Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Barudak posted:

Did you know in some states you are legally required to pay for your parents retirement and that some estranged parents have already started exploiting this to get back at their children? Would you believe I know the states with these laws and wont ever live in them?

Source? I need to read this insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Barudak posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filial_responsibility_laws

The list of states is: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada , New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia.

Now thats a big list but be aware not all have the same thresholds and boundary of obligations, nor are they all usually enforced, but seriously avoid Pennsylvania and it comes up with Estranged Parents now that they know about it.
Jesus H. Christ. That PA case had a nursing home go after the son for payment before even attempting to collect from Medicaid and won.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

"The Warmth of the Irish People" led to this woman's daughter realizing her mother was insane.
More like "my daughter was in an interracial relationship so I forced her to move to a country that represents her ethnicity and now she resents me for some reason."

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
They're always talking about their kids or their in-laws being arrogant and not having respect. I'm guessing this is just code for "believes they are my equal" and are upset their asses aren't sufficiently kissed.