Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i have a lib friend who is totally dismissive of the tara reade stuff and says it's been "disproven," says she has no contemporary evidence, has accused dozens of people, etc. do we have a good source that libs might believe backing her up, or did that turn out to actually be a nothingburger too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

HELLO LADIES posted:

You weren't unfairly probed and tbh you should be banned. "Abrahamic religions" is an inherently anti-Semitic term. The only theology Christianity and Islam have in common is bastardization and demonization of the "old Testament", because both religions are usurpers/colonists/cultural appropriators who need to demonize the source to keep the marks they were evangelizing to from just converting to Judaism and/or doing what Judaism says is required of non-Jews, basically "keep the Noahide laws".

Just the fact that you're banging on about the common link of Abraham, ie, the guy who stopped human sacrifice, should clue you in, and in fact it did clue you in, which is why you have to invent your stupid little "no actually there's another secret layer to this!". The numerology and mysticism in Kabbalah is honestly fairly stupid, but it arose because complex, multi-layered interpretation is just what happens when you have a changing group of people over time interpreting the same strictly copied, unerring text, and what cryptic methods there are for concealing things in the text and actual cipher capabilities of Jewish mystics and the Jewish community existed were developed because of how both Christians and Muslims would kill them for practicing their religion at various times, so it had to be done in secret.

There are in fact a ton of atrocious, bloodthirsty aspects of Christian religious dogma and even direct Islamic theology (every half-educated MAGA chud has heard of "dhimmitude" at this point), but for some reason the "dark psychic forces" in "Abrahamic religions" never talk about any of that, they always point to a vague, completely asspulled idea of Jewish theology and the "Jewish patriarchal God", based on various fanfic ideas of the Torah present mainly in Christianity and Christian interpretation of Judaism, and conveniently ignoring the mythology/theology of every other culture, because shockingly enough, it's all from the perspective of European Christians, meaning they aren't capable of noticing how they're giving themselves away. It's all just the same old blood libel with a new spin.

source your quotes

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

well yes, it's true that these three world religions are all based around the idea of a hereditary covenant with god and use as their template for that covenant the same prehistoric protomyth with a named protagonist, but it's actually bigotry to notice that

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

Man I really don't want to wade into this poo poo but that's not what he said and your comment feels intentionally obtuse.

Holy poo poo you really need a source for Judaism being punishable under Christianity and Islam for most of its history as a minority religion? History is really not taught anymore? For 2000 years Christians were taught from childhood that Jews killed Christ and Jews were of the devil. For an example under Islam I highly recommend reading the travels of Benjamin of Tudela. It's widely available online and I wish I'd read it recently enough that I could give you a page number for examples. It's a fascinating travelogue on its own merit and I read it years ago. To be fair, until the modern state of Israel Jews were much better off under Islamic rule. It's mostly Christians who made killing Jews a core part of being a good adherent. That's not saying that Christianity is evil, but it's founding myths and the Catholic Church made it so the Jews living amongst them had hell to pay for most of its existence.

e: The mod posts above were made while I was typing this. Didn't mean to intentionally continue this derail after it's being asked to be shut down, apologies.

so did you not read the first paragraph of what i quoted or what

for on-topic content, my wife has been obsessed with that epstein documentary and she's seriously crack pinging. we actually lived about 9 miles away from little saint james at one point (we lived on st. thomas) and everyone down there knew about him, everyone. he wouldn't be caught dead on STT (because it's full of poor black people) so i never saw him but i would have definitely thrown a brick at him if i could have.

also that's not the only pedo island down there, only the most well known. a lot of the little islands off of STT are owned by old families from the area or diseased rich fucks and they all rape kids.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Also, the alleged names of the other local island owners whose ill behavior is considered de jure

there's lots; thatch cay was owned by a company called "idealight" who supposedly wanted to build an eco resort there but it never got off the ground. branson's island is called Necker and it's technically closer to the BVI and so falls under their jurisdiction but that's not really relevant. idk much about guana island because it's on the far side of tortola but norman island is SE of st. john, and both it and guana are owned by a german billionaire named jarecki.

the classic "big local family" is the Paiewonskys, who used to own Hassel Island until the mid 20th century and absolutely got up to devilish shenanigans there. the trouble is that hassel island is really close to STT, as in you can swim ashore, so it's not ideal as a child rape site. anyways the paiewonskys sold it in the 60s i think.

jojoinnit posted:

I didn't take that bit as what you meant. The latter religions are bastardisations of the old testament, they depend upon the source material of Judaism for their openings. I do apologise for my tone, I can see it came off way too strong. Neither exist without Judaism and both demonised it to propel themselves and demonised Jews to explain themselves.

Now this is back on topic! I assume you're close enough to have seen the pizza boat that makes the rounds apparently? How much local gossip went on at the time? I remember that handyman in the Netflix doc basically making it sound like an open secret.

bastardisation is a strong word and also theologically incorrect; judaism has space for a subsequent prophet bringing word of a new covenant, jews just disagree that jesus and/or mohammed were it.

pizza boat was a local institution but last i heard it sank during hurricane irma. i haven't lived on island since november 2017 so if the owners got it back running it was after i left
it looks like in 2018 they sold it, which to me means the owners saw the writing on the wall and sold their brand to some hapless newcomers and got out while the getting was good.

the local gossip is that everyone in the world knew that epstein was raping kids on that island. not that we could do anything about it because the government is hopelessly corrupt and also he never set foot on STT. maybe he went to STJ a few times because it's mostly rich white vacationers there, but even then they're like normal-rich, not epstein-rich and he probably hated them.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

TheAardvark posted:

the idea that there are just these random places that "oh yeah, everyone knows they rape kiddies down there" and the world ignores it is basically incomprehensible

well not really incomprehensible but really sad

i have no firsthand idea what's going on down there now, none of my family lives there. i keep in touch with my friends from down there and things are basically back to pre-Irma status quo but about 20% shittier, apparently, like the hospital never really recovered.

nothing like little st. james. it was on a whole new level. there's a general understanding that white billionaires who come down to private islands are debauched. basically: if you are coming to st. thomas but you're not landing on st. thomas itself, which is absolutely full of bars and restaurants and beaches and party spots and people whose entire career is entertaining tourists... and you're instead sequestering yourself on a little rock with nobody but your servants and guests for company... then the only reason to do that is because you don't want anyone to see what you're up to.

DAD LOST MY IPOD has issued a correction as of 03:51 on Sep 1, 2020

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I actually just watched the movie because my wife and I alternate picking movies and she wanted to see what the fuss was about. it is basically Thirteen for the social media age. the movie is aggressively, nauseatingly uncomfortable, but it does have a point and it’s not about how sexy kids are. the dance scenes are supposed to be awful and nerve wracking to watch, they’re enfolded in a plot that fairly unsubtly sends the message that this is a bad, bad thing.

I would not watch it again and not recommend it unless you have nerves of steel and an iron stomach (and hopefully no kids of your own, since this will make you want to lock them in their rooms until they turn 18). however it does not seem to be made for pedos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

pentyne posted:

The end would've benefited way more from less focus on the girls and more on the cheering crowd, smiling and applauding judges, and the whole culture of child dance/pageant competitions that endorses and encourages such behavior.

did you watch the movie? the crowd cheers and smiles at first because they’re like “aw, a bunch of kids, that’s cute.” then when the girls actually start dancing the crowd quiets down and starts booing and looking disgusted and horrified. there are a bunch of reaction shots of them looking extremely upset and grossed out and one woman covers her kid’s eyes (except of course there’s this one portly white dude who seems to be really into it).

the dance competition isn’t a child pageant, all of the other teams are adults, that’s what makes it so inappropriate