Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Sometimes I like to go out and run the trails that are near my house. It's nice, I usually go in the morning when no one is on the trail and typically it's a quiet pleasing trip through the woods. This morning while I was out I came around a corner and scared the crapola out of two gals who were coming up the trail the opposite direction. Like, they did the whole jump and yell thing and to be fair I could understand. It was a blind corner and by the time they saw me I was basically right on top of them, just some dude wearing a black sweatshirt with the hood up breathing heavily and running. I laugh a little and wave hi as I go to pass them. Then for some reason one of the women, apologizing for yelling, says "Sorry but we're all alone out here."

As I continued on I get to thinking, well yeah, of course you're all alone out here, we all are. Then I start to realize that if indeed I was some kind of crazy woods murderer running down the trail looking to sate the voice in my head chanting KILL KILL KILL then wouldn't telling me that they were all alone be a silly thing to do? Like, if someone was actually predatoring around the forest why in sweet gently caress would you tell them you are all alone. I mean, it seems like it'd make more sense to tell someone that you are part of a larger group or something. I don't know. Maybe like imply that you have a gun or something?

Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Nah

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

They wanted company dude. You missed out on hanging out with a couple of ladies and maybe more.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Why are you still fantasizing about attacking these women?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Why are you still fantasizing about attacking these women?

That's an extremely good question.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe they didn’t want to come across as dicks for freaking out idk. You should have offered to comfort them. :smug:

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Should have killed them, missed ur chance they wanted to die probably

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BrownieVK posted:

Should have killed them, missed ur chance they wanted to die probably

See, now I feel bad.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I ran into a deer once. The stupid thing jumped right out of the bushes into me both going nearly full speed. It hurt and I spun around, but I think I won

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Lap why you do this

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Lap why you do this

Mostly compulsion.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's entirely normal to ask yourself this.

It's a socially awkward situation that you became aware of and reflected on.
I'll bet the runner who said that to you, at some point, thought about this brief moment and went 'pfft .. The hell did I say that for?'

The thing is... That's ALL it is. Hanging onto it is a bit much, should you let yourself, op.

... Like this. ... So don't.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
They're not alone though, they have each other. How the frick many women need to be in the same place for them to not be alone??

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

It's entirely normal to ask yourself this.

It's a socially awkward situation that you became aware of and reflected on.
I'll bet the runner who said that to you, at some point, thought about this brief moment and went 'pfft .. The hell did I say that for?'

The thing is... That's ALL it is. Hanging onto it is a bit much, should you let yourself, op.

... Like this. ... So don't.

I'm taking notes in my "IMPORTANT HAPPENINGS" steno-pad so I never forget.

:911:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i always ride my bike with headphones and sometimes im on trails i shouldnt be on and dumb rear end dog walkers yell things at me i have no idea what they are saying lmao

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One time I walked into a Subway and there was a small 16 year old girl working the whole place by herself. I asked her if she was the only one there and she said yes.

I told her in the future that she should probably tell whoever that there’s definitely other people here in the back.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

iddqd posted:

One time I walked into a Subway and there was a small 16 year old girl working the whole place by herself. I asked her if she was the only one there and she said yes.

I told her in the future that she should probably tell whoever that there’s definitely other people here in the back.

Did you then wink at her? Why did you ask that question in the first place?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Why you gotta terrify children iddqd?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Why did you ask that question in the first place?

This is also a really good question.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
You don't get it Lap. They're saying that because they killed the third person they were jogging with. They were trying to give you an alibi when they get caught next week.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Literally A Person posted:

Mostly compulsion.

Love you * kisses a confusing part of the body but it’s authentic*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

nullEntityRNG posted:

You don't get it Lap. They're saying that because they killed the third person they were jogging with. They were trying to give you an alibi when they get caught next week.

I was wondering what that stench was...

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

* kisses a confusing part of the body but it’s authentic*

You mean my FUNNY BONE!!!! :downsrim:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

I was wondering what that stench was...

You mean my FUNNY BONE!!!! :downsrim:

Yeah girl

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Devils Affricate posted:

They're not alone though, they have each other. How the frick many women need to be in the same place for them to not be alone??

No number of rabbits will feel safe against the wolf.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chomp8645 posted:

No number of rabbits will feel safe against the wolf.

I feel like the women would have been less scared if I didn't have this tattooed on my forehead.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Voted 1. I was hoping for a thread about pooping in someone's yard during your run.

Need more poop stories. :metis:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Did you then wink at her? Why did you ask that question in the first place?

Eh, when I'm working alone at my deli people ask me that all the time. They're usually looking to sympathize or compliment me and I don't think it was any different there.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Went for a run today as well OP. Didn't see anything cool but it's good to go running and I hope your abs also get tight and horny

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Sounds like you met a dumb person for a brief amount of time

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

this never happens to me op because i’m handsome and don’t run with a hood up during the summer

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I went for my lunchtime tox walk today down by the lake. I didn’t rape scare anyone.

E didn’t meet anyone

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

I went for my lunchtime tox walk today down by the lake. I didn’t rape scare anyone.

E didn’t meet anyone

Should I be like blowing a whistle or something?

Macnult posted:

this never happens to me op because i’m handsome and don’t run with a hood up during the summer

How you gonna get your sweat on without a hood? Foolish, goon. Foolish.

dr.acula posted:

Sounds like you met a dumb person for a brief amount of time

and/or those two ladies met a dumb person. Either way really.

LabyaMynora posted:

Voted 1. I was hoping for a thread about pooping in someone's yard during your run.

Need more poop stories. :metis:

I will keep this in mind for my next "Went for a run today..." thread. Thank you for the constructive criticism.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Went for a run today as well OP. Didn't see anything cool but it's good to go running and I hope your abs also get tight and horny

:hai:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

How you gonna get your sweat on without a hood? Foolish, goon. Foolish.

I don't even wear a shirt when I run. My body attains a thin film of water that I use to evade any predators I may encounter on my run, such as snakes or fat people who tell me to put on a shirt

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ArtIsResistance posted:

I don't even wear a shirt when I run. My body attains a thin film of water that I use to evade any predators I may encounter on my run, such as snakes or fat people who tell me to put on a shirt

Shameful. It's not trail running unless you are wearing a full space suit.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i wear a madea style fatsuit

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Actually, wondering how they may have reacted if I was running in a space suit.

Like, maybe they'd salute and thank me for my service to SPACEFORCE ONE.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I don't caery a gun while running but I do while hiking

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

JK Fresco posted:

I don't caery a gun while running but I do while hiking

I have the same rule for chastity belts.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
there's always a falsely intimate acquaintanceship/friendship between walkers and joggers on park trails ("hi") that doesn't seem to obtain anywhere else and that i find slightly weird. there's a pseudo-confessionalism to the op's encounter--a divulging of the self--indulged in by both parties, that seems of a piece with this.

e: the false friendliness is almost certainly to disguise and/or assuage the essential reality, which is that strangers are most dangerous when you are out in the wilderness. people are more open and communicative in these circumstances to gauge and draw out who they're dealing with. but this might or might not be a good general strategy.

Zane fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I like to show hikers and runners my magic face mask. It lets you travel to the future!