Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hello i'm dickeye! you know me from such hits as "the time i exposed the forum to Magic Lizard"! well i'm back with a brand new thing!

basically i want to do periodic showcases of weird fuckin movies that you, forum viewer, might not know exist. i was going to wait until magic lizard fell off but then this beautiful gem crossed my twitter feed

https://twitter.com/twitersgoodboy/status/1147116005518446592

yes that's right, its a vigilante story about a wrestler who wears a Visible Man suit, by Ethan Coen. and this isnt like garfield is by "the cohen brothers" and you hear it out loud and say what the gently caress joel and ethan, no this is actually Ethan Coen directing this bizarre film starring michael rappaport

it is, coincidentally, on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSNXtJ8LZIM

so come join me, as we watch this strange beautiful thing that i genuinely cannot believe exists. lets all have a new favorite coen bros movie together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

hello i'm dickeye! you know me from such hits as "the time i exposed the forum to Magic Lizard"! well i'm back with a brand new thing!

basically i want to do periodic showcases of weird fuckin movies that you, forum viewer, might not know exist. i was going to wait until magic lizard fell off but then this beautiful gem crossed my twitter feed

https://twitter.com/twitersgoodboy/status/1147116005518446592

yes that's right, its a vigilante story about a wrestler who wears a Visible Man suit, by Ethan Coen. and this isnt like garfield is by "the cohen brothers" and you hear it out loud and say what the gently caress joel and ethan, no this is actually Ethan Coen directing this bizarre film starring michael rappaport

it is, coincidentally, on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSNXtJ8LZIM

so come join me, as we watch this strange beautiful thing that i genuinely cannot believe exists. lets all have a new favorite coen bros movie together.

fuckin' perfect

edit: made a Letterboxd list gently caress it, I'm making the letterboxd list

https://letterboxd.com/kenny_waste/list/weird-movies-of-the-whenever/

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 6, 2019

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

My VHS copy of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels that I watched over and over again back in the day had a trailer for this on it. ‘90s indie cinema was weird.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

My VHS copy of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels that I watched over and over again back in the day had a trailer for this on it. ‘90s indie cinema was weird.

bring it back, i want more weird movies from acclaimed writer/directors

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Ethan recycling some ideas from Darkman here, then disabled guy with a machine prosthesis, the lead goes insane and you can see “through” his skin. Kind of some spider man stuff in there too, was raimi involved?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

the Cohen's used to Raimi the gently caress outta everything.

Im like 5 minutes in and this is so well shot, im hooked,.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

I rewatched darkman after this. There hasn’t been a better super hero movie since

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The Coen brothers can be seen driving the Evil Dead car in Darkman. Pay attention to the scene where he's dangling off the helicopter over traffic.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Four minutes in, getting Cronenbergian vibes

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
My senior year religion teacher in high school would have probably loved this garbage

edit:

Like, this is basically Bible Man

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
also, Dark Man

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
from the trailer those wrestling shots make me wonder if the dude steps in the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Holy poo poo, I was only this morning discussing Atypical with a friend when I mentioned I vaguely remember a fever dream of a wrestling movie starring Michael Rapaport.

I got given the predictable "be less weird" look but, goddamn, do I feel vindicated.