Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I really liked this movie a lot. It seemed kind of personal for Tarantino. It wanted to embrace and respect the fantasy and fairy tale of Hollywood and movie making, but there’s nothing but disgusting poo poo lurking in the background. You have Pitt playing someone who pretty much never suffers any consequences no matter what he’s done. Leo is this kind of pathetic weirdo who only gets by because he pretends the hardest. Leo can legit burn a person to a crisp and they just ask him a couple questions hell you don’t even know of the poo poo that happened even happened because you literally see hard edits during scenes to drive home that this is pretty much being edited by the person telling you this truly unbelievable story.

Something i appreciated was that the whole movie the only violence we saw was super silly tv violence so when the real violence hits it really drives home how brutal it all was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Unmature posted:

I wonder if most of the people who are bothered by the pacing have ever seen a movie made before 1980

Especially considering it was one of the best paced movies I’ve seen in a long loving time. Do you know how much I loved watching shots last more than just a few seconds and the movie allowing me to be transported to an entirely different era just through allowing the scene to breathe. It felt so good to just cruise around LA and listen to music. Literally no marvel movie has ever earned their 3 hour run times. I could have watched this movie for another hour easily.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My favorite little moment is when Bradd Pitt is remembering his fight with Bruce Lee and when we come back he just gives like an agreeable shrug. Almost saying yeah they were in the right for firing me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The whole framing device for that scene was interesting, the way they shot him getting all shirtless on the roof and then cutting to Tate playing music made me think they were going to set up some kind of interaction between them - it's like the textbook flirting neighbor set-up - and then it goes in a completely different direction. Also man it must be nice to have access to Hollywood roids, Pitt has the physique of somebody 20 years younger than he actually is.

Oh man when he took his shirt off I heard several women around me get very interested in the movie.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wait, is it implied that Cliff killed is wife or is it never really hinted at either way?

It’s supposed to leave you wondering. As much as the movie is this ideal fairy tale. There is always something sinister lurking in the background.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
People should probably read about historical events more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
She was pretty much in shock and poo poo was out of control at that point. She was flipping out.