Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Leagues:

UNITED STATES:
National Women's Soccer League

MEXICO:
Liga MX Femenil

AUSTRALIA:
W-League

EUROPE:
Champions League

ENGLAND:
Women's Super League

FRANCE:
Division 1 Féminine

GERMANY:
Frauen-Bundesliga

SPAIN:
La Liga Iberdrola

ITALY:
Serie A Femminile

SWEDEN:
OBOS Damallsvenskan

NORWAY:
Toppserien W

DENMARK:
Gjensidige Kvindeliga

Cool and Good People Covering Women's Soccer:
Kim McCauley @lgbtqfc on Twitter (now works for Angel City FC)
Charles Olney at Backline Soccer & @olneyce on Twitter.
Sophie Lawson @lawson_sv on Twitter.
John Hallorhan @JohnDHalloran on Twitter.
Stephanie Yang at AllForXI & @thrace on Twitter.
Megan Linehan at The Athletic (paywall) & @itsmeglinehan on Twitter.
Jessica Luther at Burn It All Down (podcast) & @jessicawluther on Twitter.
Rich Laverty at These Football Times & @RichJLaverty on Twitter.
Molly Hudson @M0lly_Writes on Twitter.
The Equalizer & @EqualizerSoccer on Twitter.
Football Reference (includes current stats/tables for pretty much every women's league as well as schedules).

5/4/21: Updated this post for the first time since 2019. :ohdear:

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I will update the OP with information on where to watch as it's found, along with additional websites/reporters covering the sport. If you want me to add a league or a cool website/twitterati that does good coverage, no problem! Just please post the details, for example I don't know the Scandinavian leagues well enough to know where to find their stuff.

And if I made mistakes, let me know so I can fix them! I like women's soccer, but I'm not in any way an expert- especially on the European side of things.

For the moment, here's a preview of the upcoming Liga MX Apertura.

Right now I think only the NWSL is in season, most of the Euro leagues IIRC follow the traditional footballing season.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 13, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

:siren:This Weekend's Matches:siren:

NWSL
Saturday, July 13, 2019
7pm Eastern US Time
Seattle Reign @ North Carolina Courage: North Carolina dogwalked the league last season, and this season sit a single point behind first place Seattle just past the midway mark of the season. Both teams have a number of USWNT starters, and Crystal Dunn finally gets to be the attacking winger she usually is rather than forced to play left back. The match will be carried live on Yahoo Sports streaming.

8:30pm Eastern US Time
Chicago Red Stars @ Houston Dash: Two lower midtable sides face off, with the Red Stars getting back several of their star players from the World Cup, including defender Julie Ertz and goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher. I'd imagine that'll help, given they're on a terrible run of form with three points from their last five matches. The Dash didn't send a single player to the USWNT. This match will also be streaming on Yahoo Sports.

Sunday, July 14, 2019
3pm Eastern US Time
Orlando Pride @ Portland Thorns: The Pride have Alex Morgan, the Thorns have Megan Rapinoe. We'll see if either play, or if they're still too hung over after the extended celebration. The Thorns are definitely the better team, sitting third on the table while the Pride are second to last. This match will be streaming on ESPN.com, and on Cable TV at ESPNNews.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

xeria posted:

Can add Australia's W-League to the list, though the new season probably won't begin until October/November-ish. A whole mess of NWSL players usually go play a full season in W-League as well. Site is here: https://www.w-league.com.au/

Edit: Also for Sweden - OBOS Damallsvenskan (https://www.svenskfotboll.se/serier-cuper/tabell-och-resultat/obos-damallsvenskan/77346/)

Thanks! Can't believe I forgot about the aussie league, considering how many of them spend their summers in the NWSL.

e: I have no clue why this has the shitpost forums tag? :ohdear: Maybe it reset because I tried to use a ß for Fußball and it made me take the "illegal character" out of the title and reset my choice of tag at the same time? If a mod could change it to the sports one, I'd be very grateful!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 13, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Binary Badger posted:

Thanks for the schedule, been following the US since World Cup play started.

My BFF thinks the US got lucky with penalties in the game against England.

She also thinks Dunn was underrated all during all the games.

Dunn was real real good IMO. I know a couple people disagree to varying degrees, but I think most of them would still give her credit for growing into the position.

OTOH I don't think the US got that lucky against England, I felt pretty confident at the time the pen was given that they still had a much better chance to win even if England ties the match. For one thing, they wouldn't have sat back in the 5-4-1 for the rest of the match.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I've enjoyed too many terrible people doing excellent sports things (biggest example, Curt Schilling in 2004) to have an opinion about a team I like affected by how terrible a person a particular player is. NC is real danged good, and Hinkle is a pretty good player even with her utterly lovely personal views.

My biggest problem is that I'm from MA, so I'm not sure what to do since the Breakers broke up. I guess I could go with Washington, because Rose Lavelle is a goddamned midfield monster so long as her hamstrings don't yank themselves off the bone.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I dunno how long a break the players are getting. Most of the players from other national teams who play in the NWSL were back pretty quickly.

I do know that US Soccer is making GBS threads all over the NWSL by having the national team start a victory tour of friendlies on August 3rd - right when the NWSL is heading into the home stretch of the season, which ends in early October. It's going to make the US Federation a metric fuckton of money, while paying the women not a whole lot, and depriving the NWSL of oxygen and some if its best players right at a time when people should be able to watch it.

gently caress US Soccer.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

And of course its 7:04 pm and the Yahoo stream isn't on.

e: on as of 7:05.

Man, it's hot and humid as gently caress in New England, I can't imagine how hot and humid it is in NC.

e2: Holy poo poo, that creep Hinkle can roll.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 14, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Mr. Mambold posted:

Is that Taylor Twellman aka The Voice of Fingernails on Chalkboard? God amighty why is U.S. soccer the redheaded stepchild of sports announcers...

I dunno, for a couple million I bet you could get Chris Berman to say they're going back back back on a goal kick

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm constantly impressed by the players who can go a full 90 despite it being hotter than two rats loving in a wool sock on the field. The best temperature for endurance sports that involve a lot of constant running is like 50-60 degrees F, and to be at a heat index well over 100 in the sunlight and still able to run around is crazy.

Crazy Ted posted:

Between the World Cup players and the injured, the team had an absence list consisting of something like sixteeen players 2-3 weekends ago.

That's insane! Where were they getting enough players to field a team from?!

e: Also, thanks Gigi for fixing the tag so this isn't listed as a shitpost!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 14, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Looks like we've got our first Galactica:

https://twitter.com/JasSchweimler/status/1151479287637250049

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Zwachro posted:

Not pro (why is that in the thread title, anyway?), but rather youth NTs: the U19 Euros start tomorrow and should be fairly accessible:

Where to watch Women's Under-19 EURO

I figure there'll be big threads for the major international tournaments, starting with the Olympics next year, and wanted to try to give more visibility to the pro game. I don't have any issue with international stuff being posted here, though.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Average attendance this weekend was 12,000 per match, which is pretty impressive considering the Thorns weren't at home.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

That's p fuckin' awesome.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Debinha's assist tonight was fully loving sick, perfectly weighted ball in on a breakaway.

e: this is a pretty good match. 50' in and on ESPN2. Worth watching.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 22, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Sam Kerr. Real loving good.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

NC looks like they have a goal in them.

And as I type that Kerr nearly scores again. This was the Sam Kerr I was promised during the WC!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

highme posted:

Currently on a bus headed for the Clunk, should probably find that stream.

If you're in the US you can get it on espn.com.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

It's insane to me that we can't get a decent team in the Boswash belt. It's fertile ground for the game, and has a ton of stadiums to play in.

It's getting late for NC.

... and as I type that they go off the post.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man, Hamilton missed that by inches.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Red Stars might have to be my team since I don't have one up here in the totally unpopulated and totally culturally backward New England region.

Naeher's header at the end of the game was gutsy as gently caress.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Phwoar

https://twitter.com/OurGameMagazine/status/1155308544066932736

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Today's NWSL matches

4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Chicago Red Stars @ Seattle Reign (Streaming on Yahoo Sports) - The Reign and Red Stars both look to keep pace with the top of the table, they're each six points behind league leading Portland. This is an important match, as the winner would move into playoff position while the loser would fall off the pace to make the four team playoff. The Reign currently have two games in hand, winning both would put them tied on points with the Thorns. Should be a banger.

8:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Sky Blue @ Houston Dash (Streaming on Yahoo Sports) - Both teams are coming off a Wednesday loss, and for Houston it was a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Portland. Houston is the definition of meh, but Sky Blue are the most screwed team in the NWSL, so they should be looking to take all three points here.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 28, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Reign would have wanted to score a bit ago.

(Also, Seattle Reign is a great sports team name and I refuse to hear opinions to the contrary)

I appreciate the drummers, too.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

xeria posted:

My old roommate leads the drumline for Reign. He loves doing it and the team's been real direct supportive of them (buying them drums to use, comped tickets to every game, etc.).

That's awesome! Awesome too that the team is supporting him too.

Decent strike, but Naeher had it all the way.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

That was the least drama yellow I've ever seen.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Julie Ertz is real good.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Reign have been a touch unlucky, but yeah, the Red Stars seem like a much better team.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, that'll do it.

tho' 3-0 might be the most dangerous score.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 28, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Having watched the Red Stars vs the Courage, the Red Stars look like they're in fantastic form.

Also, how the gently caress is the USWNT pulling players away from their clubs at the end of a season for a 10 (!) game victory tour starting this coming week? So frustrating.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I know, and what truly galls me I guess is that the players will get paid less for any individual game that than the USMNT gets for being thoroughly poo poo on by Jamaica or Honduras in a friendly.

As for the Reign, well, this was a case of sometimes you et the bear, and sometime the bear et you.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

There's a lot, and I mean a lot of legit complaints about Jill Ellis, but the fact remains that she did guide the US to two world cup trophies. I wonder who's going to step into her shoes.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm still waiting on my Rose Lavelle jersey to show up in the mail. Ordered it right after the WC final, so that I didn't have time to think how much money I was spending. First official jersey I've ever bought despite being a giant baseball fan since I can remember. Suck on that, US Soccer's attorneys! Equal pay!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Washington v Chicago this Saturday, big game for both. Spirit need a win to stay in the playoff hunt, Red Stars to go atop the table.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Zwachro posted:

More Euro stuff:

Thanks! Updated the OP!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Up the Courage! gently caress up them Olympiques!

also:
https://twitter.com/thrace/status/1162880205767282688

:hmmyes:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

They came back to win it 3-2 on a Melissa Johnson hat trick.

That sounds like an amazing game! Any place to watch the highlights?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The cutback pass on the third goal was pretty good too.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Atlanta would seem like a good fit for a team. Big metro area, well supported MLS team, plenty of venues to play at. Would still really like to see a team come back to Boston at some point, but the last thing the league can afford is overexpansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Well, that explains how Orlando has been so poor- they're coached by a simpleton that they can't respect.