Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ThermoPhysical posted:

I liked Songbird. :(

Thunderbolts was a drat good comic (recent relaunch excluded), so it was nice to see her get more spotlight for once.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Am I remembering right where there was an attempt at a mystery of who he was for a few months when the redesign appeared in Ellis’ Thunderbolts?

I don't think so. They established who he was in Civil War: Frontline before that series started. It might have been a thing where he showed up in the promotional art months ahead of time and nobody knew what his deal was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Looks like previews will be up tomorrow and reviews will be up Thursday.

Also, there should be a day 1 patch on Friday, but you'll get the patch today if you preordered the digital version.

Gavok posted:

Thunderbolts was a drat good comic (recent relaunch excluded), so it was nice to see her get more spotlight for once.

I loved her powers too. It wasn't Psylocke but it was still good. One of the Vicarious Vision developers REALLY wanted Psylocke in and even made a mock-up M:UA 2 Gold Edition cover for if they ever made one with Psylocke front and center. I wish I saved that because it was really cool.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Playable Dazzler when?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

A reviewer is posting tid bits on ERA

quote:

I just got to the part of the game when you can modify and upgrade ISO-8. Seems like this stuff is going to be the meat of the character progression and customization. You can modify each piece with materials and currency and also upgrade by feeding ISO-8 to other ISO-8 shards. Some of this looks VERY expensive. I've seen some that require 1,000,000 credits.

So they expect you to keep playing

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GameStop says my digital code won’t be released until the 30th wtf

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

A reviewer is posting tid bits on ERA

So they expect you to keep playing

Where's that posted at?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

Where's that posted at?

reset era

The reviewer is currently in the linked discord in that thread talking the game

Quick summary, he thinks they showed too much but doesn't know where he's at in the story, just finished xmanor. Implies the unlockable characters can be guessed by seeing old footage. Wasn't a fan of the hero camera at first but now switches depending on the scenario. The infinite trials are real hard. There's 5 save spots so you can run multiple characters since xp cubes are semi rare and you won't be able to level everyone up in a single run. Diablo (3) is one of their favorite games, but they acknowledge this isn't for every one so don't expect high scores, but if you're in for a marvel beat em up, the game won't disappoint. Not as deep as Diablo, but you'll still put in time.

You can control the banter by pressing L and a face button

Full game being streamed

https://www.twitch.tv/teladrin

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 16, 2019

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

You can control the banter by pressing L and a face button

this tells me all I need to know

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

this tells me all I need to know

Are we sure it's not just one of Spidey powers?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Looks like previews will be up tomorrow and reviews will be up Thursday.

Also, there should be a day 1 patch on Friday, but you'll get the patch today if you preordered the digital version.

I loved her powers too. It wasn't Psylocke but it was still good. One of the Vicarious Vision developers REALLY wanted Psylocke in and even made a mock-up M:UA 2 Gold Edition cover for if they ever made one with Psylocke front and center. I wish I saved that because it was really cool.
What are you talking about? Psylocke was DLC for MUA2 and totally in the game (just not base). It was an x-men heavy dlc including Cable and Magneto.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Songbirb was also good in the Sunspot Avengers team.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Welp, semi confirmation of no Cyclops Colossus or beast. Gonna go mourn now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Colossus has had the bad luck of being in the long shadows of Hulk, Thing, and Thor his entire life. He's the big man of the X-Men but when it comes to the Marvel universe, the dude gets a backseat all the time. Unless Proteus is in this game, he won't be getting an invite to the party. Personally I always liked Cyclops but he also gets a raw deal constantly so I'm not surprised if he's strictly an NPC here.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my money is on loki and thanos as unlockable characters, and hopefully there are more trials available than the amount we've been shown on menus, cause that would give me the impression everyone is only going to have one alternate costume.

unless you can unlock costumes through methods other than trials. oh well. i am gonna play with my comic book action figures.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

hopefully the DLC characters will include Banjo-Kazooie and another Fire Emblem person

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Honestly like Link or Mario would be rad as gently caress DLC.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Fritzler posted:

What are you talking about? Psylocke was DLC for MUA2 and totally in the game (just not base). It was an x-men heavy dlc including Cable and Magneto.

Yeah they got her in for DLC but she wanted to have her on the cover for the supposed Gold Edition if the game went that far.

The game was years ago. :v: I'm misremembering some things but yeah. Honestly, the buying of Marvel by Disney really complicated things. The only reason the DLC came back was due to fans making a huge fuss on HeroHQ and emailing Activision. Disney, Marvel, and Activision were officially done with it and the fan backlash pushed them to allow it for 6 more months.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 16, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bushisms.txt posted:

Welp, semi confirmation of no Cyclops Colossus or beast. Gonna go mourn now.

Didn’t they post the full roster on the website like a month ago? Unless you mean the X-men dlc too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Zore posted:

Honestly like Link or Mario would be rad as gently caress DLC.

Supposedly they wanted to put a couple Nintendo guys in UA2, but their mock up they showed Nintendo used the PlayStation UI, and that didn’t go over well.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Supposedly they wanted to put a couple Nintendo guys in UA2, but their mock up they showed Nintendo used the PlayStation UI, and that didn’t go over well.

UA 1, actually! It's actually up in YouTube.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I thought Samus was the one that was initially being floated as a character

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Didn’t they post the full roster on the website like a month ago? Unless you mean the X-men dlc too.

No the web site doesn't even list characters we know are unlockable like Elektra, so Colossus and cyclops have always had an outside shot.

Edit nevermind she's there now. I dunno

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I thought Samus was the one that was initially being floated as a character

It was both. Samus and Link were going to be added in but Nintendo didn't like that it was being shown to them on the PS2 and not the Wii.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

heads up, probably not a big spoiler or anything but Magneto is not a story mode unlock. he's actually a character that will require some work to unlock. some characters have some old-school unlock requirements which is neat and also makes sense because Magneto is badass

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

heads up, probably not a big spoiler or anything but Magneto is not a story mode unlock. he's actually a character that will require some work to unlock. some characters have some old-school unlock requirements which is neat and also makes sense because Magneto is badass

Nice

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Magento is very cool and good and he was right unlike cyclops who was not right

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

When Cyclops went nuts there was a really good first issue to the new Uncanny that was someone informing on him to SHIELD in the narration boxes, and at the end you find out its Magneto, and it's such a dope reveal, the idea that actual genocidal terrorist magneto is like this guy is fuckin NUTS

Then the next issue was like thanks for lying to them for me magneto you're welcome Cyclops and that sucked

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

When Cyclops went nuts there was a really good first issue to the new Uncanny that was someone informing on him to SHIELD in the narration boxes, and at the end you find out its Magneto, and it's such a dope reveal, the idea that actual genocidal terrorist magneto is like this guy is fuckin NUTS

Then the next issue was like thanks for lying to them for me magneto you're welcome Cyclops and that sucked

Which issue was that?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i traded weed for a preorder on amazon so i guess im playing this bad game

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Weedgalactus thanks you

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

remind all the idiots on your discord i was right about russiagate and they were all huffing rachel maddows farts while worshiping fbi and cia ghouls

full communism now tia

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Percelus posted:

remind all the idiots on your discord i was right about russiagate and they were all huffing rachel maddows farts while worshiping fbi and cia ghouls

full communism now tia

I would be honored to! I’ll make the post and let them know.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

the exception was in the extremely bad Ultimatum storyline in Ultimate Marvel wherein Magneto is an absolute murdermaniac. Then he finds out mutants are not special and were actually just a genetic experiment from SHIELD that went haywire. Magneto's last act is to tell Cyclops "uh even though I killed him, Charles would have forgiven me under the circumstances" only to be met by Cyclops saying "yeah, NO" and VAPORIZING his loving head off. Probably the greatest stone cold Cyclops moment ever and unfortunately it came at the tail end of one of the worst loving comic arcs ever created.

Though it also ends with Mr Fantastic telling everyone "Dr Doom is too dangerous to live after he caused all this poo poo" and sending Thing to Latveria to just flat out crush Dr. Doom's loving head in a pool of blood with one stone fist so that's two things that own in a series that was dominated by edgelord poo poo and way too much hosed up violence.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Percelus posted:

full communism now tia

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

hey punchy those indictments are coming any day

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

as long as magneto has a move where be becomes an orb of death and you just float around he's my main

also even if he doesn't have that move he's my main

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Percelus posted:

full communism now tia

So there's no playable Black Widow?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the real question is will this game have the jiggle physics from other team ninja titles

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Percelus posted:

the real question is will this game have the jiggle physics from other team ninja titles

and will bulges jiggle more importantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

the bulges i've seen so far have been underwhelming but if the bulge jiggle physics are on point it could save it.

could really go either way at this point