Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
everybody itt sure af knows, but its worth reminding yourself that one of the low key lies thats permeated society is that you HAVE to love your parents, and you HAVE to have your family in your life, so you HAVE to forgive them regardless of what egregious actions theyve taken against you. some people we deal with simply cant phatom that actually you owe your parents nothing in life and that it is OK to never forgive or want to forgive. so, like, conflicts like this happen and will keep happening. I dont really know what the solution is, but I wish you and him luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh good, I'm not the only one who found the letters from mom in Animal Crossing to be a bit jarring.

yuuuuup

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Alterian posted:

My mom sent my kid a amazon gift card for his 5th birthday. I went no contact on her on his 1st birthday. Its still weird. She knows nothing about him. I've lived out of state from them for half my life now even before going NC.

That's a standard play disgruntled grandparents use. The best course of action is to not acknowledge it and move on. If it happens again, consider screening the kid's mail.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I dont really know where to ask this, but does anybody have any thread-specific perspective on the "Overly Supportive Parents" perk in Starfield? I truly hate letters from mom in Animal Crossing, but it actually seems like it might be a funny gag here.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

So many times, I would tell stories from my childhood and be laughing about it, but listeners would either get really sad or enraged.

lol yeah

"you cant just like.. SAY that, dude"
"no no its really funny in context of the other, even more worse abuse, see.."

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Apparently it is NOT a whimsical childhood memory to have slept with a knife under your pillow because we were in a bad neighbourhood and the window was stuck open with no screen and every adult was too drunk or hung over to bother fixing it for an entire year.

lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
this is a cool weird thread and I appreciate that it was caught on tape but fuuuuuuuck no no way in hell am I watching that video lol wtf

lets not start engaging in self harm here lmao

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Ooh! I could build it in the Sims. I'm gonna do that.

lol this is the path to ruin trust me

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I wasnt smart or good or gifted at anything, I was homeschooled like a Real True Christian Patriot because President Bill Clinton is the Antichrist and barcodes are the Mark of the Beast and Waco and Ruby Ridge means the End Times are upon us hell yeah baby :c00l:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
AceOfFlames, I am once again adding to the now overwhelming chorus that is just.... completely and utterly begging and pleading with you to cut contact from your parents

whatever vile fate you have imagined in your head that is without them cannot possibly be worse than keeping them in your life

please.....

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
My mom and her husband came back from a weekend of drinking and complaining about me with all new angles of attack, new rules, new ultimatums, new ways to berate me, etc, etc. I left within the hour without saying goodbye. That was the chef's kiss: I didnt defend myself, I didnt react. I just packed and left without saying a drat word while they were screaming and pleading at me to answer them, we demand answers, what are you doing, blah, blah, blahhh,,,

As much as they claimed they wanted me out and I was such a burden, they werent ACTUALLY expecting me to just walk away like that. Oops. They had a tough time of it for a while with nobody to watch after their inebriated asses and no scapegoat to blame their bullshit on.

It was the only time I ever truly had the upper hand, and theyve been working very hard from afar ever since to undo that and get back into my life. 🙄

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

HungryMedusa posted:

I am proud of you for standing up for yourself, wizard

It's been about 8 years, and lacking any soft targets in their daily lives, they are more absolutely starved for negative attention than ever. They are utterly histrionic trollish people, constantly getting banned from bars and churches and lovely fringe Facebook groups and poo poo, just going around burning literally ANYBODY foolish enough to make the mistake of tolerating them in the slightest. Im sure they get a physical rush out of being their worst selves and the fallout of being ejected. They could absolutely monetize their lovely bit. So vile. Garbage people.

Point being, sometimes the best reaction is no reaction, winning move not to play, etc, etc...

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 4, 2024

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

teen witch posted:

How bad do you need to be to get banned from a church

you loudly espouse all the most utterly unhinged talking points to gain the implicit trust of leadership and them you accuse them of true things 🙃

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
healthy and helpful? uhhh, I mostly just think about that one Perry Bible Fellowship comic

https://pbfcomics.com/comics/happy-brothers/

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

deep dish peat moss posted:

Recent posts have reminded me that whenever I would say "excuse me" as a kid my parents would immediately say "there's no excuse for you" and then tell me not to tell anyone at school that they said that :v:

"dad, Im really hungry! can you make me a sandwich?"
"POOF! you're a sandwich :D" *drunkenly passes out and pisses himself, leaving me to wander the neighborhood for 12 hours asking random passers-by for any food*

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
lmao

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I went down a Google rabbit hole a while back and found boutique grift from fashed out parenting blogs that had stuck around for 20 or 30 years that was along the lines of "managing your estranged adult child" so if that poo poo is reaching the mainstream it is only a matter of time before the television set starts telling you that your children turned out wrong due to the corruption of the world and forces entirely beyond your control so they never actually had the capability to love you properly like cable news does you are blameless and holy and pure blah blah if it hasnt already in such Videodrome-esque terms

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
she spent all of 2023 getting people to indicate to me that she was willing to "help me out financially" if I forgave her and started speaking to her again.

this had me worried that if the mainstream dudes are going to start targeting psychotic elderly with NC progeny, Im wondering now if I shouldve taken the weird bribe money while I had the chance. lol. lol......

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
so I found out that my mom kind of has these long rambling circular arguments with like.. anybody if I come up? just in absolute total denial I am not speaking to her again. she wants me to forgive her, but her idea of that seems to be "if I can just find an angle to get to him and correct the record he will be forced to concede and let me back into his life.." sounds real real healthy after 8 or 9 years :spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Walking off, the fox said, "Those grapes are probably sour anyways!" but then, having slept on it,