel Heroes goons, you know how we roll all things Marvel).

Playable Characters

Black Panther

Black Widow

Captain America

Captain Marvel

Colossus

Cyclops

Crystal

Daredevil

Deadpool

Dr. Strange

Drax

Elektra

Elsa Bloodstone

Falcon

Gamora

Ghost Rider

Groot & Rocket Racon

Hawkeye

Hulk

Iron Fist

Iron Man

Lucas P. Cage

Magneto

Miles Morales

Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

Nightcrawler

Psylocke

Scarlet Witch

Spider-Gwen

Spider-Man

Star-Lord

Storm

Thor

Vernon

Wasp

Wolverine

DLC

Season Pass 1

Fantastic Four

Invisible Woman

Human Torch

Mister Fantastic

Thing

X-Men

Marvel Knights

Bosses

Corvus Glaive

Proxima Midnight

Black Dwarf

Supergiant

Ebony Maw

Green Goblin

Juggernaut

Kingpin

Mystique

Nebula

Sandman

Thanos

Ultron

Electro

Dormommy

Mysterio

Doctor Octopus

Hela

Loki

MODOK

Red Skull

Klaw

Surtur

Destroyer

General Trash Mobs

Hand Ninjas

Kree Soldiers

Mindless Ones

Prisoners

Sentinels

Ultron Drones

Outriders

Non-Playable Characters

Ant-Man/Giant Man

Beast

Black Bolt

Colossus

Cyclops

Jessica Jones

Lockjaw

Medusa

Nick Fury

Nova Corps

Professor X

Valkyrie

Vision

Winter Soldier

Last Bits of Info

Brief Gameplay Videos:

E3 Gameplay, shows full voice acting and some of the general gameplay and camera work: https://youtu.be/RRLLWrt8Mkk

Black Order Trailer, one minute of some general gameplay: https://youtu.be/qAbYvCsPHUY

Fingers crossed this is good!!!! Pro is its Marvel and if you love Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2, you’ll probably love this. Con is it’s possible there isn’t much depth to this. If you’re a marvel fan, you’ll probably feel at home either way.

Pictured above: Elsa, much like from the movie Frozen, except this one will kill you and probably make a joke about it while doing it. She is as pure as the driven snow and unbesmirchable.

ICR fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Can't wait to play as Vernon.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

where is mr gaz?

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Can we finally drive the van?

trem
Sep 17, 2009
Marvel Heroes 2020: Ultimate Edition 3

:gaz:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

My Gimmick Name posted:

Can we finally drive the van?

For the love of god Mr. Ninja, let us drive the van already!!!!!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Is this what we're doing now.

I'm loving serious is this what we're doing now.

idiotmeat
Apr 3, 2010
Is this the new BUE?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I loved X-Men Legends 1 and 2 so much back on the Gamecube, and I enjoyed MUA. MUA2 was so generically unenjoyable that I don't think I played it for more than 2 hours after buying it at launch. I initially had no interest in this game until I saw the Treehouse stuff on their E3 broadcast and actually started looking into what they were doing with this, and now I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Is this move in the game yet, or is it gonna be DLC later?

https://i.imgur.com/6w0sF26.mp4

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Huh ha ha huaaaahh huh huh ha ha ha

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Fine I'm in. The sun god has convinced me. Cosmic (two weeks from) today!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s time. Wake me up in 2 weeks. Elsa is the best

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Marvel games can have Fantasic Four and X-Men characters again, yay!

Where is Squirrel Girl though? I need my nut facts.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Checking in for another Sun God hype thread, I swear to God this one better not suck...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ready to do this!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I thought I heard this was made by the team that did Hyrule Warriors? I'm not expecting a Marvel Musou as amazing as that would be but it definitely looks Musou inspired.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Thanks for the thread. This game is gonna be so good.

Also Cyclops and beast are probably unlocks, since the characters are tied to the story. The gameplay we've seen even leads to the potential moments right before they would be unlocked since they have battle AI and proper intros.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kris xK posted:

Checking in for another Sun God hype thread, I swear to God this one better not suck...

It’s the path to redemption. Need to strike back after the last thread. Gotta lift this curse!

At least with this one I think we know what we are getting at least! Using superpowers is cool!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Really odd that Ant-Man is an NPC but Wasp is playable, really didn't see that coming.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I want Nebula and Jessica Jones to be playable but it looks like that’s not happening.

So who is in the Marvel Knights DLC?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Andrew_1985 posted:

I want Nebula and Jessica Jones to be playable but it looks like that’s not happening.

So who is in the Marvel Knights DLC?

The Marvel Knights team was a name given to Daredevil's unnamed superhero team. Besides Daredevil, the line-up consisted of Black Widow, Dagger, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi and Luke Cage. The Marvel Knights were initially formed to capture the Punisher.

And with that, I would bank on Moon King and Big Pun for sure. Shang-Chi maybe as he is getting pushed in the MCU.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Really odd that Ant-Man is an NPC but Wasp is playable, really didn't see that coming.

Yeah, this is kinda shocking too.

I think the worst part about it is he was hinted at as Playable for The Avengers video game coming out (just FYI, I am not falling for this game being good: The Avengers is looking like Anthem: Marvel Edition).

Hank has a really detailed look in a trailer for that Avengers game but not coming as of now.

So, yeah, no idea why he isn’t playable. You can pull up any Marvel game right now and he is in every one of them. Wasp is not.

Crystal is the oddest addition to me but I’m glad to have her. She rocks.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This game gonna own and I am excited to play it in under two weeks

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

love how the devs smushed together classic MUA gameplay with the endless tinkering and customization / tons of extra missions from the recent Warriors games. the best way for the series to go after the nothingburger of MUA2. Here's hoping the fps hold up.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I will buy a switch to play this.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
ICR making the thread is a deathblow for any game

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm hype for Ghost Rider. Are any of the other Midnight Sons gonna show up? The wikipedia page implies they do.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I'm sad that Cull Karl Obsidian is neither a playable character nor a boss. Will keep an eye on this game to see how good it is though- i loved the first ultimate alliance game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

I'm sad that Cull Karl Obsidian is neither a playable character nor a boss. Will keep an eye on this game to see how good it is though- i loved the first ultimate alliance game.

I thought Black Dwarf was in this. Carl is here.

Edit: he is. He goes by Black Dwarf, his true birth name. Karl Obsidian is just Disney being Disney.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nerd

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RUDE!!! You will rue the day!!!

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Rufio posted:

ICR making the thread is a deathblow for any game

This should be posted then...even if I never follow it :smith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My boy Penelope reppin'

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lucas Penelope Cage is a god. I would be best friends with him no questions asked.

13 days to go yayyy

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm gonna need them to add silk or Kaine or spider woman so I can do an all spider person team

I'll use venom for now but it's not the same

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Vernon is a good man you’ll appreciate him on your team. He rules

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It’s hilarious that team ninja is making this

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Pre-purchased already. I'm ready for Elsa and Spider-Gwen.

Not sure who will be the rest of my team but that doesn't matter right now.

Elsa. and. Spider-Gwen.

Edit: Maybe probably Psylocke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The ultimate Waifu team of course is Elsa, Gwendolyn, Crystal, and Israel Apologist Ms. Marvel. A very top tier team.

But then there’s also the original Waifu, Waifu Psylocke the Psyfu. And Scarlet Waifu.

And then there’s Carla Danvers... and you can’t forget what creates naycha destroys in Storm.

And Elektra Nachos... god drat so many awesome chars.