Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RoboRodent posted:

I have an ongoing goal that once I'm more settled in my life (as opposed to living in a bachelor suite while I go to school in my thirties, lol) to look into becoming a foster parent. This is something I feel pretty strongly about. I want to do this. I'm not ever going to have kids of my own, between a deformed uterus and being pretty gay and also pretty chronically single, but i could be a good home for kids who need it for a while.

Stories like this just discourage me so much, and I don't know why. I think it's a sense of "and what makes you think you'd be any better, you big loser, you're not morally superior to anyone." Maybe it's just really obvious how much these people don't see people around them as human beings with feelings and agency. Maybe it's that I start doubting whether I don't have my own self-aggrandizing illusions about what foster care would be like.

The main thing is to understand that you are there to meet the kids needs. The kid isn't there to meet your needs, and they won't.

They won't be happy they are safe and the abuse has stopped, they will be (rightfully) angry and resentful that the abuse ever happened, and they'll take it out on whoever is around. It will take a long time to trust you, and they will test you and push your buttons trying to figure out what is 'wrong' with you and what you're hiding, and if you're going to suddenly turn into an abusive gently caress and/or abandon them like the other adults who've let them down. If you've spent your life being told you're worthless, then it's obvious anyone taking you in must have something wrong with them or have an ulterior motive. It can take years of care and therapy for a damaged kid to be able to have normal human relationships.

Eventually the kid may see you as the only adult who ever gave a gently caress about them, but it takes a good long while down a hard road to get there. You can do a lot of good, but it's not easy.

(My mom was a foster parent for troubled teens when I was a kid, she'd been abused in foster care herself and wanted to be able to be home with me. She also took a one year program special needs childcare at college before becoming a special care parent. So I grew up around teenagers whose next option was juvie, because nobody wanted them. Kids with less dire pasts are probably a little easier to deal with. Probably.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nettle Soup posted:

Doesn't everyone get that? Lying in bed at night beating yourself up over stupid irrelevant poo poo that happened a week or a month or a year ago. Not even bad moments, poo poo that seemed fine at the time but you regret in hindsight. Brains are dumb, and I guess the difference is beating yourself up over it, rather than others...

Having thoughts and feelings is normal. Throwing a tantrum is not. If you got so mad at yourself that you got out of bed and punched a hole in the wall that would be bad even if no one but you gets hurt.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

trickybiscuits posted:

But it's Olive Garden! What are they supposed to do, go someplace that serves food they're not 100% used to that might have actual flavor? Someplace unfamiliar? A NON-CHAIN RESTAURANT?!!

It's depressing. They apparently live right by the ocean, but something like a dolphin-watching cruise or snorkeling doesn't occur to them. What kind of lives do these people lead? Why even pay to live by the beach when you could live the same life on an isolated house in the wilderness, fifty miles from everything else around you, with a paper bag on your head so you never see anything? Do these people even really exist?

I feel pretty bad for the son and daughter-in-law who traveled so far with a baby to sit in a house staring at the wall with people who can't be bothered to find a decent seafood restaurant AT THE BEACH.

Status. Living in a prestigious neighbourhood is high status, even if you never go outside. Plus it makes your children even more wrong when they aren't eager and grateful to stay in your resort community.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gable Oak posted:

News story about horrific child abuse? The comment section is the perfect time to tell us how you're the real victim and your estranged kids lied about all the abuse.

That seems like a really bad story to make your "kids lie" stand. Kid claims she was denied food, parent claims she refused to eat. Kid leaves parent's care and immediately gains 20 pounds in a month. Hmm, who could be telling the truth?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

That's another thing that bothers me about the estranged parents forums. The OP will start a thread and then all the replies will segue (often in the first sentence) into the replier's own story of their estranged children, with no effort made to comment on the OP's situation.

Let me tell you how your story makes me feel. MMMMEEEEEEE

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Antivehicular posted:

I know I and others have said it before, but I cannot get over how many of these people think that their child developing into an adult, with adult relationships and their own household, is estrangement and cruelty. I can only assume there's no book like this about sons-in-law because the primary audience is women who have been socialized to attack other women in this kind of family conflict.

If you think your son-in-law is vicious, controlling and toxic, that he's the one solely responsible for keeping your precious daughter away, then you probably assume he's abusive as well. Your daughter hasn't estranged you, she's a victim of spousal abuse. Look right here in this book it talks about abusers isolating their victims, just like what happened with my daughter!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maneck posted:

A classic example of a poster who has the intelligence to put the pieces together and then rejects the obvious conclusion. "Could it be that people will resent me forcing them to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours fighting me in court? Will this child who has been forced to interrupt its life to come spend time with me or be in contempt of court - may resent me? No. Clearly the system is broken for not making the child love me."

And even if the estranged kids are living saints who never said a cross word about grandma ever, their kids are not completely oblivious and will figure out this is the lady who has been stressing mom out and making our money problems worse.

Though I suppose the grandparent also tries to blame that on their kid. If she'd only given me what I wanted I wouldn't have been forced to make her spend all this money and stress fighting me.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

trickybiscuits posted:

quote:

But I can’t fool myself anymore because it’s so obvious that they don’t have any time for me and gave forgotten all the wonderful times I’ve provided for them.

That is such an odd turn of phrase. "Wonderful times I've provided for them". Not wonderful times we had together.

Apparently moms can be "nice guys" too. Insert kindness tokens -> receive love.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RoboRodent posted:

So this woman has been sat down and had it explained to her that her daughter is brain damaged and could use some extra support and love in order to get her life sorted out, but that interferes with her ability to blame her daughter for everything, so it must be a lie.

Yeah, that seemed weird to me. Here you have an excuse on a silver platter for why your kid being a gently caress up isn't in any way your fault. You'd think most of the estranged parents would love that. But for this lady that isn't enough, it must be the child's fault.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Clitch posted:

It really is. Facebook is effectively the sunglasses from They Live. It's good to know who the terrible people are in your life. It's unhealthy to get constant reminders and updates on your phone.

Ew, on the phone? Uninstall that app, for sure. If you want to keep up with people on facebook just check in once a day on your laptop or whatever.

Nobody needs their facebook aunts dinging their phone all day.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

trickybiscuits posted:

Issendai.com suggested that this is the parents thinking about how wonderful things were before their children hit about 6 or 8 years old- old enough to have their own ideas and preferences and to say no and stand up to their parents.

Here's a weird one. Second post is recent, first one is about nine months earlier. Either this woman didn't bother mentioning her fifth child at first, there's some mental illness at play, or she had a baby in the past 9 months (and there's some mental illness at play, my guess is hoarding). Or a troll.

Check the last paragraph

quote:

It has been three years since the cut off, and for a while I did think of ending my life. But I know that would only complicate things for my youngest even further, even if we never meet, as adopted children often have questions about their origins and whether they were wanted.

If the story were true that would mean that in the first post the child was already at least 2 years old. She also talks about being in contact with the oldest "yesterday" but in the second post the oldest is the one who took the baby 3 years ago.

Troll or total break from reality? :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Relentless posted:

As someone who hosted a sleepover for several nieces and nephews this weekend, let me fill you in on some other things that can elicit a 4 or 5 year old tearing off an article of clothing and full on blubber crying:

Their gummies having too many green ones.
Not getting to sleep in the dog crate.
Getting to sleep in the dog crate.
A cousin eating their 3 hour old chicken nugget.
Not getting to drink out of the dog water bowl.
Their brother not sharing the controller.
Getting the controller and not knowing how to play Untitled Goose Game.
Missing their mom.
Their mom showing up to take them home.
Exaggerated pretending to stub their toe for attention after their sister walked into a doorway cuz she was staring at her tablet.
The dog looked at them funny.

Apparently ripping off your socks/shirt/pants shows that they're really sad and mean it this time, and after not going to be fine in about 1.5 minutes. This is not true.

Most people with a kid are going to see that and immediately assume the real cause was "ran out of goldfish crackers" or "the sun went down".

When I was that age I'd cry when Mr. Rogers was over. Every day. For months.

Still stand by it tho. Your day is only gonna get worse once Mr. Rogers is over.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Can someone tell me what the gently caress just happened there? I cannot read that

My guess is trying to type on a smart phone and being really bad at it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why would you sign over your company to someone no more than 23? The home too. I guess if you wanted to secure assets in case of emergency or death you could make them partners, but just signing over everything you own is hella weird.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Peeps who get along with their parents but don't know what to talk about on the phone: the answer is in the good old fw:fw:fw. Go to the funny pictures thread, the cute thread, the OSHA thread or whatever and find some pictures your mom or dad will like. Send a few to her on facebook, or if you and your mom are both smartphone savvy you can send them to her during the phone call. Now you can talk about the cute, funny, or dumb thing in the pictures.

Here's a few I sent my mom this week to get you started.

Haha, that's just like [our dog]!

What a dumbass!

Does your dad like dad jokes?

This one opens up a whole conversation tree about that story they saw about rescue dogs. Everyone has seen a story about rescue dogs.

If your mom is real boring and doesn't share your sense of humor maybe she will like something pretty from the bird pictures thread.

And then you talk about it and have a laugh and everybody ends the call feeling like it was a good call even though you talked about nothing. :)
Note: this probably won't work if your parents are narcissistic assholes or whatever because they would just look for hidden meanings or something. But if they are okay normal people who are just boring or you have nothing in common with, then funny/cute pictures can give you something safe to talk about for a few minutes.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tunicate posted:

In the south, being part cherokee was understood as the way you justified it when your kids ended up looking a bit too dissimilar to their dad or if you were a little too "swarthy" to be white.

That seems like it would be more a thing with 1/32 than 1/8 though. If you're 1/8 your grandparent was 1/2, and they should surely have clear memories of their pure blood cherokee parent, 2 pure blood cherokee grandparents, and various cherokee cousins.

I'm 1/8 Cree and I clearly remember my 1/2 Cree grandmother even though she died when I was 12. Her deadbeat dad was white, but she looked Cree, she sounded Cree, she spoke some Cree, and her family was Cree. There was no possibility that she might have been faking it and actually been 100% white. :psyduck:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Strong Convections posted:

Her kids fought all the time and the brother got braces which upset the siblings.

I have a feeling there was an unequal distribution of love and material goods leading to resentment and jealousy among the kids. Probably the other child's complaint was that she spent disproportionately on the preferred brother, while they went without. "Dealt with pinworms" gives me the creeps because I wonder if the poor kid had to deal with mum's homemade curative while their brother got cosmetic bracers.

The brother also had Autism. Even in a functional family a kid with serious disabilities is going to get more attention and care than the other kids, and the other kids are going to resent it. Other kids in the family may be expected to give up some of their own free time and "normal childhood" to help care for the disabled sibling. Have their own problems and pain brushed aside as trivial compared to that of a disabled child. If he was profoundly disabled he could completely monopolize the parents attention.

OTOH he could have been very high functioning. I have trouble picturing the low functioning types tolerating braces. So catering to his special needs could look a lot like a kid who is just a spoiled brat who gets everything he wants to the other kids. When he loses control of his emotions it's called an autistic meltdown and he gets care, but when the other kids behave in the exact same way it's called a temper tantrum and they get yelled at. It is going to feel unfair.

If the parents are crap to begin with, then the extra stress of a disabled child is just going to make everything worse.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Biplane posted:

Do old people not know how to write?

Maybe she posts via speech-to-text? I dunno.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

It sounds like the forums are about to force their creator to become an estranged parent.

Going out for cigarettes one last time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Eshettar posted:

I'll just go ahead and leave this here. Seems like an appropriate place for it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3524111

Geez what is it with peanut gallery goons calling FAKE. Like if you read a story and at the end the author said "haha fooled you!" you'd have to commit seppuku?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Literally A Person posted:

Is this like some sick revenge fantasy or something??? Like a see-you-in-hell type of situation???

I'm not being selfish, no, I'm actually concerned our heavenly father will torture my baby for eternity if she doesn't honour me enough. Why oh why won't she bend the knee to save herself?

I'm not sure why she thinks it has to happen before her own death though. It's probably easier to honour your parents once they are dead. Just drop off flowers at the grave, boom, honoured.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Soylent Pudding posted:

Yeah there is definitely a strain of interpretation in the Abrahamic faiths that basically portrays God as an abusive father. It shouldn't be surprising that those who put great stock in respecting certain sources of authority would latch on to that view.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Devonaut posted:

This is one of those things where everyone checks all the boxes right? Like a fortune teller who gives you generic statements but it's designed to feel personal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect

Nope. The only one my mom had was maybe the inconsistent sometimes wise/sometimes unreasonable one to some degree. I think nearly everyone could get that box, in that nobody is a perfectly consistent robot. Plus these evaluations are being done by children or childhood memories, and what a kid thinks is "unreasonable" might not be totally unreasonable.

Don't get me wrong, my mom had problems too, just not those particular problems.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Beachcomber posted:

he was jealous because he couldn't afford to go

he was ashamed because I was unemployed at the time.

So if you do well he's jealous, and if you do poorly he's ashamed, and either way his mental illness is your fault? :raise:

Alternate hypothesis: your dad, your brother and you all have struggles with mental illness because a tendency toward certain traits that are maladaptive in the current setting runs in your family. It's not your fault. It's not anybody's fault.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

StrangersInTheNight posted:

freud is such poo poo, and yet in a complete surprise, the framing of freudian psychoanalysis (putting me laying back in a chair/in bed staring at the ceiling as i talk about everything and nothing, several times a week or as often as needed to wear yourself out) has been the most effective therapy for my MDD/anxiety disorder combo. i guess a stopped click is right twice a day, etc etc.

Anybody trying to map out a new way to think about things is going to have some hits and misses. He didn't have a teacher. He started with things like "this person's numb hand doesn't make sense neurologically, maybe it's not really a neurological problem?" and felt his way along. Cheers to him for not falling back on "maybe it's demons idk".

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gnoman posted:

Most of Freud's "theories" were preconceptions. His notion that sex was at the root of everything was a hobbyhorse before he did any real study, much of his papers are based on therapy sessions that provably never happened, and the sessions he did do were almost invariably with very sexually repressed people.

Freud was a fraud, completely and utterly. All he did was turn "maybe it's demons, IDK" into "maybe it's sex, IDK", and he probably set the science of psychology back 50 years or more.

All of that is true. His accomplishment is setting up psychology as a science at all, so 50 years later the third generation psychologists could start getting things right.

Without psychology your options were a neurologist for brain problems or religious councillor for emotional problems. I doubt we'd be in a better position today if counselling had remained mainly the job of ministers and bartenders. Ministers and bartenders do work well for some people, but they have a limited range of solutions to offer.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I remember a story from college told alongside the famous tale of Phineas Gage of a person who complained of headaches and was found to have a nail (I think?) sticking out of their head. Like really obviously sticking out of they head. They had an accident that resulted in a foreign object piercing their brain in just the right way that the nail in their head prevented them from noticing the nail in their head. They could notice the symptom of persistent headaches, but not the obvious cause of a nail protruding from their skull. (Unfortunately google couldn't find this story for me, because there are sooooo many stories of dudes turning up with nails and rods through their heads. It just keeps happening.)

I think sometimes personality disorders are a lot like that nail. The personality disorder in their brain prevents them from seeing the personality disorder in their brain.

They can see the symptom that almost all of their relationships keep turning to poo poo, but since they can't hold the idea that they have a problem in their minds, they instead come up with the reasonable explanation that everyone around them is crazy or mean.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mx. posted:

and the point they derive from this is:

lovely newspaper for lovely people

Well, yeah, but it's also true. As long as the parent wasn't breaking bones lot of the community and the courts wouldn't consider anything less to be abuse. Just like all the dudes running hollywood casting couches for 50 years didn't consider themselves sex pests, they just thought it was one of the perfectly normal perks of the job. Society told them what they were doing was okay.

Of course people doing lovely things in an environment that told them it was okay were still doing lovely things. It's just an uphill road to get them to understand that they were wrong when they genuinely think they were doing the right things. Especially if they were "in their cups" and don't really remember everything that happened. Or if they have a mental illness or personality disorder that distorts their memories and experiences.

Even in 1985 parenting guidance would advise "frazzled dads" not to mete out punishment or discipline while "frazzled". Rage monsters hitting their kids was never a good look.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

it's because their brains are literally lead poisoned.

Ehhhhhh. If it's brain damage then they are disabled and we should stop making fun of them. It's rude to be angry at people for their disabilities.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PetraCore posted:

Yes, I oversimplified quite a bit. I suppose I feel like the lead is something a lot of people would use as an excuse to minimize the damage they've caused, when regardless of the factors going in damage is damage and pain is pain. I'm also a bit touchy because I feel like 'these people are disconnected, abusive parents in part because of literal brain damage' also feels to me like it sort of clips (other) people with brain damage in the crossfire. I don't think anyone in this thread was being minimizing or dismissive except for maybe me, but I kneejerk reacted a bit.

Yes, pain is pain. Not trying to minimize that at all.

If your parent was hopelessly broken before you were born there is no point in you, as an adult, to continue feeling bad about that. It is entirely possible that due to being hopelessly broken they should never even have tried to be parents, but they could not comprehend that because they were hopelessly broken before you were born. Cut them out of your life if you need to. Grieve the parents you wish you had gotten instead. When you are ready let go of the anger, resentment, and bitterness -- not for them, they are hopelessly broken and won't understand either way -- but for yourself, because carrying that burden harms you.

If as a kid your dad was a paraplegic you might resent that he can't do the things other dads do. There is a bunch of normal dad stuff you totally deserved that he wasn't able to provide for you. But as an adult with an adult mind you can release that burden of resentment and guilt because you understand he didn't chose to be paralyzed and was unable to fix it. If your parent was hopelessly broken in less visible ways it's still basically the same thing. Lead poisoning, abuse, brain damage, addiction, or whatever it was that broke them, they were broken. They couldn't fix themselves. And that's not your problem.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Picnic Princess posted:

Death makes people think the person who's gone suddenly deserves to be respected, it's a strange cultural tradition to me. Call me cold, but I have never felt that way about anyone terrible after they passed.

Death lets you mourn the person you wish they had been.

With an EX when you first met you thought this was a person worth loving and marrying, and it turned out they were a garbage person, but you can still mourn the illusion you fell in love with.

With a parent or other significant relative you were dependant on as a small child, you wired to love them and they let you down over and over. But there might still be a little piece of you that hung on to hope for a long time that eventually that person would apologise: it's all my fault, you deserved better, I love you so much -- when they die that fantasy is lost.

There was no redemption story. You never got to take off Vader's helmet and find the spark of goodness deep inside. And that's sad.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Even rats will think you are a jerk if you eat all the chocolate chips while your sister suffers.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Plus there is no guarantee that someone who chooses to go into the therapy industry is themselves a well-adjusted, empathetic person.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BrigadierSensible posted:

Re: The Australian sun.

I always like it when I come home, because living in Asia for many many years, the summers can be hot, humid and oppressive. But in Aus, whilst it is just as hot, it's generally hot on a clear day, so not as humid. And pointedly about what we were talking about, you can actually feel the sun biting your skin. Which because I am insane, I actually like.

Isn't most of Australia an arid wasteland? but it's a dry heat

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Baron Zephyrus posted:

My dad wanted to marry my mom before he was deployed (Desert Storm, iirc), but his priest wouldn't do it. But then apparently told them "but if she's pregnant, I'll marry you tomorrow." Because he didn't want them to rush into marriage, but god loving forbid a kid be born out of wedlock. I still haven't gotten a proper story as to how they did actually marry, just that dad's priest wouldn't do it.

Yeah, that sounds normal to me. Some churches if you want to get married there you need to do a few sessions of pre-marriage couples counseling. Presumably to discuss your values, how many kids do you want, how are you going to raise them, money, in-laws, etc. Things people deeply, passionately in horny may not think about, where a fundamental mismatch can set you up for an inevitable divorce.

If you're pregnant and keeping it you're already legally and financially entwined for the next 20 years so you might as well get a quickie wedding to make it respectable. But if there's no emergency and you just don't want to do the mandatory counselling thing they go all "our roof, our rules".

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The mum is in no way the arsehole in that situation. It is the grandma is full on in the wrong. Also , the mum has done the right thing by setting hard clear rules, (treat both your grandkids the same), and giving consequences.

But what is also very clear is the way this story is told, as opposed to the multitude of other Estranged Child stories. There is no histrionics, the facts are clear. I mean there is always room for an unreliable narrator in every story, but at least there is no self aggrandizing or martyrdom, and it is easy to understand who did what and why.

Again, good on this mum for not treating her stepson differently as her other kid, and also for not making the fact that he is not her biological child shameful or secret.

She's been raising the kid since he was 1. Biomom is out of the picture, so she's basically the only mom that kid has ever known. And she adopted him so he's not even her stepson, he's just her son. In every way that matters that boy is her son. Treating him the same as her other kid is just normal and human.

Treating your daughter's stepson that way would be lovely. Treating her adopted son that way is monstrous.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What do these arsehole parents who call their kids "abusive" for not visiting actually want from those visits?

I mean by their behaviour both past and present, it is clear that they do not enjoy their kids company, nor want to do anything fun, or have proper conversations with them? I would imagine that said visits are worlds of tension, hassle, and discomfort for all involved, and that is when they don't break out in knock down drag out fighting.

In addition to the options others have said, for some they don't want a real visit, they want an imaginary visit where everyone gets along and has a great time. They aren't imagining a visit where they get to berate and abuse their children, they are imaging a visit that looks like a hallmark card.

A visit where all past hurts have been forgiven. Where the children are grateful and loving. Where the parents can be proud because the kids have finally given up on the nonsense and gotten their lives together. Where the parent can offer a word of gentle correction and it won't start a fight, instead the kid will respond something like "You know what mom, you're right. You were always right. Sorry for being so much trouble growing up, you were a great parent and I am so grateful I had you". All the bad things will melt away like magic.

Of course the visit of their daydreams can never happen, because as soon as you are in the same room their own emotions and patterns will get in the way. :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Miss Broccoli posted:

That bean dad poo poo is wild

He has apologised and claimed it was all a bit, the child had plenty of pistachios to eat and was not hungry.

http://www.johnroderick.com/an-apology

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

13Pandora13 posted:

Eagerly awaiting any of the Q Anon paedo conspiracy ring enthusiasts to actually do something about this actual possession of child pornography very possibly being used for revenge porn.

They all gonna turn into this lady, "there's a difference between a minor and a child."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miLykB4sRok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I feel like if I watch that I'll end up on some kind of list.

Yes, the list of people who want bad things to happen to Lady Colin Campbell.