Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pentyne posted:

It seems like incels are less people being treated like poo poo and abused and more people coddled and sheltered who once faced with a difficult challenge immediately retreat inwards and blame everyone else for their problems.

Incels are manlets that have a terminal case of inceluenza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Boywhiz88 posted:

I just started a rewatch of The Sopranos and reading these stories in Livia Soprano’s voice is spot-on.

Try listening to Ruth Westheimer for a few seconds, then reading these

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LadyPictureShow posted:

I was a little fattycakes when I was young, but from swimming and eating smaller portions rather than clearing my whole plate and asking for fruit instead of chips or cookies in my lunch, I shed a lot of weight. The rest of my family was overweight.

My dad's response to how skinny I'd gotten was to start calling me Karen Carpenter (she was a 70s singer who died from anorexia complications)

If Mama Cass had just shared her sandwich with Karen Carpenter, they both might be alive today. Makes U Think.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

teen witch posted:

Holy poo poo, Lawn Tantrums is a beautiful BEAUTIFUL phrase.

Please change my name to Major Lawn Tantrum

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Picnic Princess posted:

My mom texted me a few days ago to wish me a happy birthday. There was no attack in the text, which I'm really not used to. I didn't have the courage to respond. I'm going through some major difficulties right now and I fear it will be just like before, endless criticism and blame, gaslighting, narcissistic guilt-tripping. Cycling back around to me begging her to stop and just try to get along, only to be given the silent treatment again. It's been over 20 years of this, I have zero confidence anything has changed.

3 words: call block software

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Jethro Tull, North Sea Oil tour

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Rockbear posted:

When my ES Deklynne was 5, we were at a family gathering, and my sister suggested that we let all the kids play with crayons while the adults socialized. Innocent enough, I thought.

A half hour later, ES runs up to me and hands me a picture that he's drawn. It's a crude drawing of two persons, one peach colored and the other blue.

"Look, mommy, I drew you and Sonic!"

The words were like a dagger in my heart. It had been in the news all week. Sega had declared bankruptcy. And now, my ES was associating me with their mascot.

The message was obvious. "Mother, I see you as a failure. You will never be successful. Everything you do will fall to pieces. Shenmue is overrated."

The other adults in the room pretended not to notice this mortifying insult, out of politeness, but they all grew awkward and quiet. My ES looked at me, feigning confusion as my hot tears hit the paper.

I'll never forget the sinister look in his eyes as he said, "What's wrong, mommy? Don't you like Sonic?"

When ES ignores my texts and calls, when he sends back my gifts, I think back to that day. I should have known then that his heart was wicked. I should have had the strength to stand up for myself against his abusive, gaslighting behavior.

I know better now. I understand my worth. It's hard but I get better every day.

Thanks for listening, everyone. This message board has been such a good support system. Anyway, it's lent, so I gotta go fast.

A clear reveal that Chris-Chan's mother is on Reddit

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Miss posted:

Ah yes, narcissium, the densest element

General Bullshit > Rejected Parents: Narcissisium is the Densest Element Imaginable

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Clitch posted:

"I constantly called my daughter fat and belittled her every accomplishment, which was the style at the time."

ABBAB: Always Be Berating and Belittling

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

jemand posted:

Yeah. Holy poo poo that was an amazing read.

Yeah, that was straight up nightmare fuel.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Picnic Princess posted:

I do have two exceptions: my father and my uncle. Holy poo poo I will party HARD when they finally fuckin kick the bucket. I've never felt guilt over either of them. The only sad thing is they're not fuckin rotted into the ground yet and there's no grave to spit on, no obituary to laugh at maniacally. I feel zero shame in saying these words. They don't deserve any sympathy or compassion.

An appropriate movie title flashed into my mind...

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

JnnyThndrs posted:

Divorce by guillotine wood chipper.

FTFY

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Reply back "GDIAF"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/johnroderick/status/1345508406321270784?s=20

'it WILL' appear as an allegory many times in her life

this dude so badly wants this loving can opener to be a thing.

"The Little Can Opener That Couldn't Because It Was A Failure Like Your Father" will be quite the best seller, I suspect.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

WrenP-Complete posted:

To Megan Markle, according to her, is to emasculate a man to the point where the qualities that you admired in him in the first place are gone.

Shouldn't this be "To Kardashian someone?" I mean, look at the history of that family

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

I've got some homegrown for the thread

For reference, I've cut off both my parents years ago and my sister has been reluctantly keeping them at arms length for her kids.

:psypop:

ninja edit:
don't get too sympathetic for my sister

Does your sister live in NJ or upstate NY

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Blue Moonlight posted:

They should use “The lady who tried to have Mom arrested” as the kid’s middle name.
Yeah, there's probably some weird Finnish or German word that means exactly that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cythereal posted:

Welp, the estranged parents train is leaving the station, judging by my cousin's public post this morning.

Emotional / intellectual flying elbow, right off the top turnbuckle
https://imgur.com/gallery/FANo3