Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

helloooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

it's hard coming up with a top 10 list for both loved and hated.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I suppose I'm gonna need some lobbying for more hated people (other than the obvious 3)

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

The good news is that I have my favorites picked out. The bad news is that I still need 3 players to hate :v:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

If you need any convincing about Jason Heyward, I really like this video, and it shows how smart he is about pitches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlkrzMc0wYk (also "The Breakdown" is easily one of the best parts of the Cubs youtube channel)

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

80% of my hate list were abusers and chuds, so I added a couple of people that recently did some stupid poo poo and called it a day.

my #10 for the like list and my reason for putting him on the like list is very silly and superficial

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I was just about to post that tweet. LOL what a loving manchild.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I pretty much put 2 guys who did stupid poo poo this year on the bottom of my hate list. I hope TubaMike liked my comments for every single player I put on both lists.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Judge has always just existed as far as I’m concerned. Hasn’t done anything to qualify for a poo poo list, even if he’s on the Yankees

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I'm surrounded by rear end in a top hat Cardinal fans. :shepicide:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I hate the Yankees but Judge seems like a very likable dude and I can’t bring myself to hate him or Didi.

Exactly. He's just a big ol baseball gremlin, which isn't anything to be hated for.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Alright, who the hell voted Bauer in?

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I voted for him on my most hated list :twisted:

I’m starting to think you don’t have a favorites list

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Pancakes posted:

Dex playing well again makes me happy.

It makes me happy too, even if he is on the Cardinals. (He was 4 or 5 on my favorites list)

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

You know, if there's one thing that organizing these favorite/unfavorite lists has taught me, it's that it's thousands of times easier to write about players when you've been following them at least a little. Trying to think of nice things to say about a player that I've literally never even seen play before is quite a task.

Maybe add in comments from the people that voted for them?

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

Kris Bryant

What's to love? Last year, he was handsome, good, and a Cub. This year, he is...handsome (the mullet knocks a point or two off though), good, and a Cub. :shrug:

No one has added any particular reasons this year or last, so I'm just going to assume that's enough for everyone who voted for him.

Pretty much

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I didn't put KB on my favs list because I put a hard cap on the number of fav Cubs players this year. :colbert:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I put Freddie as #10 on my list and my only comment was "I just think he's pretty"

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Your lobbying for Giolito worked, Pancakes (I voted for him).

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Your unfriendly neighborhood homophobe

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I still like that Votto had his players weekend nickname be “Who” just so the people will say “Who’s on 1st.” :haw:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I love Anthony Rizzo

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

The main reason why I don’t want the Brewers to win the World Series is because fuckface Braun would get a ring.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I made comments for my top 10 lists :v:

Favorites
1. Anthony Rizzo (Chicago Cubs) - the heart and soul of the Cubs, and all around great guy. Received the Roberto Clemente award a couple years ago for the Rizzo Foundation, which benefits children and teens with cancer, and visits the local children's hospital on off days or before home games.
2. Javier Baez (Chicago Cubs) - exciting to watch and seems like a down to earth guy when not launching balls to the moon. very, VERY gifable
3. Sean Doolitle (Washington Nationals) - The opposite of a CHUD and therefore a good guy.
4. Jason Heyward (Chicago Cubs) - If Rizzo is the heart and soul of the team, then JHey is the mind and spirit. Gave the single most important rain delay speech in baseball history, and easily fits the mentor role on the team. Also, he's hitting his stride this year, so that helps.
5. Dexter Fowler (St Louis Cardinals) - All around great guy, stylish, not a CHUD, only ranked 5th because he's on the drat Cardinals :P
6. Adam Wrainwright (St Louis Cardinals) - opposite of a CHUD, drops hammers about the truth of players not getting paid poo poo, unfortunately on the Cardinals
7. Lucas Giolito (Chicago White Sox) - Pancake's lobbying post worked.
8. Vlad Jr. (Toronto Blue Jays) - Holy beans that HR Derby. And it's his rookie year. WOW.
9. Tommy LaStella (Anaheim Angels) - Wow what a year he's had! Shame he's not on the Cubs anymore, but I'm glad he's reaching his potential.
10. Freddy Freeman (Atlanta Braves) - I just think he's pretty.

The Hated </3
1. Addison Russell (Chicago Cubs) - ABUSER and supposedly pays his child support in quarters just to be a loving a-hole
2. Adrois Chapman (NY Yankees) - ABUSER
3. Ryan Braun (Milwalkee Brewers) - pissed hot for PEDS and got someone fired by playing the victim and crying.
4. Trevor Bauer (Cleveland Indians) - a goddamn CHUD and a manchild
5. Roborto Osuna (Houston Astros) - ABUSER
6. Odubel Herrera (Phillidelpha Phillies) - ABUSER
7. Daniel Murphy (Colorado Rockies) - your unfriendly neighborhood homophobe
8. Trea Turner (Washington Nationals) - racist tweets and doesn't seem to be sorry about them
9. Josh Hader (Milwaukee Brewers) - CHUD
10. Noe Ramirez (Anaheim Angels) - don't intentionally pitch at a player's head. I don't care if said player made a dirty play beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

That’s the only downside to having the vote be at the all star break. Players get season ending injuries or become huge jerks.