Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Man Giovanni is a dick.

When he hit Vulcan with cane did he keep on going or was he just spinning it around wildly?

He was repeatedly hitting him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It was me Vulkan. I was the one who ruined your life. Everything was because of me, Giovanni.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Someone just pointed something out to me.

Flail the brute White Clad was the rear end in a top hat Fire Force Officer from Hinawa's Flashback.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Man Giovanni is a dick.

When he hit Vulcan with cane did he keep on going or was he just spinning it around wildly?

Also I love that Arthur is very powerful but he seems to unintentionally handicap himself because he's a moron.

Chuunibyou is a hell of a drug.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
To provoke that much rage with such a smug, repugnant sadist for a villain, the next episode had better pay off in stacks. Like 'David has to go two towns over for more orange' levels of payoff.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Latom

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How are fire and magnetism related?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Fire is the enemy of magnetism.
High heats render magnets inert.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

How are fire and magnetism related?

There's a guy who makes ice out of his fire powers. This show makes Railgun look like a CERN experiment.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Clitch posted:

There's a guy who makes ice out of his fire powers. This show makes Railgun look like a CERN experiment.

That's actually plausible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoacoustic_heat_engine

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The series ran out of actual fire powers very quickly so it just started going down the regular shounen power list and adding "...using fire!" to the end of each.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

whoa :goofy:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Regarding heat and magnetism:

https://www.nature.com/news/magnetism-flips-heat-flow-1.12090

https://physics.aps.org/story/v15/st14

There's some quantum stuff that's been verified using magnetic fields being able to control the flow of heat. I don't understand any of it so some other Goons can look at it and see if it nominally tracks.

Heat apparently can also be used to generate magnetism via the Seebeck effect wherein it's been observed that a magnetic field can be generated as a response to electrons in a conductor moving due to temperature gradients. Again, I don't really understand it that well in detail but here's a link:

https://scitechdaily.com/scientists-generate-magnetic-field-using-heat-instead-electricity/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tamaki, Still a Problem

Maki, Owns.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though it's still kind of funny seeing the strongest of the enemies get beaten in such a stupid way.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They picked a good time to start animating in top form again. I love Maki's fights.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

would've preferred if they just led with the tamaki bullshit so the maki stuff wasn't brought down

at this point just loving write her out of the show or cure lucky lecher ffs, wholesome iris/tamaki shipping is not any sort of counterbalance

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dogsicle posted:

would've preferred if they just led with the tamaki bullshit so the maki stuff wasn't brought down

at this point just loving write her out of the show or cure lucky lecher ffs, wholesome iris/tamaki shipping is not any sort of counterbalance

From what I have read ahead, (3 or so arcs) it's much more minor from now on. I think there has been once instance of it. And it was just her jacket falling off.

Also clip from this episode's simuldub is even called Maki is best girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXIe9MZMphs

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 30, 2019

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Iris w/ a pipe is pretty much the only thing that saved that segment for me.

Iris mashing all the buttons or being brutally violent punctuated with a "Latom" is a better gag in practice than it should be

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tamaki pls stop being bad

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Real hosed up to have in a shonen manga. She tried so hard but doesn't get to win without dis bullshit

I will freely admit I am part of the problem though because I laughed when this edgelord midboss went into the ultimate horny white space

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Edgelord midboss vs gag manga character, at least the fight was over with quickly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh Snapple! posted:

Iris w/ a pipe is pretty much the only thing that saved that segment for me.

Iris mashing all the buttons or being brutally violent punctuated with a "Latom" is a better gag in practice than it should be

Goddamn, Iris stone-cold murdered that guy :stare:. "Latom" indeed.

MonsterEnvy posted:

From what I have read ahead, (3 or so arcs) it's much more minor from now on. I think there has been once instance of it. And it was just her jacket falling off.

Also clip from this episode's simuldub is even called Maki is best girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXIe9MZMphs

My favourite was from slightly before the clip, where she headbutts a mook and then finishes by having one of the Hover Units slam his loving skull into the ground so hard it leaves an indentation in the back of his head. That man was dead.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's a shame they have to resort to that because, at least in theory, Tamaki's really strong. Battle shonen gonna battle shonen I guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dawgstar posted:

It's a shame they have to resort to that because, at least in theory, Tamaki's really strong. Battle shonen gonna battle shonen I guess.

Tamaki is just painful to watch and a wholly wasted character (You could see the painful "Yup, she's the REAL Tamaki alright!! :pseudo:" gag coming from a mile off). If anything, this should've been the fight to prove she's not the dumb fanservice character she's presented as. But instead they doubled down and end it on a comedy beatdown :nallears:.

Though it did give Iris a truly badass moment, at least :stonklol:.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have no idea what her power even is and they couldn't even give her/assault a fight with any impact before just cutting the legs out from underneath completely 🙄

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

i have no idea what her power even is and they couldn't even give her/assault a fight with any impact before just cutting the legs out from underneath completely 🙄

Her power is "Nekomata"; She deploys fire tails off her thighs like lashes (it's why she's got those unique pants with the sides left bare) and flaming cat ears, while she moves and fights like a cat. Because fanservice.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

dogsicle posted:

I did enjoy assault being like "she dodged it?" Yes, a novel concept that someone agile might, y'know, get out of the way of your huge fire bullet

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dawgstar posted:

I don't think you can chalk this up to "battle shonen gonna battle shonen" when even by the standards of the genre Tamaki is really loving bad

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
As mentioned we don't have much Tamaki fan service for a pretty long while after and the examples that do happen are pretty tame.

And she is involved but she just does not have any big fanservice moments after the Assault fight from what I have seen.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That makes sense since this fight pretty much exhausted the possibilities for her character.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Thinking back on it, I think something that underlines what they think of Tamaki as a character is that she wasn't sent for training with Benny alongside Arthur and Shinra. She's supposed to be at the 8th to learn to be a better Fire Soldier, after all. Same rank, supposedly-same general level of strength. And yet...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think you can chalk this up to "battle shonen gonna battle shonen" when even by the standards of the genre Tamaki is really loving bad

Honestly, I still pretty comfortable with that assessment because even beyond that you've the stuff Neddy said above where she doesn't go for training. What really makes it frustrating is Okubo did Soul Eater and Maka was really cool so he can do right if he wants.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That feeling when nobody points out the mistake in the thread OP for almost 5 months :mad:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
There’s an OP!?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Thinking back on it, I think something that underlines what they think of Tamaki as a character is that she wasn't sent for training with Benny alongside Arthur and Shinra. She's supposed to be at the 8th to learn to be a better Fire Soldier, after all. Same rank, supposedly-same general level of strength. And yet...

She was trying to pass Nun training.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hinawa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hinawa vs Arrow was really cool.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
i love Arthur’s ponytail moving on its own, you can really tell the shaft DNA in this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pretty good episode all around, the main fight was cool and Arthur continues to be the best character.