Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So I'm kinda confused, are we making fun of these old people or the children? I've read some of the posts and they seem uhhh not weird or strange. Maybe I'm an idiot, which is true honestly.
if you put on your They Live glasses for self-pitying fluff, they're describing themselves being asshats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

BluesShaman posted:

I don't think that's how brain chemistry works.
it's 100% how brain chemistry works lol

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Pick posted:

yes you can
some people have compunctions about being utterly pathetic

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Literally A Person posted:

I guess that reaction could also just be because this sort of content hits closer to home.
nah you're right, people like the EPs discrediting victims and excusing abusers in their own families perpetuate this poo poo far more. incels probably type the worst things in the world, but outwardly normal fucks are the ones actually doing it.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

"She started screaming things like 'you're constantly in my rear end' and 'this is loving WEIRD, why is our relationship like this' but idk why, the DVD player worked."

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

THOT PATROL posted:

(she also was really big into the idea that “saying the words I Love You” and “not hitting her kids” meant she ended the cycle of abuse. that’s another of the running themes in these posts, half these moms are like “well MY mother beat me six ways to sunday and never apologized once, but I never abandoned her, and also I vowed to never be like her as a mom, so how dare my children complain about any comparatively minor flaws of mine”)
ridiculously common. but like a lot of the more low key crazy/abuse itt, extremely low and warped standards for how humans treat their offspring are standard symptoms of even worse crazy a generation or two back :smith:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

blaming my autistic child for my string of failed relationships in the first PARAGRAPH, bitches :c00lbutt:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

dude just keeps coincidentally flying into time vortexes when he leaves the US.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

my kinda ape posted:

Still not remotely as bad as a lot of people have it. I have no idea how you could retain your sanity if both of your parents were monsters.
tbh that is what produced most of these parents.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

quote:

“You’re right Mom.”
hey guys I think I found the 'seamless child' cheat code.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

the odds that the people writing these whiny paragraphs say they can't stand victims and victimhood are 1:1.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

someone's rebellious phase is gonna involve a lot of tie dye

Saint Drogo fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Aug 2, 2019

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

MasBrillante posted:

Also, lol at the lady above talking about “plenty of followers.” Many of them truly believe their children are the de facto leaders of a cult whose sole purpose is to HURT them.
maybe someone should put them in touch with the gangstalking people. satisfy that itch without having to bother their poor loving kids.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

THOT PATROL posted:

from a thread about the various homeopathic, alternative, etc “medicine” that the lovely moms are into:
more evidence that boomers are just a cancerous byproduct of weed prohibition.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Broshevik posted:

The way she throws "humorless" in there when describing her son I assume it was something insanely racist.
Ahaha yep, there it is. I was wondering.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

quote:

Oldest son and daughter in law were married 6 years ago. We loved her, embraced her, sought out ways to accommodate her many food allergies
you get the gist of what a shithead this person is from this tiny piece alone. it's amazing.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

quote:

When you refer to a human woman giving birth as “whelp[ing] out three babies,” you have lost perspective. While I’m sure that you love your daughter very much, and I don’t want to come down too hard on you, I’m not surprised that she loves going over to her father’s house. Your tooth-grinding misery, resentment, and hostility toward others absolutely radiated off your letter. I’d want to take a break from living with you, too. The texts you describe coming from your ex-husband’s new wife sound pretty innocuous. My guess is that she asks your permission about a lot of low-level things like buying skates because you have a history of flying off the handle when she does anything on Katy’s behalf without getting your approval first.
:drat: when did Dear Prudence columns start spitting the truth so hard? no wonder these clowns have to hide on their own forum.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

those sound more like things she heard than things he said.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

a PSA about staying in a poo poo marriage 'for your kid'

Don't. ever.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

quote:

I am somewhat fortunate that my case is different in that I adopted an older child. I can kind of put the years she was with me in a box.
these posts always have one or two perfect lines that tell you everything.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Wicker Man posted:

I have conflicting feelings about this sort of thing. My sister has definitely distanced herself from the family, but it's not like she's some saint who did no wrong. But if you try to point anything like that out to her she just shuts down and digs in even further with the whole "you don't need your family."
if she's distanced herself from the family, she's absolutely the saint.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Return the invoice with "parentage" slashed out and "elderly care" written in it's place.

Get your brother to co-sign it, and not pay them another cent.
my mind went to sending it back covered in actual shitstains, this is much classier.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Play posted:

People distance themselves from family for all sorts of reasons, it's not always written in stone that the distancer is a better person or more righteous than the people being distanced from.

Of course, most of the stories we see in this thread that's the case, but it's not universally true. An addict might distance themselves from family to continue their addiction, or a father might do so from shame after being caught in an affair. Of course, anyone has the right to do that but it doesn't make it good.
unless you're like a deadbeat parent, getting tf out of someone else's life is always fine & good.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i forgave the pedo who molested me, you should forgive me anything. family is about passing on the enabling.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

quote:

Little did I know when she was only 3 years old she came to me crying, saying ” you love daddy more than me” that this set the trend for the rest of her life...In my short email I explained this was true, and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

a level of pathetic where the people who think it's normally okay to take a person's door are making GBS threads on you :lol:

I'm glad that stayed both feelgood and believable, final form fragile stepdad really brightened my day.