Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

How you gonna get your sweat on without a hood? Foolish, goon. Foolish.

that’s fair but i’m hella hot blooded and just run shirtless and wink back at all the hot moms and dads in passing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

they were testing your humanity and would have lead you to your death. you dodged a bullet op. Please, always jog politely.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I went on a run today but I cramped up really bad as I was just passing the far end of the couch and I had to walk the rest of the way to the kitchen.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Hey OP if you had to kill two women in the woods how would you do it?

Like if you really had to?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The subway goon comment is seriously hosed up I can't even wrap my head about why someone would say that to anyone.

Also sandwich artists are never alone they have razor sharp knives.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Icochet posted:

Separately

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Sometimes I like to go out and run the trails that are near my house. It's nice, I usually go in the morning when no one is on the trail and typically it's a quiet pleasing trip through the woods. This morning while I was out I came around a corner and scared the crapola out of two gals who were coming up the trail the opposite direction. Like, they did the whole jump and yell thing and to be fair I could understand. It was a blind corner and by the time they saw me I was basically right on top of them, just some dude wearing a black sweatshirt with the hood up breathing heavily and running. I laugh a little and wave hi as I go to pass them. Then for some reason one of the women, apologizing for yelling, says "Sorry but we're all alone out here."

As I continued on I get to thinking, well yeah, of course you're all alone out here, we all are. Then I start to realize that if indeed I was some kind of crazy woods murderer running down the trail looking to sate the voice in my head chanting KILL KILL KILL then wouldn't telling me that they were all alone be a silly thing to do? Like, if someone was actually predatoring around the forest why in sweet gently caress would you tell them you are all alone. I mean, it seems like it'd make more sense to tell someone that you are part of a larger group or something. I don't know. Maybe like imply that you have a gun or something?

Discuss.

Now you know why there are hundreds of missing people in the national park system.

I run a trail that's a service route for a couple of antenna sites, and it's also in national forest territory so you can camp anywhere for a limited number of days. There's a dude out there who stealth camps, complete with a camo net over his site so you can't really see him unless you're trying hard. Cool dude though, he just wants to be left alone.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Missed out on a great Penthouse Letters opportunity.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rad-daddio posted:

Now you know why there are hundreds of missing people in the national park system.

I run a trail that's a service route for a couple of antenna sites, and it's also in national forest territory so you can camp anywhere for a limited number of days. There's a dude out there who stealth camps, complete with a camo net over his site so you can't really see him unless you're trying hard. Cool dude though, he just wants to be left alone.

I believe that you have a totally fine grasp on this situation and stuff, but I was trying to think of something funny to say, only to think about the situation as:

"Goon proceeds to find hidden campsite off main trail. Bothers occupant frequently enough to find out the details of just how it's hidden and that the man just, please, wants to be left alone. Just..leave him alone. The campsite was hidden and everything and.."

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

JK Fresco posted:

I don't caery a gun while running but I do while hiking

Do people treat you differently when they see you carrying?

I've wondered about carrying for safety's sake, but my luck I'd still get eaten by a mountain lion or bear.

Also, all the folks I see in the back country are chill and I put off enough of a serial killer vibe that they leave me alone anyways.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

I believe that you have a totally fine grasp on this situation and stuff, but I was trying to think of something funny to say, only to think about the situation as:

"Goon proceeds to find hidden campsite off main trail. Bothers occupant frequently enough to find out the details of just how it's hidden and that the man just, please, wants to be left alone. Just..leave him alone. The campsite was hidden and everything and.."

Good points, but I'd passed his camp a few times over as many weeks and one day I saw him out tending to his plants(he had some succulents in flower pots) so we talked briefly and he asked if I needed some water. He'd probably seem me running by the other times, and knew I was just out there to run.

I'd like to think I have enough of a sense about people to know when bad stuff is about to happen, but truth be told the two times I thought I had people figured out I was way off. The first time, there were some guys who looked like hardened thugs that were hanging out a local abandoned mine. Turns out they were just chilling and offered me a beer.

The second time, I was out climbing in the hills above Santa Barbara. There were some preppy kids who looked about college age and they were driving a newer car. They hung out and watched me and a friend do some boudlering(climbing without ropes) and then they left. We found out a few months later that the trio had just dumped a body down the road from us.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh, shows how naive I am, sheesh. I wasn't even considering it being a potentially threatening situation to you. I just meant you were pestering the hell out of some dude who was trying very politely to tell you to gently caress off from his hidden campsite and you kept finding him and coming back like a stray dog every few days "..hey Mister! :D"

If anything I figured he'd be out there growing weed in the park and tell you to get lost in a hurry.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I went for a run today at a nearby park that people use to walk a ton of dogs at. One person had a new puppy and it ran up to me as I was running so I stopped and gave it a little pat because it was so excited to see me.

Put a smile on my face for the rest of the run!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Oh, shows how naive I am, sheesh. I wasn't even considering it being a potentially threatening situation to you. I just meant you were pestering the hell out of some dude who was trying very politely to tell you to gently caress off from his hidden campsite and you kept finding him and coming back like a stray dog every few days "..hey Mister! :D"

If anything I figured he'd be out there growing weed in the park and tell you to get lost in a hurry.

I'm like Dennis the Menace to backwoods weirdos :)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The only thing you didn't notice at the stealth camp is the stealth body pit...

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Colonel Cancer posted:

The only thing you didn't notice at the stealth camp is the stealth body pit...

Probably. Like I said, I'm bad at reading people. I just try to be as nice as possible.

I figure killers, murderous hobos and cartel hitmen probably like it when you're nice to them.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Icochet posted:

Kill them?

Well I'd kill them with KINDNESS!!! :):):)

Rad-daddio posted:

Probably. Like I said, I'm bad at reading people. I just try to be as nice as possible.

I figure killers, murderous hobos and cartel hitmen probably like it when you're nice to them.

They especially like muffin baskets and sing-a-grams.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Kill them?

Well I'd kill them with KINDNESS!!! :):):)

They especially like muffin baskets and sing-a-grams.

"I was gonna murder you and leave your body in a ditch, but this greeting card really speaks to me. That was really thoughtful of you!"

*wipes tear from eye and sheaths knife*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Rad-daddio posted:

"I was gonna murder you and leave your body in a ditch, but this greeting card really speaks to me. That was really thoughtful of you!"

*wipes tear from eye and sheaths knife*

See, this is why I failed my Murderonomy and Murderectomy 101 classes. It's why I switched majors.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Shameful. It's not trail running unless you are wearing a full space suit.

I have 3 months in the year where it's warm enough to not wear clothes, gotta make the most of 'em

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
been running for a while but can't seem to maintain an 8 minute mile pace for longer than about half a mile, working on it though.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

*runs past two jogging women, panting, with wild eyes*
You really don't wanna go there!
*Sprints away, looking over the shoulder every few moments, a clear look of panic upon face*

This is how you rattle some lonely joggers.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*runs past two jogging women, panting, with wild eyes"
"HEY BABY WASTE YO TIME WITH ME - IN CALI-FORNIA"
*start backward jogging to keep up*

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Lmao foolish runners. Enjoy those broken joints when you're 40!

*eats an entire pizza for lunch because I'm "bulking"*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Lmao foolish runners. Enjoy those broken joints when you're 40!

*eats an entire pizza for lunch because I'm "bulking"*

Trail running is actually good for your joints :smug:. It's those guys running on the concrete that will, at the end of their lives, look like Cotton Hill

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
As soon as my wife wakes up I am going out for another run today. Thinking of wearing my Richard M. Nixon mask and carrying a large serrated knife.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Goon went for a run? hmmmmmmmm

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've been biking a little bit because I've never been a good runner. I hosed up my joints and back as a kid and running has never been comfortable or fun for me, but I started riding my bike again a bit and that's cool.
I have a lot of room to do it because I live a little bit out in the country kinda but I usually only go a few miles and the thought of being one of those 'bike guys' that's like "OH YA LOL I DROPPED 45 MILES THURSDAY BRO LMAO" or whatever on their 10oz carbon fiber bike in their all lycra suit or what have you freaks me out. Like I just like to go for like 4-5 mile jaunts on it for the hell of it with nowhere to actually go.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

The second time, I was out climbing in the hills above Santa Barbara. There were some preppy kids who looked about college age and they were driving a newer car. They hung out and watched me and a friend do some boudlering(climbing without ropes) and then they left. We found out a few months later that the trio had just dumped a body down the road from us.

Cool. How did you find out that it was them? What are the deets?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

The subway goon comment is seriously hosed up I can't even wrap my head about why someone would say that to anyone.

Also sandwich artists are never alone they have razor sharp knives.

"Working alone, huh? I bet you could scream in here and nobody would even hear it ... Anyways, thanks for the sandwich!"

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Thesaurus posted:

Cool. How did you find out that it was them? What are the deets?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_James_Hollywood

It was this dude and a couple of his friends. There was a girl in there too, but she mostly just stood by their car while we were climbing around on the rocks. As I said before, I'm really bad at reading people. This guy and his crew looked like rich college kids, not drug dealers who'd just kidnapped and murdered a guy. They saw my friend and I climbing and they stopped to talk with us. They were probably trying to feel out if we suspected them of anything, but we were oblivious to it. We talked for about a half hour, and they didn't seem nervous or anything which was even scarier in retrospect.

Awhile afterwards, I saw the guy on local news and freaked out and called my friend. Apparently, the guy was some kind of club promoter down in Brazil while he was on the run so that explains the preppy EDM bro vibe I got from him.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Went for another run today and I was thinking to myself, "fear really is our most primal emotion." Over and over again for miles.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Not wanting to gently caress?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

I've been biking a little bit because I've never been a good runner. I hosed up my joints and back as a kid and running has never been comfortable or fun for me, but I started riding my bike again a bit and that's cool.
I have a lot of room to do it because I live a little bit out in the country kinda but I usually only go a few miles and the thought of being one of those 'bike guys' that's like "OH YA LOL I DROPPED 45 MILES THURSDAY BRO LMAO" or whatever on their 10oz carbon fiber bike in their all lycra suit or what have you freaks me out. Like I just like to go for like 4-5 mile jaunts on it for the hell of it with nowhere to actually go.

It's easy to not be one of those guys, just don't get the outfit. 4-5 miles is a pretty good bike ride if you're pushing yourself hard most of the time, or at least going in sprint-rest intervals.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

fear of not loving is more powerful than wanting to gently caress

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Wait. Who doesn't want to gently caress?

The Walrus posted:

fear of not loving is more powerful than wanting to gently caress

:psypop:

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why are they called ski masks? They're really all-hobbies masks.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Icochet posted:

Why are they called ski masks? They're really all-hobbies masks.

They should really just call them robbery masks now and accept fate. Don't skiers wear other stuff instead of ski masks?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rad-daddio posted:

They should really just call them robbery masks now and accept fate. Don't skiers wear other stuff instead of ski masks?

That's so limited, they are all purpose crime masks.

Robbery crimes, sex crimes, hunting and fishing crimes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Activity facelet