Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I feel like this is the ultimate power move. I feel like when you walk down an alley and you see a guy leaning up against a building with a big ol' stogy you're like, "gently caress man, look out for the guy with the stog. He may be dangerous. Why else would he hang out in the back alley with a stogey hanging out of his mouth." I don't know, man. It seems like a good way to avoid having to talk to people as they would most likely avoid you as much as possible. Also, I guess, you would probably get a stogy.

Imagine this guy fuckin' eyein' you when you walk into the alley, all wearing a white tank top with mustard stains and stuff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Literally A Person posted:

I feel like this is the ultimate power move. I feel like when you walk down an alley and you see a guy leaning up against a building with a big ol' stogy you're like, "gently caress man, look out for the guy with the stog. He may be dangerous. Why else would he hang out in the back alley with a stogey hanging out of his mouth." I don't know, man. It seems like a good way to avoid having to talk to people as they would most likely avoid you as much as possible. Also, I guess, you would probably get a stogy.

Imagine this guy fuckin' eyein' you when you walk into the alley, all wearing a white tank top with mustard stains and stuff:

I thought it was "stogie". Anyway, cigars stink, make your breath stink and your clothing and hair as well.
Cigar bars in the 00's were dumb and I hate ever having been a part of that scene.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Giant_Pupils posted:

I thought it was "stogie". Anyway, cigars stink, make your breath stink and your clothing and hair as well.
Cigar bars in the 00's were dumb and I hate ever having been a part of that scene.

I think these phenomena are linked with the power move factor.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I always approach and quietly ask, “You all alone back here?”

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why you always Haitian op? :thunk:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Why you always Haitian op? :thunk:

:rimshot:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I always approach and quietly ask, “You all alone back here?”

PLEASE WE ARE ALL ALONE
                                                                   /

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Cigars seem to make a comeback every 10 years or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krtyBaDLuVw

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i'm a cigar enthusiast, ama

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSjRt2AjmdA

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

loving :lol::lol::lol:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Getting some real FMV video gsme vibes off this clip

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

JK Fresco posted:

Getting some real FMV video gsme vibes off this clip

pixel hunting for your money clip to purchase a tv off the back of a truck, while realizing that you forgot to lock your basement humidor

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Yep, nothing more intimidating than walking through a dimly lit alley and seeing a dude puffing on a big brown log. Definitely doesn’t make me think you blow dudes for quarters or anything.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
What'sa matter, pal? Ain'tcha never seen a guy smoke a cigar before? It's a free country, ain't it?

Ahhhhhh get outta here, ya mutt!

*yells up to third story window* Hey Angie! Yous better have my dinner on the table when I get up there, or you KNOW what's comin'!

These broads, huh? I tell ya! Anyways...

*I put out my cigar and store it in my coat pocket* See ya in the funny papers, mac!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Why aren't we talking about this more?

This topic deserves thorough examination. Maybe some pictures of dudes with stogies? I don't know.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I take a backpack around wherever cause I ride a motorcycle and also always take my laptop. In my bag, you'll find a couple nice a fuente cigars, and some cohiba pequenos. Sooner or later I'll be at the optimum inebriation and timing to enjoy one, come home and shower, brush, mouthwash, and hop into bed without getting yelled at. It's not that I'm not allowed to smoke them, it's just always a -fuckin thing- and that sort of kills the allure. But I'll keep them in there just in case!

Cigars are dumb as heck

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Guy’s smoking in the alley because his wife won’t let him smoke indoors or even on the patio. He’s a schmo.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
The stogy is but a single ingredient in this picture. The stogy is just the icing on the cake of an already intimidating person.

Like if this were some gangly nerd draped in an oversized Hawaiian shirt that's tucked into belted jorts I wouldn't exactly be shook passing by.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Communist Toast posted:

The stogy is but a single ingredient in this picture. The stogy is just the icing on the cake of an already intimidating person.

Like if this were some gangly nerd draped in an oversized Hawaiian shirt that's tucked into belted jorts I wouldn't exactly be shook passing by.

I don't know man, if those jorts are jnco's I'd watch out.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just huge JNCO jorts and a ROBUSTO!!!!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
LOL at smoking a robusto to look badass. You gotta go with a Magnum my man, looking for a least a 60 ring and at least 7.5" long if you want to look tough where I come from.

Pawg From Produce
Feb 11, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Recalibrating my estimate of how many of this style five year olds I could destroy

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Michael Corleone posted:

LOL at smoking a robusto to look badass. You gotta go with a Magnum my man, looking for a least a 60 ring and at least 7.5" long if you want to look tough where I come from.

People have to limbo through the alley because my stog is just taking up too much space.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I used to think cigars were BAD but now that I've heard what Arnold has to say about them I think they are GOOD.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chomp8645 posted:

I used to think cigars were BAD but now that I've heard what Arnold has to say about them I think they are GOOD.

Firmly Pro-Stog

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
smoking cigars is the most Extremely Divorced thing I can imagine

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ELI PORTER posted:

smoking cigars is the most Extremely Divorced thing I can imagine

Sir, you forgot about buying a camaro.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nice euphemism. Guys who hang round in dark alleys smoke dick.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Giant_Pupils posted:

Have you considered just doing things occasionally and with moderation instead of leaping in head first and immersing yourself until you are sick of the whole enterprise?

cigar bar scene lol

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
drugs are cool and make you cool imho

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tobacco isn't a real drug :smaug:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

if i saw someone smoking a stogie(stogy?) in an alley i’d assume it’s a blunt and let them chill, op

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

Have you considered just doing things occasionally and with moderation instead of leaping in head first and immersing yourself until you are sick of the whole enterprise?

cigar bar scene lol

He wore a zoot suit and spoke exclusively in quotes from Swingers.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKaRLFXB_Nk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEPFW5X7yrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7g7C7lWcIA

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jul 20, 2019

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Are you saying that Winston Churchill is in your alley?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Was all out of cigars last night so I posted up in my alley with a vape to look cool. Everyone made fun of me and some teenagers gave me a wedgie, what did I do wrong?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Michael Corleone posted:

Was all out of cigars last night so I posted up in my alley with a vape to look cool. Everyone made fun of me and some teenagers gave me a wedgie, what did I do wrong?

You need to carry a gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Chomp8645 posted:

Same only instead of bad, good. And instead of Arnold, cigars.