Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did jar jar binks write that refrain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Wasabi the J posted:

I found the evidentiary picture from JamesGunn.com

Sure, they're all at the bottom of the suit: https://humanevents.com/wp-content/...o&pagemode=none

Here's all the Exhibits:

A:

B:

C:

D:

But that's just what's alleged in the suit:

I doubt these exhibits are admitted unless there's something corroborating which is for some reason missing here.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Has Elektra Entertainment Group, Urine's label, come up in here before? That loving name :aaa:

Elektra popped up signing artists who were blacklisted from mainstream labels, including protest singers and poo poo.

They had everyone big in the 90s though.

quote:

... Metallica, The Cars, Luna, Anita Baker, Stereolab, and Teddy Pendergrass. Also during this time, Elektra developed a relationship with the UK label 4AD. Elektra became the label for 4AD acts such as the Pixies, the Breeders, Frank Black, and The Amps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Elektra_Records_artists?wprov=sfla1

Also PMJ James Gunn got hell dumped after making GBS threads on Trump. He rightfully got called out for poo poo jokes from decades ago, got fired from his projects, but then owned his actions and got re-hired back onto his projects. Now Gunn is directing Peacemaker, a series where the titular character is the child of a white supremacist supervillain.

Jack Posobiec has claimed a bunch of poo poo that was demonstrably false over and over again, including complete hoaxes.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Jan 26, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Yeah Jack is a well known grifter and piece of poo poo.

Getting re-hired by well known hotbed of pedophilia and pedophilia apologism Hollywood is not the vindicating thing you're suggesting but ultimately I have no strong feelings about Gunn being or not being a pedophile. He reminds me of, like, Yiannopolous or Justin Roiland in that my impression is their flirtations with pedophilia and apologism thereof is borne of their own victimization as children - although obviously that's conjecture.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Here's some good stuff for MKDELTA:

https://twitter.com/kgosztola/status/1486377073887358978

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Elektra records is extremely sus, tied to whole bunch of poo poo in the laurel canyon scene and were involved with the Doors which is the loving red alert signal

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

whats the doors connection to stuff?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I'm saying that pobosiec being the ONLY originating source of information is extremely suspect.

As the victim of abuse, I want justice and peace for victims, not abuse being used as slander or speculative fiction.

I'm not real saavy how to look up court cases, but I've watched the alt right make libelous claims sure they will suffer no consequences time and again.

That stuff in Denmark is dark, and comes from Denmark's official public service broadcast. Seems like they've recently dug up quite a bit of stuff regarding LSD research in the 60s, too.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Party is on brand for a Troma director and was probably a great time with lots of (really good drugs) and consenting adults loving each other in the bathrooms and/or balconies. poo poo, I wish I was invited.

The fallout from this twitter kerfuffle ended up with Gunn making one of the better DC movies and getting re-hired by Marvel, sure, but more importantly it got Perlmutter loving fired, which is goddamn hysterical.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Marzzle posted:

whats the doors connection to stuff?

So Jim Morrison's dad, George Stephen Morrison, was the admiral that was running the show during the gulf of Tonkin incident, which literally is what started the Vietnam War. Jim was a total straight laced clean cut guy with no musical talent that shows up in the summer of 66 with a fully formed band, enough songs to fill several full albums, and a whole lizard king pesona. This guy is lauded as a musical genius, except he can't play any instrument, can't read or write music, and by his own account didn't even listen to music or go to live shows. There are tons of contemporary examples of how much they loving sucked live, Jim couldn't sing, nobody could play music, the mixing sucked, all that poo poo. The Doors seem like complete aberrations, but tons of brands were like them at the time. Elektra ended up signing a ton bands that had sounds that defined the era, and lo and behold a lot of them were like Jim; military brats or outright former military that had no music talent whatsoever

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

GIRL BRAINS posted:

So Jim Morrison's dad, George Stephen Morrison, was the admiral that was running the show during the gulf of Tonkin incident, which literally is what started the Vietnam War. Jim was a total straight laced clean cut guy with no musical talent that shows up in the summer of 66 with a fully formed band, enough songs to fill several full albums, and a whole lizard king pesona. This guy is lauded as a musical genius, except he can't play any instrument, can't read or write music, and by his own account didn't even listen to music or go to live shows. There are tons of contemporary examples of how much they loving sucked live, Jim couldn't sing, nobody could play music, the mixing sucked, all that poo poo. The Doors seem like complete aberrations, but tons of brands were like them at the time. Elektra ended up signing a ton bands that had sounds that defined the era, and lo and behold a lot of them were like Jim; military brats or outright former military that had no music talent whatsoever

so the doors music is just all studio magic?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jim morrison is the singer who frequently would not show his face to the audience and would stand with his back to them during performance

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Marzzle posted:

so the doors music is just all studio magic?

Not just them but the beach boys, mommas and the pappas, Crosby stils nash and young, the birds, tons and tons beyond were totally studio jobs, and so many have military connections. David Crosby was a loving marine and probably involved in pre-war poo poo in Vietnam. Frank Zappas father was a chemical weapons developer for the military. It's actually insane how many chemical weapons guys ended up in laurel canyon right around the time LSD was getting big

Also i think it's Elektra or asylum records that supposedly had the charles manson song tapes back when he was trying to be a folk star

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Live in Detroit is a great live album.

Interesting tidbit, "Alabama Song" is lifted from a communist opera, Little Mahoganny by Bertolt Brecht. The original line was "show me the way to the next pretty boy" - in the opera this line is sang by a chorus of prostitutes - which Morrison changed to, obviously, "little girl". However he did say "next pretty boy" on one live album.

David Bowie also performed "Alabama Song" which was actually the A-side to the Space Oddity B-side. Bowie also altered "next pretty boy" to "next little dollar" and also "next little girl".

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Don’t forget Ray Manzarek had enlisted in the Army as an intelligence analyst then the very next year gets to go back to UCLA as a film student

quote:

In the fall of 1961, Manzarek briefly enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law. Unable to acclimatize to the curriculum, he transferred to the Department of Motion Pictures, Television and Radio as a graduate student before dropping out altogether after breaking up with a girlfriend.[10][page needed] Although he attempted to enlist in the Army Signal Corps as a camera operator, he was instead assigned to the highly selective Army Security Agency as a prospective intelligence analyst.[11]

The Doors Edit
Following his return to the U.S., he re-enrolled in UCLA's graduate film program in 1962, where he received a Master of Fine Arts degree in cinematography in 1965.[12][13] During this period, he met future wife Dorothy Fujikawa and undergraduate film student Jim Morrison.

He also wrote a novel about what if Morrison faked his death.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Not just them but the beach boys, mommas and the pappas, Crosby stils nash and young, the birds, tons and tons beyond were totally studio jobs, and so many have military connections. David Crosby was a loving marine and probably involved in pre-war poo poo in Vietnam. Frank Zappas father was a chemical weapons developer for the military. It's actually insane how many chemical weapons guys ended up in laurel canyon right around the time LSD was getting big

Also i think it's Elektra or asylum records that supposedly had the charles manson song tapes back when he was trying to be a folk star

Have you read CHAOS?

As far as I know the only person who auditioned Manson was Terry Melcher. A possible motive for the Tate murders was Melcher's rejection since Melcher lived at the Tate's from 1966 to 1969. Manson also played his tunes for the Beach Boys but I don't think any of that was recorded.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Have you read CHAOS?

As far as I know the only person who auditioned Manson was Terry Melcher. A possible motive for the Tate murders was Melcher's rejection since Melcher lived at the Tate's from 1966 to 1969. Manson also played his tunes for the Beach Boys but I don't think any of that was recorded.

I have and im going through weird scenes, it's pretty murky but manson pops up a lot all over laurel canyon, like he lived in Zappas log cabin with his followers for a time, just a few years before the murders

I think Melcher and Dennis Wilson were his main guys and who he saw as hid way in, but it really seems like Manson was a big fixture in the laurel canyon scene and probably ran extreme deep with the whole counter culture music scene

GIRL BRAINS has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Jan 26, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
So we're looping around to the Satanic Panic without a hint of irony? Is there a point other than "hippie music is devil music"?

Lol not even saying rock and roll or heavy metal is the devil. The loving Beach Boys? Come on man

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
They're programming our youth with songs about summer and cars and fun :ohdear: Just the most insidious mind control poo poo

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think it's more the industry plant angle, but it would've been impossible to throw a rock and not hit a true military baby boomer in the 60's.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Am I saying that the 60s hippie counter culture movement was largely run by spooks, pedophiles, conmen and Satanists? Yes absolutely, it's 100 percent true.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if the government wanted me to believe that drugs are awesome, then MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Futanari Damacy posted:

So we're looping around to the Satanic Panic without a hint of irony? Is there a point other than "hippie music is devil music"?

Lol not even saying rock and roll or heavy metal is the devil. The loving Beach Boys? Come on man

have you never read about any of this stuff? a lot of this has been known for a while.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

Is it also “looping around to the Satanic Panic” to point out that the CIA funded the Iowa’s Writers Workshop and Jackson Pollock?

Is it that absurd to suggest that the CIA used loving Louis Armstrong as cover for assassinations in Africa?

Rockefeller, the CIA, and others had an active campaign to shape the arts towards the values they desired, to contrast with the Soviets, where is the assumption Rock avoided this coming from?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

smarxist posted:

if the government wanted me to believe that drugs are awesome, then MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

As much as it peeved the conservatives at the time, one couldn’t have hoped for a better message of individualistic complacency and apathy more than: “Turn on, tune in, drop out.”

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
[Guy who obviously doesn't know poo poo about the Beach Boys] You're telling me these are bad guys? Seriously?

Also no one mentioned Satanism on this page or the last so I don't know why Futanari is bringing up Satanic Panic? Considering that allegations of "Satanic panic" have historically coincided with real, actual cover-ups of abuse it's so sus...

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hippies are notorious sellouts so it doesn't take much to make them look worse.

See: Matt Groening

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Dennis Wilson famously said that he help found The Family with Charles Manson

And not for nothing there were tons of satansists and process church assholes everywhere
Jimmy page was a loving crowlyite that bought his loch ness mansion with the pedo wall art, Keith Richard's had the Altamont free concert poo poo which may or may not have been a satanist ritual

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
[Watching Pasolini] Satanic eucharist, huh? Okay I can't take this guy seriously

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

idc i'll still listen to 60s/70s beach boys plus dennis wilson's lone solo joint is p good

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Keith Richard's had the Altamont free concert poo poo which may or may not have been a satanist ritual

Astroworld = No Satanic sacrifice

Altamont = No, Satanic sacrifice!

Whatever these were they were the same thing, but the thread seemed to miss the point as it was happening in real time

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

As much as it peeved the conservatives at the time, one couldn’t have hoped for a better message of individualistic complacency and apathy more than: “Turn on, tune in, drop out.”

Ah yes, Americans- famously known for not being intrinsically complacent or apathetic. A people made of determination, gumption and grit- the only thing that can slow them down is *checks notes* Beach Boys' "Be True to your School"

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Americans had won massive labor concessions in the preceding decades...

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
CHAOS was literally a program to thwart the very popular, prominent, and influential Black Panthers. Same as COINTELPRO.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Americans had won massive labor concessions in the preceding decades...

..and that basically ended when Truman took office. The tide was always going to be against labor, human dignity, and social advancement after the US Paperclipped all their favourite Nazis to form NATO.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
How quickly we forget HUAC et al and its profound impact on the entertainment industry and life in the US in general. Covertly controlling the population through music seems downright quaint compared to the poo poo they were unabashedly doing in everyone's faces

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Futanari Damacy posted:

Astroworld = No Satanic sacrifice

Altamont = No, Satanic sacrifice!

Whatever these were they were the same thing, but the thread seemed to miss the point as it was happening in real time

So there are some pretty differences- while astroworld was a poo poo show, and Travis Scott was probably tickled pink watching his fans bleed to death while medical staff did cpr, it was more the fact that astroworld had way too many people and not enough staff to control- an abject failure (or sucess) of capitalism

Whereas Altamont literally had the stones hire the hells angels, notorious neo-nazi metheads even by the standards of the times, who proceeded to wade out into the crowd during a set of sympathy for the devil and stab people to death while a young film student, no poo poo George Lucas, was filming it for a documentary, and then the stones went on to finish the whole show. Makes astroworld look like loving giggle town frolics

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Futanari Damacy posted:

..and that basically ended when Truman took office. The tide was always going to be against labor, human dignity, and social advancement after the US Paperclipped all their favourite Nazis to form NATO.

You still needed Vietnam, a Cold War, spycraft, Deng and Gorbachev... NATO didn't become omnipotent from Nazi magic or anything. Truman didn't defeat labor nor did NAziTO, you can't look at these things so discretely.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Which is why it's dumb to fixate on whether the Mamas and the Papas "belonged to intelligence"- we haven't even determined the significance of that for the thread namesake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Here's a wild take- maybe the country founded on racist enslavement was always going to be poo poo. I keep forgetting how good everything was going in the 10-15 years before Jim Morrison stepped onto the scene