Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm not sure whether I'm more shocked about Bauer being on the favorites list at all or Altuve being so low on the list.

I'm almost positive he was in my top 5. I don't actually remember my ballot at all, so all of this is news to me. I do know I had Berrios pretty high, maybe like 2 or 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

YeahTubaMike posted:

.........................................................................................nope.

Okay well I KNOW I voted for him. :colbert:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Finally dug up my list and to my astonishment I didn't include Bauer on my most hated but I absolutely had MadBum and my reasoning was

quote:

UNWRITTEN RULES
so there's that.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I followed the Final Fantasy VII LP for five years or whatever it was. I believe you can make it.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

That Belt "bunt" is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen, and of course it's against Kershaw.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Poque posted:

It's rad that Semien became a defensive god, I remember that he was such a liability his first couple seasons and it felt like he might not pan out as a result.

One of my favorite things about following a player is when/if they finally click on whatever it is that used to be their big downfall. Watching, for example, Miguel Sano actually take a ball is a thing of beauty that I never thought I'd witness. He's recognizing better pitches to swing at, getting deeper into counts, and making better contact. What used to be nerve-wracking is now exciting.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Yasiel Puig got an autograph from Mo'ne Davis when she threw out the first pitch at a game and that is enough to be anyone's favorite player.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

OMG those Acuña socks. :swoon:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Rizzo is by far my favorite player on the Cubs not named Baez.

I love how he stands basically on top of the plate and dares dudes to hit him. He's an adorable dork who genuinely loves playing baseball, love this city, and will gladly do any ridiculous local ad you can imagine because gently caress, being a baseball player rules and hawking beef sandwiches is part of being a baseball player.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Trout was my number one because he's a loving legend and in 50 years we'll still be talking about how much he was hosed by being on the Angels.

I mean, if society, Cooperstown, and/or the Earth still exist at that point.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

alpha_destroy posted:

Good lord, SAS really is just a Cubs fan forum isn't it?

I don't particularly like the Cubs, but they have some extremely pretty men and that colored my choices probably more than it should have.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Seriously. He's the dreamiest AND he's good at baseball.

Except the breaking ball low and away, which he can't help himself from swinging at EVERY TIME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I thought for sure I'd be the only Blackmon vote, and I didn't even really care by that point, as I'd run out of lovely people's names I could remember and just wanted the dude to see a barber.