Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hrm, still no info on how we'll unlock these or the new characters. really hoping for a rift, so if they just give them out for free i'll be sad. don't wanna wait a month for new stuff to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I knew it was gonna be the symbiote suit because it's always the symbiote suit, but it is a little boring. I was hoping for amazing bag man, personally.

The other two look nice though

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Holy poo poo! Captain Marvel looks so good... I'm definitely using that over her default look.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Update for Cyclops/Colossus and the new costumes are out with a new infinity rift, Phi, that has about ten new challenges. Cyke and Colossus are unlocked via easy low-level challenges while the new costumes are behind high level ones (levels 70-90ish).

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just unlocked Scott, he's amazing. His first ability alone brought a tear to my eye.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Is he any good at punching?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I just ran around an empty area to test his kit real quick, gotta get back to astral chain, so I didn't hit anybody. But he's got a 5 string attack combo that ends with an optic blast, and his heavy is a different optic blast. His first ability is his super from mvc and you can actively strafe while using it, it's loving amazing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

glad to see we got a rift with the content, sad to see there wasn't any character balance stuff. i want doctor strange and scarlett witch not to suck.

hopefully we continue to get free packs in the months between paid dlc releases

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Here's some thoughts on Colossus and Cyclops: Colossus is really strong as long as there are trash mobs around, but since two of his skills are greatly buffed by being able to grab enemies, he seems to suffer in any encounter without those. His heavy attack is really slow.

Cyclops is more fun than he has any right to be. He's fast and he has a good spread of abilities. His fourth special, the Ricochet Beam, might actually be his best one despite not having a Synergy attribute. His first special, Optic Blast, uses so little energy that he can do the Synergy thing with Captain America and bounce the beam off his defensive special for a very, very long time.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Here's some thoughts on Colossus and Cyclops: Colossus is really strong as long as there are trash mobs around, but since two of his skills are greatly buffed by being able to grab enemies, he seems to suffer in any encounter without those. His heavy attack is really slow.

Cyclops is more fun than he has any right to be. He's fast and he has a good spread of abilities. His fourth special, the Ricochet Beam, might actually be his best one despite not having a Synergy attribute. His first special, Optic Blast, uses so little energy that he can do the Synergy thing with Captain America and bounce the beam off his defensive special for a very, very long time.

Sounds a bit like Thanos's beam to be honest.

But yeah, Cyclops and Collossus are cool.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Cyclops has every right to be fun as hell.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Cyclops should have some kind of buff but he’s still a good boy

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cyclops Was Right

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Where's quicksilver!!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

If Wakanda is giving you trouble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FLi9hYUO6g

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Update came out. Briefly played through it. There is gauntlet mode, which was pretty short and low level. A new nightmare mode which I think is just the regular game mode with vampire enemies? For beating up vampires you get medals which can be sent on all sort of upgrades (ISO-8, AEP points, XP Cubes) or character specific stuff (mainly voice lines and a few costumes). The costumes/characters are the stand out part. I also ready the level cap is raised, but I wasn't close to the old level cap so doesn't really affect me.

Costumes, which also have an additional recolor:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Fritzler posted:

Update came out. Briefly played through it. There is gauntlet mode, which was pretty short and low level. A new nightmare mode which I think is just the regular game mode with vampire enemies? For beating up vampires you get medals which can be sent on all sort of upgrades (ISO-8, AEP points, XP Cubes) or character specific stuff (mainly voice lines and a few costumes). The costumes/characters are the stand out part. I also ready the level cap is raised, but I wasn't close to the old level cap so doesn't really affect me.

Costumes, which also have an additional recolor:

The previous "actual" costumes (Planet Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and Symbiote Spiderman) can also get alternate recolors with this update.

So every character with an alt also gets a recolor for that alt now.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
No new maps? No extra level? I'm getting old and less patient with grinding. Won't lie; sort of disappointed with this.

Punisher is fun to play as at least.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
I unlocked Punisher and noticed that his heavy actually has its own combo.Hoping that'd be a trend.

But yeah Gauntlet seems to just be Infinity But In A Row.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Gauntlets are fun and new challenges with new conditions being added, nice touch. Plus the new item store is great for easier optimising of teams and abilities, really good addition. The new AEP slots seem a little disappointing with nothing super useful or fun added. Haven't tried the new characters enough to determine how good they are but it seems like their basics are quite strong. Morbius seems to have no synergies with the other three though, that's a bit disappointing, hope he's not another scarlet witch. New nightmare mode is a good challenge, but still a bit basic with magneto and Ms. Marvel in the game. Plus the level cap going up to 150 seems a bit excessive to me, I just finished grinding everyone to 100, and now I gotta do it to 150? :( Team XP ISO's still rare as hell, have to finish collecting these, but glad they've cut down on useless rainbow ISOs.

All in all a good patch with new content, although I doubt it's enough to revive the game much unless people were super psyched about these B-level characters and Punisher. The game still suffers from it's largest problem however, ISO-8 management. A huge problem area that kind of destroys the fun of the game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Guilty posted:

All in all a good patch with new content, although I doubt it's enough to revive the game much unless people were super psyched about these B-level characters and Punisher. The game still suffers from it's largest problem however, ISO-8 management. A huge problem area that kind of destroys the fun of the game.
given that iso stuff is the only real "loot" system in the game, just letting you delete more than 10 at a time would go a long way for quality of life.

level cap going up, new characters (hadn't messed with cyke or colossus yet) and an infinite survival mode are enough to give me tons of new gameplay hours, but lack of any new story content, and thus new enemies/maps to play on, are a real bummer.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cams posted:

given that iso stuff is the only real "loot" system in the game, just letting you delete more than 10 at a time would go a long way for quality of life.

level cap going up, new characters (hadn't messed with cyke or colossus yet) and an infinite survival mode are enough to give me tons of new gameplay hours, but lack of any new story content, and thus new enemies/maps to play on, are a real bummer.
I agree. Wanted new enemies/bosses. Did the first five gauntlets to unlock the new characters. I think I fought Elektra three times?

Most levels are chill and easy to play while listening to podcasts, which is what I will predominately do I guess.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Picked this game back up to check out the DLC. It’s a little obtuse to actually unlock them, but drat Blade is awesome. Gauntlet mode is pretty fun, it’s a great pick up and play mode. And I still have to unlock Loki & Thanos...

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

Picked this game back up to check out the DLC. It’s a little obtuse to actually unlock them, but drat Blade is awesome. Gauntlet mode is pretty fun, it’s a great pick up and play mode. And I still have to unlock Loki & Thanos...
Higher level gauntlet’s take too much loading time for me, because you have to load between each level. I like the idea of them though. The higher level ones give alt costumes for the unlocked characters. I like these costumes better, they’re still recolors, but more effort went in to them. The blade and moon knight costumes are great.

I just unlocked Thanos actually, mainly so I could unlock the Planet Hulk costume.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I'm still struggling to get Cyke and Colossus...should I just beat the main game first?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm still struggling to get Cyke and Colossus...should I just beat the main game first?
I think I was about 3/4 through the game? Colossus’s mission is weirdly hard (especially three starring it for the symbiote suit). What level are your characters? Level is pretty important. If you can’t get it I’m free later tonight and can help out in the mission. They’re my favorite two characters in the game so far.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I took a break for a while when I got stuck in that one boss fight in the Dark Dimension. I was able to unlock Cyclops at that point and use that mission to level up my guys enough to beat that boss and unlock Colossus as well.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The secret to the cyclops fight is killing one sentinel. They drop an item that immediately stuns everything near it's explosion on impact. So you throw it at the group and then focus on them individually as they will all drop the item. Makes the fight last like a minute. You can use the same strategy in the magneto fight

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
What’s the best rift for power-leveling?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

What’s the best rift for power-leveling?

The Wakanda Rush rift in the Omega Infinity Rifts. Alternatively, the Wakanda Wave rift in the same Rift also works(and is the better one for ISO-8 farming) though you need to find Ultimate's Shadowlands Rift first.

Also, Morbius seems like a beast for dealing with strong enemies and bosses: His DPS move has the Barrage synergy trait which has important synergies with a lot of things, he has a stagger move that also restores his HP, and he has a debuff like Daredevil, though it hits in a cone in front of him. His biggest weakness is probably that he lacks an ability for dealing with groups of enemies.

Actually, I think the DLC characters in general seem to be more specialized within their fields compared to the other characters. Cyclops is basically pure Mastery-based DPS with good range, both single-target and AoE, and Collossus is a tank with good AoE, stagger damage, and damage soak.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Folt The Bolt posted:

The Wakanda Rush rift in the Omega Infinity Rifts. Alternatively, the Wakanda Wave rift in the same Rift also works(and is the better one for ISO-8 farming) though you need to find Ultimate's Shadowlands Rift first.

Also, Morbius seems like a beast for dealing with strong enemies and bosses: His DPS move has the Barrage synergy trait which has important synergies with a lot of things, he has a stagger move that also restores his HP, and he has a debuff like Daredevil, though it hits in a cone in front of him. His biggest weakness is probably that he lacks an ability for dealing with groups of enemies.

Actually, I think the DLC characters in general seem to be more specialized within their fields compared to the other characters. Cyclops is basically pure Mastery-based DPS with good range, both single-target and AoE, and Collossus is a tank with good AoE, stagger damage, and damage soak.

Guess I need to finally beat the game on Superior, then.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Fritzler posted:

I think I was about 3/4 through the game? Colossus’s mission is weirdly hard (especially three starring it for the symbiote suit). What level are your characters? Level is pretty important. If you can’t get it I’m free later tonight and can help out in the mission. They’re my favorite two characters in the game so far.

poo poo, sorry I didn't get back to you on this. Been a busy last couple of days with class stuff. Yeah, I might need some help with it, not sure yet. My levels for my current team are:

Scarlet Witch, 36
Nightcrawler, 32
Storm, 33
Ms. Marvel, 32

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Finally got the last ISO-8 slot, now that I've begun to do some serious grinding. Also, it's amazing to see Thor with 10,000+ in every stat except Energy, and I haven't even gotten him to Lv. 150 yet. :allears: He's come a long way from his earlygame troubles.

Also getting choice characters I like to Lv. 100 to max out their abilities.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Morbius & Iron Fist (white costume) make such a beautiful duo. Dr. Strange fits in as well– we just need a fourth collar-poppin’ character. Playable Vision when??

An Avengers character pack would be nice. Vision, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, War Machine...

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Doesn't ghost Rider have a popped collar?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

100%ed the Lambda Rift so I now have Thanos's recolor (which I wanted since I think it looks cooler).

Boy was it cathartic to go back to the Black Order mission with Lv. 150 characters (and one Lv. 127 character) with relatively specced out ISO-8s and just curbstomp the entire Black Order after the nightmare that was the first time (when I was going for Thanos himself).

Next, I'll be getting maxing out the ISOs I need to do XP grinding (only need one more Team XP ISO) and Rainbow ISO farming (I have all the Rainbow ISO chance ISOs + Higher Quality ISOs I need, but I need more white ISOs to fully max them out).

EDIT: Oh yeah, for all you Rocket & Groot players, an MUA3 player named Daz has made a guide for them since they're turning out to be an extremely good choice for a DPSer (and could possibly be a Top 5 character overall) in advanced play: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iiCISDWNwbfql3h7ki9Op2aoGyHP1HZjS6na7kFq1Pw/edit

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 13, 2019

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Folt The Bolt posted:

EDIT: Oh yeah, for all you Rocket & Groot players, an MUA3 player named Daz has made a guide for them since they're turning out to be an extremely good choice for a DPSer (and could possibly be a Top 5 character overall) in advanced play: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iiCISDWNwbfql3h7ki9Op2aoGyHP1HZjS6na7kFq1Pw/edit

Hell yeah, this is the kind of number-crunching I was hoping for. It's been a long time since I even fired up the game, but I was struggling to make sense of R+G since they play so differently compared to everyone else, and I figured they just needed a different approach.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
bump
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1205301742264446977?s=20

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Jesus Ice Man’s costume is gently caress ugly

Gauntlet still sucks unless they patch the load times

Danger Room might be cool? Probably be dead as a doornail 9 days after launch

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

16 loving costumes! Basically all the X-Men + the Midnight Sons + the Marvel Knights characters.

Characters are Cable, Iceman, Gambit, and Phoenix. Unsurprisingly, the Fantastic Four pack seems to be the pack that will introduce 5 characters. They seem to do mostly heroes + one character who will be the antagonist of the pack's Gauntlet storyline, but who would also be someone who would join the team. (Blade, Punisher, and Moon Knight are the heroes for the Marvel Knights pack while Morbius is the antagonist. For the X-Men pack, the heroes are Cable, Iceman, and Gambit, while the antagonist is Phoenix.)

And since Fantastic Four pack is called Shadow of Doom, we're practically expecting all of the Fantastic Four + Dr. Doom as playables for that pack. The Fantastic Four are basically all heroes, so Dr. Doom is primed to take the spot for the pack's antagonist.