Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I’m a big fan of how she brings up a hoarding friend who has some hosed up reaction. But it’s the kid’s fault. What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

This premise is way darker in the wake of this thread.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I just started a rewatch of The Sopranos and reading these stories in Livia Soprano’s voice is spot-on.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I was catching up on VICE News Tonight for the last two weeks and they had a segment about international adoption in Africa. This was more of the “sponsor” a child style, but it was still heartbreaking and gross.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I think it’s ten $30 lessons which is nothing considering the daughter got a full-ride etc.

I’m glad the daughter appears to have the knowledge, support, and whatnot to deal with her lovely mom.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I wish someone would reply to that with “aren’t you the woman who let her husband molest her kids?” and see where it goes.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Gaps so big they’re counted in a Tony Hawk level.

Goddamn, I really appreciate people holding the red flags. I’ve gotten better at reading between the lines when they’re shown like that.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I love how much of this lines up with other posts in this thread. And how much is its own unfiltered insanity.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

gently caress I wish there were 7% CDs. Goddamn.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Your mom bailed me out of jail, let me pay her back in installments, loaned me clothes for court, and put in a good word with the judge for me (because of course your mom knows everyone in that county). I pretty much lived in her house that winter when I was unemployed, because she and your step-dad were gone all the time, and it meant not having to be sad in my parents' basement.

I thought this was leading up to “and I hosed her” because it’s SomethingAwful. But that’s so sweet and nice. I’m so glad people can look out for one another like this.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

trickybiscuits posted:

If his phone is broken, how is he calling on his way to work?

Also, saying that you are going to be blunt is hurtful. Gotcha.

She’s upset he isn’t calling. So she’s being pithy. “His phone must be broken.”

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

You could start a multiplex cinema the way these people project. Goddamn.

My oldest brother was the one to shake me out of the concept of familial obligation. I had been somewhat resentful that he didn’t interact w me more but I was also a barely functioning alcoholic for a number of years. He explained the worldview he learned in therapy, and it made sense. If your life is a show, then you get to choose who is in the front row.

It allowed me to put my parents a little further from me, which I think allowed me to forgive them a little more. If I’m not as attached, I don’t feel so let down. I recognize their flaws a bit more clearly, and my bro’s and I have fun laughing at the things that used to really needle at us.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Based on the last poster’s CPS-involvement, weight, and age, there’s no way that house can’t be described as having a smell to it. I have seen the type. I’ve been on-site w a coworker where the client had a “bad back” and 2 cats. So the whole house reeked of cat poo poo and piss.

This coworker had been USMC and went into Fallujah (I think it was Fallujah.) to recover those contractors’ bodies. He’d seen some poo poo in his life is what I’m getting at. When we got back in the car he raised his voice and stated “that was the grossest loving place I’ve been in.”

That’s the memory that comes to mind reading this woman’s diatribe.

A baby at 55. GTFO. You’d have to be 73 to see them graduate high school. Insane.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

What’s so funny to me is that if it’s the parent busting their rear end to have money for college, why would they be opposed to debt relief?!! It gets them off the hook or keeps their kid from spending half their paycheck on loans. It’s sooooo dumb.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

You know when your therapist gives you the :stare: look because you told them something you hitherto considered COMPLETELY loving NORMAL AND REGULAR BEHAVIOUR then you're gonna be alright.

I learned that my depression was depression, not just feeling blue, when I related to my friend “hey, you know how it is when you wanna kill yourself” and got :stare: “NO!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

ACAB: All Children Are Berated.