Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Definitely not a poo poo post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

Ok meatpimp pick the new tag for our intrepid young OP.

While I'd like to say , I'll take the more respectful route and say

I was giggling quietly to myself and my wife asked what I was laughing at. I described the conundrum I was facing and she started screaming at me that I'm like a 12 year old. So... yeah.

Edit: :giggle:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 11, 2019

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I hate you guys. You make me look at doing bad things.

GX/Prado near me: https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/columbus-lexus-gx470/6920612827.html

Old cheap beat LX near me: https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/westerville-2000-lexus-lx470/6923647228.html

Solid axle, probably a project: https://dayton.craigslist.org/wto/d/conover-97-lexus-lx450-solid-axle/6906227267.html

:mad:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Guys? (Edit: Nevermind, the closer I look, the more rough it is... failed clearcoat, rust-through on the fender, writing on the windshield, probably a quick auction buy-and-dump. I am looking, but I don't need a basket case)

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/columbus-2004-lexus-lx470-4wd/6935934956.html

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 18, 2019

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ferremit posted:

so just HOW much trimming was needed for the 285's to fit? Mates got a KDJ120 prado here in australia with the 3.0L D4D Diesel in it and hes put a lift on it and was thinking bout bigger tyres, but the consensus is that you cant fit anything bigger than the stock 265/65R17's on them.

Keep in mind that any mention of wheel spacers in Australia firmly directs you into "Unroadworthy and uninsured" territory...

If it's like my old Cherokee, the bigger tires fit and will work on mostly flat road / low speeds, but once you start hitting high speed bumps or need suspension articulation, it'll rub/bind. Depending on the rear axle arc, that may be okay, but the fronts look way too pinched to be viable for anything other than mall crawls.

Aesthetically, though, they look great on the vehicle.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Edit: NM, looked closer.

Really nice for the price.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 15, 2020

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Looks nice. I don't think the original wheels are hideous, but man, the new ones look SO much better.

Is that mismatched front window tint I see? For shame. And hopefully there's some regular chrome Lexus badges on order. :D

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

That was a serious effortpost and you totally took me on the ride with you. I hope you find the LX you're looking for, it sounds like destiny.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

LobsterboyX posted:

and of course the natural habitat shot:

the brief: 81k original miles, maticulus documentation, garage kept, no kids/pets/smoke - originally owned by woman dentist.

it.is.perfect.

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

LobsterboyX posted:

new shoes on the whip:

I like the tread design. The spillover of the knobs onto the sidewall makes them look more aggressive than they really are. Reminds me a lot of the Toyo Open Country A/T IIs I have on the Escalade. Still get a bit of hum, but decent mileage and on-road grip.