Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not sure how Biz Markie ended up in the playlist, but cool.

Wait, Shane Greene is an all star?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
LET'S GO TIGERS

LET'S GO GREENE AND MCCANN

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy crap, Shane Greene's got nuts numbers. How'd that happen?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

...! posted:

Are we actually going to see both Cole and Pressly in this?

Possibly Pressly, but I’m pretty sure they said Cole won’t pitch since he threw on Sunday

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Ah

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Freeman mic'd up v Verlander and Soroka pitching a solid inning were all i really cared to see tbh, everybody enjoy the rest. Hope there's more dingers or something

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

I meant Saturday actually but same reasoning

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I meant Saturday actually but same reasoning

See, this kind of thing is why I've always found it kinda weird that baseball and hockey have their all-star games in the middle of the season. Makes far more sense to have it after the season's over, like football.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

STAC Goat posted:

Holy crap, Shane Greene's got nuts numbers. How'd that happen?

He's really good, but playing for a team that shed as much salary as humanly possible because it's getting sold sometime soon.

The Tigers have five All-Stars tonight, only one is actually a Tiger. The rest all left because the team didn't want to pay them.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Football’s funny since it’s only after the regular season ends but before the super bowl

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
the pro bowl also sucks

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

...! posted:

See, this kind of thing is why I've always found it kinda weird that baseball and hockey have their all-star games in the middle of the season. Makes far more sense to have it after the season's over, like football.

But no one cares at that point and none of the players want to play because they're all exhausted and hurt from a full season. No part of MLB wants the "Midsummer Classic" to become the Pro Bowl Game.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Good for James McCann!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
All McCanns are good apparently

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
mlb all star game being after the world series would be awful because by then every other sport is in full effect

during the summer theres baseball and just baseball and its great

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just tuning in, did any cubs do anything or did they all just strike out with guys in scoring position

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Whoa Fox has developed 4D technology.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

But no one cares at that point and none of the players want to play because they're all exhausted and hurt from a full season. No part of MLB wants the "Midsummer Classic" to become the Pro Bowl Game.

And that's another thing! It's been summer for exactly two weeks! This isn't midsummer! :colbert:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

...! posted:

mid season ASG is clearly better. What makes baseball's ASG great is that guys can still play full strength without really worrying about getting hurt. Football is a joke because to play it properly is to risk serious injury, so they just kinda go through the motions.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

just tuning in, did any cubs do anything or did they all just strike out with guys in scoring position

No NL position player has done anything other than Blackmon

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

R.D. Mangles posted:

No RISP, but pretty much.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

R.D. Mangles posted:

In 5 ABs Cubbies have struck out 3 times and left 2 men on

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Miz Kriss posted:

No RISP, but pretty much.

Javy popped out swinging at a high fastball with 2 outs and a runner on 2nd

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whoops, bad pitching change.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
1st pitch dinger lmao

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Bahaha

...!
Oct 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

mid season ASG is clearly better. What makes baseball's ASG great is that guys can still play full strength without really worrying about getting hurt. Football is a joke because to play it properly is to risk serious injury, so they just kinda go through the motions.

Well, that's the hockey all-star game too. It's mid-season and the score always runs up to ridiculous levels like 15 - 13 because no one wants to get hurt. So it seems like guys playing full strength really depends on whether the sport is full contact or not, not when in the season it's played.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
gallobomb

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

In 5 ABs Cubbies have struck out 3 times and left 2 men on

2019 cubs.txt

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

ThePeavstenator posted:

Javy popped out swinging at a high fastball with 2 outs and a runner on 2nd

I stand corrected. A girl can dream :v:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Why am I still watching this?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Johnny Bravo posted:

mlb all star game being after the world series would be awful because by then every other sport is in full effect

during the summer theres baseball and just baseball and its great

A bunch of All Star reservists playing softball in Miami on a Saturday in November so they can avoid the NFL.

That's just depressing to think about.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am really enjoying the fact that i can't just enjoy the big baseball lads and not have to worry about THIS TIME IT COUNTING, i can't believe they ever tried to make the all-star game count for anything

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I've never warmed up to Gallo, don't know why, I'm sure he's a nice fellow.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

To watch Pressley wipe the floors with everyone?

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

Big Mean Jerk posted:

1st pitch dinger lmao

Giants have entered the ASG

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

I. M. Gei posted:

Why am I still watching this?

Maybe they'll mic up DeJong and ask him about the juiced ball. And then he can put on his lab coat again.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

the popes toes posted:

I've never warmed up to Gallo, don't know why, I'm sure he's a nice fellow.

He plays for an evil team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/rumbunter/status/1148780373599490048?s=21