Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Every single one of these people types like donald trump talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Captain Yossarian posted:

Pick's parents ARE the parents in this thread. It's like no one remembers their pick canon anymore smdh

to be fair I never knew it to begin with and don't care.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Every one of those sites should have one guy on there who has no rules at all, he is just totally free to say "Your kid was raped and you sided with the rapist, you should actually loving live stream it when you kill yourself so I can see the world get better in real time"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

unfortunately in practice it always turns out to be a guy who says poo poo like "what's the deal with consent laws anyway? children should be hosed, it's natural"

Obviously the goon pass should give you 'jester accounts' on all other forums.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Ohio in post form

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

You must schedule playdates with your parents at least once every fortnight or else they'll become unimprinted and stressed and chew their own feet off.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

My parents started out on a dark road in a dark place and it really hosed up my older siblings a lot compared to me, we're like a gradient of totally non functional to roughly normal with me being on the merciful end. My brothers a drug hosed narcissist whose mental gymnastics this thread eerily echos and my sister is riddled with neurosis such that every waking moment is a plate spinning contest and I'm functionally depressed.

They came such a long way from those early days and I kinda wish I could congratulate them on it without it being awkward as all loving get out (or impossible since ones dead) but... compared to some of these specimens they are / were good people, arguably better for having been worse, but even still you can't really erase the damage they've done.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

its not a bug its a feature

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

no mods no kings.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

"Grandparents rights" is such a loving poo poo show.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

you know, every time i think of my “mother” dying cold and alone, because nobody wants to be around her... it doesn’t help as much as you’d think it might. i can’t get any schadenfreude from it at all; i just wish this wasn’t happening. it sucks all around. people with good parents don’t really know how good they have it, and yes, i’m quite bitter.

The irredeemable can only be made insignificant. The point of alienating isn't Schadenfreude its a defensive pre-death death complete with mourning in order to take their power over your emotional state away. Eventually you won't think of them at all.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Gaslightning McQueen

good username

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

When I was a kid I loved baths. Sometime before I was 6 my parents tried to get me into showering but I didn't want it. So of course they'd force me in and hold my head under the stream so I'd just get used to it. Only now at nearly 40 I still can't put my face in the shower stream without my brain shutting down and having an extreme panic attack.

yeesh.

Showers rule tho.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

As hosed up as the forums can be, I feel like there are more "normal" people here per capita than in the world at large.

Hey you can still be normal and a hosed up gently caress up!! I'm living proof!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder how many kids do the equivalent of going out for cigarettes and never coming back.

das me

I was gone in an hour.