Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I've definitely got Epstein brain. Last night I watched JFK for the first time. I had never heard of Jim Garrison or the New Orleans characters involved. Anyway, now I'm convinced the CIA is behind everything.

Any recommendations for a good history of the CIA? Something that's a sober analysis that sticks to known facts, yet also is not any way apologetic. I want to get into the real poo poo.

Legacy of Ashes, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Helsing posted:

Literally came here to say don't read Legacy of Ashes, especially if your interest was piqued by JFK.

on the contrary, read the Weiner.

but also read Waldron's book after you do

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

the best and most salient part of Stone's movie was a coked-up Joe Pesci screaming "even the shooters don't know who the shooter is, man!"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Helsing posted:

It may be the case that Oswald was a genuine Marxist who was being monitored by the CIA as part of one of Angleton's mole hunts and they had to cover this all up because it was so embarrassing

I forget the author's name, but the relatively-new Angleton bio called "The Ghost" basically confirms this. IIRC, they have Angleton memos with Oswald in them as early as 1960.

and BTW you're basically totally correct, with the addition that they got a ton of info about this from a cellmate spy program in the 80s while Marcello was on the inside.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I am loving...

is there a German word for utterly amazed and yet not at all surprised?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

a guy who spent millions on cryotech to preserve his head and penis upon death

commits suicide?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

isn't that just someone with an EMT-channel scanner?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Civilized Fishbot posted:

apparently the guards were shouting "BREATHE EPSTEIN BREATHE" at him.

that is the dumbest and most unlikely thing I ever heard so I'm sure it's absolutely true

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

oh come the gently caress on

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

guys that Prince Andrew tweet is a gag

edit and not in the way he would like

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

:ohno:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jesus, and I just mean Jesus Harold Christ.

ladies and gentlemen I have cracked in my life, and I have pinged. but I have never cracked and pinged so vigorously as do I now.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

you think that's Jeffrey Epstein you're breathing right now?!?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I can't imagine not having a constant buzz during the apocalypse. Get one of those weed vapes they're perfect.

I just broke my glass piece yesterday and I was so fuckin' mad at myself. just crack pinging around the patio.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Over Easy posted:

I stopped smoking weed 2 weeks ago after doing it like 5000 days in a row and I feel absolutely no different it's weird

yup you are permanently bent, like me and many others

brain work better now

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mantis42 posted:

I remember reading at the time that 2012 would begin a period of ever increasing novelty until the very laws of physics themselves fell apart. Seems to gave been true.

the fact we haven't found dark matter WIMP candidates, or any evidence for supersymmetry...

...well it's fuckin' upsetting. that's what it is.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

twoday posted:

how is this real, it reads like an onion article

we are living inside the onion.

the onion's response has been, of course, to brutally report direct truth without varnish, which now appears to us as the most hilariously ironic statement on our condition.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

there's that fuckin book about how Manson was a CIA asset, and I just cannot even handle the level of reality right now

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

aaaaaaaa
I brought up Epstein with mom and she immediately brought up the black dahlia murders. I guess there's a documentary that builds a case for the elite carrying those out? i don't know anything about the murders or the docu but if you're looking for another possible rabbit hole...

nah this book is called Chaos by Tom somebody.

just came out. I flipped through it in the bookstore and started cracking and pinging right there in the aisle in front of God n' everybody

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

goddamn y'all read about Jolly West and how Ruby was compos mentis before his visit and utterly delusional afterward.

y'know, Louis Jolyon West of MKULTRA fame.

anyway, Jolly West was also running LSD and psyops out of the clinic that Charlie Manson frequented that summer before he did something no one had ever really done before...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

twit666 posted:

Read 20 something pages of Programmed to Kill, I think I'm going to barf.

yeah I had to set it down after Part I.

I dunno man.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

hello Cleveland, we are Indict The Phenomena

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Programmed to Kill is really good but I've also noticed that some of the most terrifying revelations have like no citations and no practical way to follow up on. For some of you who are new to cracking and pinging you need to balance this stuff out with a healthy dose of agnosticism or else you will literally go insane. The more horrifying the material the easier it can be to accept without any verification, especially when there is already so much horrifying and verifiable stuff that's built into Epstein-Brain-Consciousness.

I recommend focusing mainly on a grounded study in historical materialism or the more down-to-earth "conspiracy theory" Chomsky stuff. Otherwise, you need to understand that you can actually make yourself crazy and you won't be able to control how far it goes (you'll wake up in what Robert Anton Wilson called Chapel Perilous and you'll never escape). It's important to be conscious of how you're relating to this info and the affect it's having on you. Irony legit helps. Meditative practice helps too. Anything that helps you stay out of a total binary system of thought and allows you to continue being a functional person that can enjoy and experience love and things with the people around you.

I am glad that you said this, because I had been wanting to say it, and you did it well. there is a healthy dose of stuff in there that we can never falsify and will never have any sources beyond hearsay.

that said, I cracked and pinged like a motherfucker the whole way through Part I.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

Really the Russians have it right in just giving up and doing nonstop petty crimes and day drinking

I have insisted that this forum cease to doxx me

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

read Chaos and Programmed to Kill back to back, and can I just say something here:

[redacted]

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

read Alfred McCoy's book if you all want to crack ping on a different topic, yeah

CIA dealt more drugs than Escobar

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Al! posted:

this isn't even a conspiracy theory, guys involved in the flights were like "hell yeah we traded guns for heroin then sold the heroin to black communities back in the united states"

"oooh, yeah sorry...was I not supposed to do that? I bet I wasn't supposed to do that."

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

old.flv posted:

I put it down a couple weeks ago but the writing in Programmed to Kill felt off to me

it's what happens when someone without real experience or training tries to collect a dense narrative of facts. without the skill to keep the thread running, it starts to feel like a list of sentences

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Right. NAMBLA doesn't have any power because it was founded by a leftist.

I mean at this point who the gently caress am I to say anything about this

clearly I have cracked and pinged enough.

please.

please just stop

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

*clicks a bunch of those links*

okay well

I think I'm probably out. am I getting old so that I believe stuff more easily? I'm a bit upset by the sense that this is all making.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Serf posted:

i'm pretty sure that big underwater observatory that went missing is where they're keeping the still very alive epstein

The scientists suspected it had been carried away by the sea; Observatory said it believed it had been attacked.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

okay guys are can't

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

GWBBQ posted:

if she even existed in the first place.

Wasn't that picture conclusively fake?

yes but it was disseminated in a way that everyone believed was from GW or associates (and therefore probably was), despite being a relatively obvious fake as such -- which means it is an obvious message.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ah poo poo they found out the low-multipole oddity in the CMB

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

the airline put options are pretty easily explained by innocuous stuff.

the one on sept. 9 actually accompanied a huge purchase order by the same investor, it's a price game

the few options on sept. 10 were because of some newsletter that yelled about airline future. 9/11 commission actually published these details along with public-record corroboration.

I'm as Epstein Brain and Dutroux Heart as the rest of you, but 9/11 poo poo is too far. No government, no group of people, is capable of keeping that secret in today's environment.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I mean yeah I don't doubt the dudes were connected.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

MizPiz posted:

"It would be impossible for the government to keep the thing people are directly accusing them of a secret"

obviously you're right, but in the wake of the thing, there were a lot of powerful people throwing their weight around to find out who did it.

here's the problem: you can't assume they were all part of it, because that's impossible, because humans are stupid and large groups of humans are even stupider.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ace of Baes posted:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2003/jan/6/20030106-083824-4351r/

Here's an article from 16 years ago directly linking PROMIS to Bin Laden. 😋

do better than quoting moonies

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

this was unavoidable but that doesn't mean it isn't loving lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

"the government couldn't possibly maintain a conspiracy" and "all these people who have pointed out the conspiracy are crazy" are contradictory

I don't think people are crazy for thinking so. I'm just pointing out that a thousand random investors that sold American Airlines because of a newsletter are probably not all in on the conspiracy.

and yes I will call 9/11 a conspiracy.