Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

twoday posted:

Science Philanthropist, Jeffrey Epstein, Organizes A Global Doomsday Conference

/EINPresswire.com/ The Jeffrey Epstein Foundation convenes an international conference of award winning scientists to identify the greatest threats to the Earth.

In the wake of the March 2011 Tohuku earthquake and tsunami, the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists pushed the symbolic Doomsday Clock one minute closer to midnight last January, to reflect the world's lack of progress with battling climate change and nuclear weapons.

To address this concern, the Jeffrey Epstein Foundation, which funds science research, is organizing a second world conference called Coping with Future Catastrophes to be held most likely in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

The first conference took place last December in the US Virgin Islands and brought together a prestigious panel of scientists to identify the greatest threats to the Earth. Such threats include acts of bioterrorism and high-energy chain-reactions.

The conference included Marvin Minsky, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT, Martin Nowak, Professor of Biology and Mathematics at Harvard University and Lawrence Krauss, Professor of Physics at Arizona State University.

Lawrence Krauss, who also serves as co-chair of the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists' board of sponsors, stated that, "The major challenge...in the 21st century is how to meet energy needs for economic growth… without further damaging the climate ... and risking further spread of nuclear weapons..."

"We need to identify the greatest threats to our Earth," Minsky summarized, "but we also need to prioritize them."

The list of prioritized threats, assembled at the first conference will be refined at the second conference, and will host a larger panel of international scientists. "We intend to cast a wider global net," Jeffrey Epstein remarked, "and cover a wider range of fields including bio and genetic engineering."

The goal of this second conference however is to also begin the process of setting up a non-governmental agency to monitor the list and work on preventative measures.

"So far, there are hundreds of organizations, such as the International Atomic Energy Agency or the World Health Organization, that monitor potential threats but they tend to focus on one field of study," Minsky affirmed. "There's a great need for an international organization to collect data from all of these groups, to prioritize looming disasters and to establish preventative measures.

I'm actually writing a bit for another subforum that deals with the X-risks subculture, and I will touch on its links to folks like Epstein. The Machine Intelligence Research Institute, aka Eliezer Yudkowsky's* outfit got money from the man too: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/peteraldhous/jeffrey-epstein-science-donations-apologies-statements

There are frankly disturbing links between the futurological subculture, in all it's forms, from neo-eugenics areas to the :derp: around existential risk bullshit and the circles that Epstein ran in, whatever their full nature was.

*For those who aren't fully familiar with MIRI or Yud, I refer you to this thread:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627012&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

It's moderately well known that the UK transphobia movement has some dark money behind them.

I'm genuinely wondering if some of it is the Epstein lot checking if throwing a minority under the bus like that might work as a decoy.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/lachancenaomi/status/1270577146491174912

:allbuttons:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Regulus74 posted:

If you want to make yourself feel better, sure, believe that, but the truth is that it's just 30 times easier for a woman to get away with it.

A few pages back when people were talking about the cabal trying to normalize pedophilia as a response to the epstein thing someone said that would never happen because access to heinous poo poo like that without repercussion is something that genuinely separates the ruling class from everyone else.

Child loving is the king's privilege, so even the kings who aren't hedonists will still support those who are purely on the basis of maintaining such an obscene level of privilege.

That old soldier in Disco Elysium was right after all. :staredog:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

So there's this tabletop roleplaying game, Eclipse Phase, that's about transhumanism in the far future.

Here's an excerpt from the book:

Lifeboat Institute? Is that a real thing?

https://web.archive.org/web/20181116223902/lifeboat.com/ex/bios.jeffrey.epstein

... oh

There is a reason I am so aggressively antitranshumanist, and this is one of them. That subculture is rotten with this sort of influence, and milindustrial complex money and influence, when they are separable.

Imagine being an anarchist that thinks something from that milieu is salvageable, imagine being that bad at being a black cat.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

I'm also autistic, so the eugenics bits that are inescapably part of it have me backing away and reaching for a heavy object.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Hatebag posted:

We've doomed most life on earth so that pedophiles can have private spaceships, and i for one think that's bad

One strategic objective that every leftist movement must have is the prevention of the escape of the paedo cabal from Earth.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Anyone nattering about 9/11 truth in ths thread is doing the cabals work for them.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Happy Thread posted:

Also the only people more boring than ufo deniers are evopsych deniers. Denying the basic economics that mathematically play out in gene pools. In brains that are indifferently assembled by gene pools. Really, it goes back to nearly everyone having poor intuition about the power of exponents, such as after n generations.

Or pretending that gender is not an important variable in gene pools, under the delusional view that the act of reproduction requires that both genders pay a remotely comparable investment cost.

Not just people who hate chud evopsych evangelicals, but who flatly rule out the whole inquiry because of that association. Boring.

Lol, I'm both a bio and SoAn student, and evophsych is a punchline in both, as it's using bad the former, for just so stories in the latter.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

This guy needs a new title and AV related to it, it's so entertainingly bad.

I'll post a 10 buck donation to RAINN recipt if I have to.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Lightning Knight posted:

post a funny picture to give them for an avatar (that is appropriately sized) and I’ll do the thing

This look good?

I'm willing to take alternates by any goon that can think of anything better.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

ikanreed posted:

I mean he couldn't physically gently caress, but by all reports, he treated the women in his life pretty bad. Not Einstein steal-their-life-work-then-divorce bad, but not well

:eng101: actually, sexual arousal is wired into a different set of nerves then these breaking down for him, meaning it was quote possible for to... :eng99: :suicide:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

bedpan posted:

there are 1,000,000+ terrible ways to monetize eugenics

Epstein had significant interest in futurist concepts, and an ideological interest in eugenics. We all also know in this thread that transhumanism as an ideology is significantly backed by MIC money outside this lot, as much as they can be separated.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Centrist Committee posted:

that sounds like formal dark enlightenment stuff to me, like moldbug. or maybe epstein just helps me make better sense of it

Nah, the dark enlightment are clowns - potentially dangerous ones, mind you, but clowns.

I don't think it a coincidence that genetically designed or cybernetically enhanced ubermech are being rehabilitated in modern media - it's useful to make folks think 'cool future' or character when MIC types want to be able to put bits of semiconductor in folks or fill them with drugs that make Panzerschokolade look like sugar pills to make them better at killing poor fuckers in whatever post-colonial place we've turned into a shitehole this time, let alone wanting folks to tolerate the idea of the rich paying to speciate their offspring - and that is the end game of these concepts of designer babies that are attempting to return to the mainstream, albeit probably by reproductive isolation, rather then genetic incompatibility. It's not that garbage like altered carbon or the rest of that poo poo in the current SF fandom are MIC psyops, just that they're useful bits of stupid nerd idiocy to signal boost to achieve those ends, or inspire shitheads to think they can be achieved.

The rest is explicable by rich assholes having an endless fear of limits and their mortality.

What really annoys me of course, is anarcho-transhumanists or other transhumanist 'leftists'; what kind of excuse for a 'black cat' sees the origins of all that poo poo and tries to reclaim something liberatory out of tech born to create better oppressors or ways of thinking about living systems born of our societies never-really-finally-dealt-with eugenicism issue? It's complete brain worms.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 14:20 on Aug 7, 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Tubgoat posted:

We just had a massive derail about Blade Runner in another thread. Tl;dr, Machines that act with humanity are more human than "humans" that act without humanity. Technology itself is morally neutral unless it's deployed to harm the vulnerable. I wouldn't go creating artificial life (or biological life, for that matter) but wouldn't be a dick to someone just because they didn't born out no 'giner.

Technology has logics of it's own, it's not as neutral it would seem; a society puts it's imprint on the technology it builds, yes, but it goes the other way as well.

And anyone who'd gently caress with the genetics of their kids like that out of desire for superiority, or who'd clone themselves... well, I don't want it happening even after the revolution, because I don't want to be getting called out of bed for militia duty to back up the community's Child Services Department, because anyone narcissistic enough to do that is probably gonna end up having their kids removed from the home for their own safety. There is only one kosher application of that tech, and thats dealing with genetic conditions incompatible with life.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 15:00 on Aug 7, 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

Elimination of oppression and reclamation of that technology for the public good are inextricably connected.

Some applications are unneedful in free equal societies - a free equal society that isn't bombing the gently caress out of folks doesn't need advanced invasive DNI for anyone who isn't an amputee, it doesn't need either enhancement for its ruling caste, or eugenics programs for 'economic competitiveness', and it doesn't need loving combat drugs.

quote:

i see epstein as not just a spook connected blackmail pedo but as operating at the vanguard of a new kind of techno fascism.

I strongly agree with this take; if we survive the current fascist irruption - not a sure thing by any means - that is the next nightmare on the horizon.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Aug 8, 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

OutOfPrint posted:

The transhumanist, replacing limbs with cyber equivalents part of Cyberpunk has aged really poorly. Why would a company let someone own their cyber arm instead of owning a license to the cyber arm that can be revoked at any time, comes with built in monitoring and advertising software that tracks the amount of times, length of time, and force used to jerk off, and restrictive DRM that doesn't let it work within 6 feet of a competing company's net connected device?

Gibson really dropped the ball on the legal end of the corporate dystopian future.

In this world of rapidly maturing exoskeletons, cybernetic strength enhancements look like folks being shot over a hot 5 megabytes of ram.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

The human body is already janky enough as it is without aftermarket bullshit.

And that's before antibiotic resistance.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

To be fair, he's probably a better lay, with all that experience.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

And then the blackmail nukes fly, because these people are idiots.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

I want to talk about actual epstein gang stuff, not random brain poison from someone who went a bit beyond crack pinged to being a bit cracked.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Truga posted:

next to rise of neo-nazism and imminent climate disaster, billionaire pedo rings do seem kinda like, whatever dude

fortunately, it's possible to care about more than one thing :kheldragar:

The billionaires in those pedo rings were responsible for this situation, after all.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Can we not have free for all in here? Make a separate conspiracy theory thread if we must, but can we stay focused?

quote:

how would antisemitism promote their interests in Europe? isn’t half the Epstein thing Israel wielding a tremendous amount of influence over US stuff?

Likudnik types tend to want to encourage that, as they see it as a way of forcing wayward non-zionists into the fold, and making them come to Israel.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Marketing is accurate, those creepy fuckers are doing that, and likely thrown a black film maker's career down the toilet in the process:

https://twitter.com/BrndnStrssng/status/1296520139639263232

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I do believe the pandemic is “natural” however I will not discount out of hand evidence that points to it being an Epstein dead mans switch because it kinda makes sense with everything he was into

he wanted to live forever and put his dick on a robot body and had access to a lot of scientists so why would he not get one to create a nasty virus as Bond villain level blackmail against the numerous people with mutual interests to see him silenced uniting against him

I’m just saying, it tracks

We've done molbio work on this thing, there'd be signs of tampering. If people did something to cause it, it was probably a bungled passaging experiment.

This thread is vanishing into the weeds, and we need to get back on topic.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

I ain't touching any vaccine for this thing, not without at least 5 months free of bullshit. Not after what heard about some of the sars vaccines.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Good riddance to cuppy, I'll take a slow thread that talks about about the actual pedo conspiracy instead of endless pages of what is at best dipshit brain poison.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 03:36 on Sep 2, 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

:fuckoff::frogout:

This is a thread for talking about the pedophilic rapist cabal that Epstein was associated with, and its tentacles in society, such as its role in attempting to revive eugenics, not brain poison like that fed disruptor cuppy tea.

There are actually interesting things to talk about in that vein, unlike that.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 11:58 on Sep 2, 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Mostly a joke at the expense of the dingdong who spammed up the thread.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Cuppy killed a good discussion thread about the behavior of our elites by making it about his generic conspiracy word salad with gross things about the holocaust.

Either ban talking about that fuckwit, or :gas: the thread, because I want to read about loving Epstein, not some useless shitheel posting hosed up poo poo about jewish community leaders sacrificing their people to bahomet or whatever, or how his perma wasn't deserved.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Backweb posted:

Circumstances surrounding Epstein's death open up the discussion to a broad, wide ranging subject. You don't go from math teacher to billionaire hedge fund manager at a school with a history of child abuse without having a shitload of weird connections.

Instead of telling the thread what you don't like, try contributing something meaningful.

"Stop talking about pedophilia conspiracies in the thread about pedophilia conspiracies!"

"Stop talking about CIA conspiracies and deep state occultism in the thread about a CIA conspirator and deep state occultist!"

Either add to the cracking and pinging or vote 1 and move on.

Free Cuppy Tea.

No, because this thread was interesting before he came along and made it about him. We were talking about stuff with real world grounding in the behavior of the CIA and elites being edgelord fuckwits before he spewed his vomit everywhere.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

okay so my hunch which i'm sure many of you share is that while at interlochen as a student, epstein was groomed and conditioned via abuse. i can't figure out why he specifically was selected.

but there is an interesting parallel here in the uk, where our elites are sent to boarding schools where sexual abuse is rampant. they are taught by their parents and peers etc to believe this is something you have to experience to "get on" in life. then when they go into politics and business they direct their resentment and trauma at people lower down the pecking order than themselves. it goes back 100s of years, elites conditioning their children via abuse in order to keep the system ticking over.

This is the content I'm here for.

I'd be leery - some abusers are abused themselves, and you're describing a real thing, but, well, I think he might not so much have been conditioned, but interested in either product or procurement and chosen as a disposable moron. I could see him being groomed into it mind you.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

OutOfPrint posted:

I think the point was less "abuse makes abusers" and more "being brought up in an environment in which abuse is normalized and rampant can normalize abuse for the already inclined."

Epstein was absolutely just a middle man, and an easily sacrificed scape goat. He didn't exactly keep a low profile. My conspiracy hypothesis is that qanon is an op to draw attention away from the real pedophile elite and Epstein was sacrificed to further the Q conspiracy.

I think Q was organic, but sooner or later some folks associated with this outfit figured out how to yank it's chains.

quote:

Also, this thread is nothing but speculation until Maxwell gets suicided, free Cuppy Tea so that speculation can get fun.

I prefer having a decent sizzle to steak ratio, thanks.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Tubgoat posted:

Awful app does not have post-reporting capabilities.

There is LITERALLY VIDEO FOOTAGE of the OP (def an op) posting with his trip code, from a mainstream news segment, that circulates in CSPAM.

*shits on poster posting content*
*makes thread all about self while accusing content-poster of the same*
OH YA KNOW THIS QANON THING IS OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING SOMEONE ARRIVED AT THROUGH CONNECTING DISPARATE EVENTS, BUT gently caress THAT ONE GUY FOR SAYING NAZIS KILLED JEWS AND MAKING THE THREAD ABOUT HIMSELF!

Brain poison about preplanned human sacrifice isn't loving content, loser.

There's quite a few possible scenarios, and while the pedo cabal has a lotta power, they ain't loving god. I suspect this rear end in a top hat started it himself, then the cabal co-opted him in some fashion - considering what goes down on 8chan, they probably just had to do what they have a lotta practice in, namely proffer their favored brand of forbidden fruit.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 21:17 on Sep 13, 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

This is kind of related to what I'm talking about - there is a pedo cabal, and it does have power, but it's as reactive and opportunistic as elites always have been - and they're certainly not brighter then any other group of capitalist elites.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

quote:

BUT gently caress THAT ONE GUY FOR SAYING NAZIS KILLED JEWS AND MAKING THE THREAD ABOUT HIMSELF!

We already know why those garbage did that, their jew-aryan racial conflict complex that was a core of their ideology (on top of getting to loot the poo poo of everyone they murdered, like every genocide ever), not some blood sacrifice bullshit like a lovely David Brin story*. It's literally the same poo poo as those dumbshits at New White Wolf saying the Gay Genocide in Chechnya was because of vampires.

*Yes, I am not pulling a name outta my rear end, he actually wrote something like that.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

I am not exaggerating about either story. Brin, rather then reading about actual genocide stuff decided to use the holocaust for some kind of stupid 'summon the aseir thing' in some WWII novella or short story or some poo poo. :wtf:

The latter was what got Paradox to shut NWW, after the ongoing clown car fire that was the entirety of their existence. :byewhore:

Honestly, it raises my suspicion slightly that cuppy was doing a bit, TBH.

I hope I will not be continuing after this point, this derail should be gone with Cuppy.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

e-dt posted:

oh my god can someone just make a qcs thread already so that all this tedious bullshit goes there instead of here

Or don't, because Cuppy was an awful threadjacker, and either had gone loco from quarantine or was doing one of the worst bits in the history of this subforum or was doing an antisemitism with some degree of subtlety, and that fuckstain isn't worth giving the QCS shitheels a cudgel to attack us with, considering he'll go back to making the thread about him instead of a good plurality of the western leadership caste being child rapists.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 12:58 on Sep 14, 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Elderbean posted:

I feel like anyone acting in good faith would see cuppys posts as being adjacent enough to anti-semitism to warrant a boot.

Epsteins ties to Isreal came up several times without the thread divulging into poo poo that sounds like diet stormfront posts.

I was joking that Cuppy was a fed, but now I (90% jokingly) wonder if we touched a nerve...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Happy Thread posted:

[*]ElsaGate -- Suppose Jolly West wasn't lying when he wrote to his superiors of MKUltra being a success at re-programming individuals. From developmental psychology, you'd expect that whatever successes of his methods would grow the younger of age they were used at. Maybe they found out something that could help contextualize why this decade's sleazy YouTube channels became so obsessed with showing children abusive content, in addition to the expected financial motives. Financial motives explain a lot for sure, since basically anyone could hope to profit by scamming YouTube advertisers -- you make gross shock content for children to trick the algorithm into taking it viral, then rack up billions of meaningless auto-play views, achieved once you've tricked clicks from enough curious babies who are on YouTube unsupervised. But the sheer volume produced of shock videos for children, and their depravity, and their occasional connections to YouTube channels exploiting real children, shows a level of dedication maybe even beyond profit.
If it's an operation, then we'll find out in a few decades time, when a generation of 12 year olds all hear their childhood ElsaGate-imprinted trigger phase at once, then suddenly start violently cannibalizing each other or other commie-sympathizing youths.

Trying some idiotic scheme like that is certainly something they'd be dumb enough to try.