Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Welcome to the 9th season of the wildly popular Goon Money League!

Last year's Champ: Silly Burrito

Previous Champs: 2017 coronaball 2016 Silly Burrito 2015 Gyshall 2014 Gyshall 2013 Silly Burrito 2012 ffoecaf 2011 SKEET SKEET

The buyin will be $25 this year. Google Wallet or paypal is eric.ruth@gmail.com

Payout: 60% 1st, 20% 2nd, 10% 3rd, 10% most regular season points

Settings: Standard Yahoo with 0.5 PPR and a small boost for return yards and 1 IR spot

I have renewed all the teams from last year except for ifuckedjesus (West Knile Virus) who abandoned his team in October. That means we need one new player! First come, first served. Let me know if you did not receive the email. Also let me know if you are not interested, so I can replace you!

I have set the auction draft to Wednesday, August 28th at 6:00 PM PDT . This is obviously subject to change, this far out.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

deadline for returning players to claim their spot: August 10th

payment deadline: August 20th

coronaball fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

SA name Team Name Paid?

coronaball Rum Ham 9.0 Yes
LesBeardly Aarodgenous Zone Yes
Yuzenn FREE ASAP Yes
heyniceperro zug zug Yes
Drunk Nerds SweetGeorAj Brown Yes
jabro jabro Yes
Silly Burrito SingingJackasses Yes
Ninja Bob ??? Yes
jota ??? Yes
Dango Bango. Yes
Dubious Yes
dalstrs yes

coronaball fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 22, 2019

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Back in.

Edit: Paid.

jabro fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 11, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Back to win this for a record fourth time. :smug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Also from last year’s thread, are we doing either of these?

1. FAAB waivers

2. Don’t lock waivers for third/fourth place in the championship.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Shhhh... <puts finger to coronaballs lips>

You had me at auction

Paid and in

heyniceperro
Mar 22, 2007

You're the one for me, fatty.
Back as zug zug.

edit: paid via paypal.

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
I'm back as AarRodgenous Zone, will pay tonight.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Also from last year’s thread, are we doing either of these?

1. FAAB waivers

2. Don’t lock waivers for third/fourth place in the championship.

There seemed to be good support for both so the answer is probably yes, unless I hear a good reason not to.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My team name is Sweet GeorAJ Brown, so when I set the all-time high for season points again, you'll know it's me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Just paid.

Also wouldn't mind moving the draft if possible as I will probably be in San Fran for VMWorld, but it's not an absolute necessity. I'm also drafting the nights of the 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th already, so if it stays the 26th, at least I'll have some practice.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 12, 2019

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Back as team FREE ASAP

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I wasn't in last year, but I'd like to take the open slot if possible.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Just paid.

Also wouldn't mind moving the draft if possible as I will probably be in San Fran for VMWorld, but it's not an absolute necessity. I'm also drafting the nights of the 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th already, so if it stays the 26th, at least I'll have some practice.

I'm 50/50 to move the draft anyway because I don't know my kids soccer practice schedule yet. I won't know for another week or so. I may as well have left the draft date blank, in fact.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ninja Bob posted:

I wasn't in last year, but I'd like to take the open slot if possible.

You got it

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Back in and sent payment

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Silly Burrito posted:

Just paid.

Oh yeah regarding draft date I'm out of the country starting the 21st and coming back on the 25th so I'd prefer to not do draft then but any time after that is pretty much good for me at the moment

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Jota posted:

Oh yeah regarding draft date I'm out of the country starting the 21st and coming back on the 25th so I'd prefer to not do draft then but any time after that is pretty much good for me at the moment

Maybe Sunday September 1st at night? I know it’s before Labor Day so I don’t know if that would interfere with other people’s plans but most people may have the day off on the following Monday. Just a thought.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

Maybe Sunday September 1st at night? I know it’s before Labor Day so I don’t know if that would interfere with other people’s plans but most people may have the day off on the following Monday. Just a thought.

Having a draft Labor Day weekend will put out more people than on another day who will only inconvenience one or two.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

jabro posted:

Having a draft Labor Day weekend will put out more people than on another day who will only inconvenience one or two.

I figure that may be the case, but I wanted to throw it out there.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

I figure that may be the case, but I wanted to throw it out there.

Never hurts to ask!

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

coronaball posted:

You got it

Awesome, I'll paypal you today.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ninja Bob posted:

Awesome, I'll paypal you today.

I'll send your invite soon, apparently I can only do it from a PC and yahoo is blocked at my work.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Finally sent Ninja Bob's invite.

Looks like we have 9 confirmed players right now and 3 unknowns. But they have (some) time yet.

And thank you all for the prompt payments!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I assume the three unknowns are open slots? If so, I'd be interested in joining.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

I assume the three unknowns are open slots? If so, I'd be interested in joining.

They have 10 days to reclaim their spots or we go to the waitlist. And you will be #1 on the waitlist!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Back in. I really wish you'd post the new thread in last year's thread so I knew when it was posted.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

Back in. I really wish you'd post the new thread in last year's thread so I knew when it was posted.

Good idea. This is the only recurring thread I've authored, so I didn't think of it. But I will now, it will save me from hunting down people via PM.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
If you need one more for the waitlist I am willing to take your money.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

:siren: How about Wednesday, August 28th or Wednesday, September 4th for a draft date? 6 PM Pacific time

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

dalstrs posted:

If you need one more for the waitlist I am willing to take your money.

Added to waitlist

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

coronaball posted:

:siren: How about Wednesday, August 28th or Wednesday, September 4th for a draft date? 6 PM Pacific time

Sounds good for either.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

Either works for me

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

September 4th please

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
I'm good with either, but how do post draft waivers work if we draft on the 4th? What I'm asking is whether i need to draft a team defense and kicker or if there's a no waiver time to pick them up.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

LesBeardly posted:

I'm good with either, but how do post draft waivers work if we draft on the 4th? What I'm asking is whether i need to draft a team defense and kicker or if there's a no waiver time to pick them up.

The Bears and Packers players would be locked until Week 2, but everyone else would be available by Saturday I believe. I can double check this on a PC later.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Quote is not edit

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Prefer August 28th. We might be on vacation in Spain during the first week of September.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

coronaball posted:

Down for either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

CompeAnansi posted:

After further consideration, even though this is my favorite league and I will be bummed about having to go on the waiting list if I rejoin later, I shouldn't take on the responsibility of a money league right now. I'm having a kid in November, so I doubt my wife will be happy with me if I'm like "yo, hold the baby, I need to set my waiver wire claims".