Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Just some ammo for the thread.

My estranged mother showed up on the doorstep of my secure apartment complex, 3,000km away from her home, 2 states over (Australia). I never told her I had moved 4-5 years earlier, nor ever given my home address out to anyone bar online sales for delivery.

After somehow getting into the apartment complex (either by following someone else in, or convincing someone else to buzz her in), she sat at my front door knocking non-stop and calling my name. I relented long enough to tell her I'd called the cops but if she wanted to continue to annoy me I'd be back with a bucket of water to dump over her.

Eventually she left, cops arrived about an hour later, no sign of her around the building or neighbourhood.

Turns out she stole my Godzilla x garden gnome statue though, too. I've since moved (twice!) and been converted to a silent elector to remove my details from the publicly available electoral rolls.

She occasionally shows up at my sister and her husband's house as they're still in the same city. My sister is hoping to move house this year and not have to worry about it.

She sends emails to my sister's email address that we specified she should only ever use if there was some business that needed to be conducted. So far she's faked a cancer scare, tried to use us to hide money from a failed second marriage and divorce, and other shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU