Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8h7ZQiJsl8
"GET HIM A JOB!"

I worked with a guy who would go to the same AA meetings as Rip, said he seemed like a nice guy and everyone was bummed when he stopped showing (only did the court-ordered amount).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

He was enjoyable in Defending Your Life

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Anybody who tries to kill Norman Mailer can't be all bad

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gee everyone seems really upset about rip torn, but do you hear anyone lamenting the death of that poor chicken that died for your triple baconator at lunch today you fat gently caress? veganism forever a-holes :decorum:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

sandwiches_and_ham posted:

gee everyone seems really upset about rip torn, but do you hear anyone lamenting the death of that poor chicken that died for your triple baconator at lunch today you fat gently caress? veganism forever a-holes :decorum:

That chicken WAS pretty fuckin funny. RIP that chicken.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:rip: past tense doom guy

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I don't think I'll ever forget the story of his arrest back in 2009.

Rip Torn got super drunk, broke into a bank with a loaded handgun in the middle of the night thinking it was his home, curled up and went to sleep. When police arrived responding to the alarm, Rip asked them what they're all doing in his home.

Then they turned his character on 30 Rock into a bird.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Gay Weed Dad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8h7ZQiJsl8
"GET HIM A JOB!"

I worked with a guy who would go to the same AA meetings as Rip, said he seemed like a nice guy and everyone was bummed when he stopped showing (only did the court-ordered amount).

Goddamn i forgot how funny that dumbass movie was

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
He was in a hell of a lot of stuff, but not really anything for the ages. I liked seeing him in things though, so rip, Rip.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Torquemada posted:

He was in a hell of a lot of stuff, but not really anything for the ages. I liked seeing him in things though, so rip, Rip.

What a nice thing to say, you shouldn't have

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

If you've ever wanted to see Rip Torn's penis I recommend The Man Who Fell to Earth (also David Bowie's penis)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ross Perot and rip torn were the same person.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

bitterandtwisted posted:

If you've ever wanted to see Rip Torn's penis I recommend The Man Who Fell to Earth (also David Bowie's penis)

I'd also recommend the Lakeville, Connecticut funeral home for the same purpose.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
That's not buried treasure, that's soap on a rope!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I will never not love the story behind his fight with Norman Mailer. If you haven't read it, the Wikipedia entry for the movie "Maidstone" is a must-read.

Screaming Hand posted:

It's so sad to lose Rip. Like a bunch of us I got to know him from his movie roles in MiB and Freddy got Fingered. In my humblest of opinions his best work was on The Larry Sanders Show. To me Artie is the best sitcom character of all time (with Hank as a close second).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78IRyUrA2Ug

The show is from the 90s still holds up extremely well. It's streaming on HBO if you want to get your Rip on.

I finally watched all of The Larry Sanders Show last year, and it's still hilarious. You're absolutely right, Artie's my favourite character, even though I thought he could've done better than his predilection for Glenlivet.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Stay safe Rip Taylor.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

mojo1701a posted:

I will never not love the story behind his fight with Norman Mailer. If you haven't read it, the Wikipedia entry for the movie "Maidstone" is a must-read.

I finally watched all of The Larry Sanders Show last year, and it's still hilarious. You're absolutely right, Artie's my favourite character, even though I thought he could've done better than his predilection for Glenlivet.

quote:

Rip won his case on the claim that "he could not have possibly killed Hopper as he was, at the time, on the set of Maidstone trying to kill Norman Mailer."

lmao

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

lmao

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Rip Torn was one hell of an actor and a loving lunatic.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
The stories go that this guy would get into bar fights and show up on sets bruised and hung over and pissed off, like as an old man, not in his younger days

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

RobattoJesus posted:

God dammit, Freddie got Fingered was the film that shaped me into the adult I am today.

I hope Tom Green ruins the funeral.

*queue Rip's body popping out of the casket on cables and doing a little dance while Tom Green plays a wobbly tune on the organ and sobbing "Daddy would you like some sausage?""*

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Supreme Allah posted:

The stories go that this guy would get into bar fights and show up on sets bruised and hung over and pissed off, like as an old man, not in his younger days

He did this when he was almost 80 lmao:

Actor Rip Torn admits bank break-in

"Prosecutors had said Torn was so intoxicated that he believed he was at home and had left his hat and boots by the door."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He looked pretty drat good for being nearly 90

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

i cant find a video because its from netflix but i strongly urge you all to watch the episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Alec Baldwin, he tells the most amazing Rip Torn story

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stay safe Fred Asspipe. Proud. :smug:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Wasn’t Rip Torn the bad guy in RoboCop 3? I have a distinct memory of him getting his leg burnt by robocops jet pack at the very end.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

1redflag posted:

Wasn’t Rip Torn the bad guy in RoboCop 3? I have a distinct memory of him getting his leg burnt by robocops jet pack at the very end.

He was the CEO, it was a different character that got burned by the jet pack (great, now I'm on record admitting to remembering Robocop 3)

Here's a clip of the ending with Rip:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GUGZuwfhm8w

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
You can eat that GODDAMN roast beef or you can go to BED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Mr. Bones posted:

You can eat that GODDAMN roast beef or you can go to BED

If this were Pakistan you would’ve been sewing soccer balls when you were 8 years old