Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Gary's reveal was...
This poll is closed.
Awesome! He sure showed Shane McMahon by losing to him! 20 17.70%
Terrible! He actually put up a fight before Shane beat him! 12 10.62%
Appropriate. Shane really put him over by pinning him. 22 19.47%
THE BIG DOG! 59 52.21%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I just have to ask:

Are Becky and Seth actually dating or am I being worked? Am I seriously being worked up in this joint?

Really, I think I’m being worked and I don’t want to fall for it.

All evidence points to legit. Part of this evidence is how much Becky doesn't like that it's a storyline - shockingly she wants her own stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

If you aren't being worked by it now you will be by summerslam

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lid posted:

Not a work but its also that it will never last in that they clearly lack substantial personality chemistry. More likely they both enjoy each other physically and when the sheen wears off will break up.

Wazzu posted:

All evidence points to legit. Part of this evidence is how much Becky doesn't like that it's a storyline - shockingly she wants her own stories.

Cool. I’ll say no more. Just picture my face as the super bugged out eye emoji or something because the fact that (and I need to look this up but I think they twitt about it 4-5 times per week) WWE Tweeter sends out messages so much each week to say “hey they’re a couple did you know they’re a couple look they touched each other they’re a couple fans!” and their storyline and moniker is not The Architect Seth Rollins or The Jax of WWE Becky Lynch but instead THE BOYFRIEND Seth Rollins and his partner, The Giiiiiiiiiiiiirlfriend, BECKY LYNCH I am just mindblown at this point.

I can’t even do a sentence correctly at all I’m so mindblown by this. I don’t even think Impact at their worst did a long storyline about being defined as a girlfriend/boyfriend that was this awkward and feeling forced.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown used to be my favorite wrestling show :smith:

Remember when it was Smackdown then Talking Smack.

Hills and valleys, right?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Wazzu posted:

becky should have a new finisher named the bechdel test

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Raw Results:...made the rest of the match a singles between Seth and Andrade. ... Crowd really enjoyed this.
well duh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Cool. I’ll say no more. Just picture my face as the super bugged out eye emoji or something because the fact that (and I need to look this up but I think they twitt about it 4-5 times per week) WWE Tweeter sends out messages so much each week to say “hey they’re a couple did you know they’re a couple look they touched each other they’re a couple fans!” and their storyline and moniker is not The Architect Seth Rollins or The Jax of WWE Becky Lynch but instead THE BOYFRIEND Seth Rollins and his partner, The Giiiiiiiiiiiiirlfriend, BECKY LYNCH I am just mindblown at this point.

I can’t even do a sentence correctly at all I’m so mindblown by this. I don’t even think Impact at their worst did a long storyline about being defined as a girlfriend/boyfriend that was this awkward and feeling forced.

Its worse than that. All evidence shows Seth is incapable of clean breakups. Now imagine two of your main eventers end up hating each other and unlike say Shawn v Bret they aren't allowed to fight and will want to be avoiding each other as much as possible. Its a ticking time bomb that they instead put front and centre as an angle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Remember when it was Smackdown then Talking Smack.

Hills and valleys, right?

:rip: Talking Smack and Fat Mac, both too beautiful for this world

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Pick a current WWE female wrestler. Whoever, doesn't matter. Now, she's in NXT as a regular and kind of over. On a lark, records a song and it becomes a huge hit. It's popular everywhere. #1 on the charts. Performs live in concerts and award shows. Gets a spot on RAW to perform the song live. Before the performance, they do a promo where that wrestler gets a title shot after the performance/that closes out the show. Does WWE put the title on that NXT wrestler?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Pick a current WWE female wrestler. Whoever, doesn't matter. Now, she's in NXT as a regular and kind of over. On a lark, records a song and it becomes a huge hit. It's popular everywhere. #1 on the charts. Performs live in concerts and award shows. Gets a spot on RAW to perform the song live. Before the performance, they do a promo where that wrestler gets a title shot after the performance/that closes out the show. Does WWE put the title on that NXT wrestler?

depends on if wwe wrote and produced the song she recorded, if no then absolutely loving not

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

THE BOYFRIEND Seth Rollins

Uh I think you mean

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
Only thing i can think of when i see that shirt
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NOzIVWefgo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Erebus posted:

Uh I think you mean

It's a bad shirt but that lil Seth Rollins logo in the corner really makes it dogshit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erebus posted:

Uh I think you mean

While the shirt itself is real this image itself is a photoshop, right? The text is just sitting flat on top of the shirt ignoring the curve of the material which somehow makes it more hilariously pathetic. If it isn't photoshopped then that is an OCD nightmare from which I will never awake.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that main event honestly sounds like they booked it via madlibs

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!

shiksa posted:

depends on if wwe wrote and produced the song she recorded, if no then absolutely loving not

They make her win by dq after interference from a third wrestler. Steph proceeds to turn it into a tagmatch. Let's say Natalya is her partner for this occasion. NXT star gets the pin on the current titleholder, ensuring no one gets over.

Young Bucks recreate this segment in the cringiest way possible in Being the Elite.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

While the shirt itself is real this image itself is a photoshop, right? The text is just sitting flat on top of the shirt ignoring the curve of the material which somehow makes it more hilariously pathetic. If it isn't photoshopped then that is an OCD nightmare from which I will never awake.

im the ghost of the extremely loving infuriating text placement on the original becky lynch "the man" t-shirt here to haunt your dreams

honest to god it pissed me off every time i saw it it looked like someone did this in 10 minutes in photoshop, extremely high, and forgot to go back and center everything.

ive been there i know what that looks like.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm so glad we now have two storylines about wrestlers not being allowed to pork their wives. (Which include zero-to-minimal wrestling, on this wrestling show.) Meanwhile Super Hunk Heartthrob Baron Corbin and Everyone's Dream Wife Lacey Evans must clarify for the people that they're not banging, either (crazy, as they're both such catches), which is a good thing because sex is bad and will be the downfall of Becky and Seth??

I know the answer is one specific person, but I still don't understand who this show is for any more. He can't find this that engaging.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i respect baron corbin's powerful volcel energy, compounded by his commitment to wrestle in full tgi fridays manager wear, and i dare any posters in this forum to find fault in this

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

shiksa posted:

im the ghost of the extremely loving infuriating text placement on the original becky lynch "the man" t-shirt here to haunt your dreams

honest to god it pissed me off every time i saw it it looked like someone did this in 10 minutes in photoshop, extremely high, and forgot to go back and center everything.

ive been there i know what that looks like.

It looks like they centered it as though Becky's little logo thing was part of the text, which makes it even funnier

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
If wcw won the war instead of wwe would modern wcw be a worse product than wwe is right now

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
If WCW had won it would now just be where TNA is, which I can't honestly say is categorically worse than WWE any more. And AEW likely would have started sooner, so overall I'd take the trade.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

If wcw won the war instead of wwe would modern wcw be a worse product than wwe is right now

WCW would have burned out somewhere in the early 2000s before getting anywhere near here.

Well, more than it already had done.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

pressedbunny posted:

If WCW had won it would now just be where TNA is, which I can't honestly say is categorically worse than WWE any more. And AEW likely would have started sooner, so overall I'd take the trade.

WCW won really is early TNA, and even the first few years of it. It screamed the sort of neon yellow that felt like WCW in that period, with The X-Division feeling straight out of that era. Its why TNA was also terrible, because it felt like WCW continued but in the worst possible way. TNA now is nowhere near as bad as it was, but no one cares about it. If You wanted prime WCW era continuation as a winner I have no idea what it would've been. For a long time noone was doing southern style, and the 2000s indies had its own style that is what WWE has adopted but combined with WWE style and toned down significantly.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You know what that show needed was a third Nikki Cross vs Bayley promo segment

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Recap sounds like the worst show in history, holy loving poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jru while I appreciate your appreciation of Maria and Mike grifting Vince out of 2 5 million dollars, I think we should also appreciate that Drake Maverick has used the 24/7 title to get his wife multiple wwe extras checks and possibly also pay for their wedding

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
THE KINGSLAYER THE PIPE LAYER Seth!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Did WCW have matches that went through commercial breaks?

(Hogan/Giant and The New Adventures of Robin Hood aside)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

CobiWann posted:

Did WCW have matches that went through commercial breaks?

(Hogan/Giant and The New Adventures of Robin Hood aside)

I honestly dont remember my memory is for commercial breaks to be for Nitro Girls and Jericho promos.

Edit: and Raven with the Flock to take their front row seats

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I honestly can’t figure out why people are still watching this poo poo every week when each show is worse than the last. Find healthier hobbies!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Raw is now getting less gdt posts, and god forsake smackdown, than the G1 Climax. Maybe its the time where they need dedicated threads.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Jru while I appreciate your appreciation of Maria and Mike grifting Vince out of 2 5 million dollars, I think we should also appreciate that Drake Maverick has used the 24/7 title to get his wife multiple wwe extras checks and possibly also pay for their wedding

I applaud everybody who is successfully grifting Vince, God Bless Drake Maverick and Renee Michelle :hai:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

That main event was insane. Completely insane.

So you introduce a masked character and then he starts doing some crazy flashy stuff, obviously showing that he's really another wrestler under there. That's a simple story but it works, and it would have gotten a huge pop if Cedric just took the mask off and pinned McIntyre (since God Forbid Shane lose). You could position Cedric as an anti-authority guy or Roman's new buddy or whatever. Something.

So instead you have Cedric lose clean after taking ONE big move and without taking the mask off until the match is over. And everybody just kinda looks confused and Cedric is all smiley and happy because he's out there having fun.

How the hell have the WWE forgotten how to do the most basic things?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Wwe watched Dean Malenko as Ciclope and decided to have Jericho go over clean.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4fO_t7YJY

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

How the hell have the WWE forgotten how to do the most basic things?

As Vince’s brain deteoriates and his memories of everything else fade away, the only thing left is a compulsory need to swerve the audience at all costs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Dean Malenko as Ciclope

Wait a minute.....

:aaa:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
renee michelle is a atractive red head with huge boobs. countdown to the cucking angle or the firing of pee pee man and a contract for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

Wait a minute.....

:aaa:

I tried to find the unmasking alone, or even the Jericho announcing the battle royale partcipants and instead I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak-6ToRsHTU