Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Got some work to finish but I'm gonna start running logi. This time maybe I can more actively engage the goon effort. I'm on Discord but haven't joined the Clan yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

new war is delayed lol

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Gosts posted:

new war is delayed lol

New war same as the Old war.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
New and Improved!!! start time at the moment is 3:30 p.m. EST

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
War is not on going, smoke grenades seem to sadly have been put on hold due to them breaking.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

MREBoy posted:

New and Improved!!! start time at the moment is 3:30 p.m. EST

not EDT?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tonight I had enough of some Colonial who thought he was so smart slapping a bunch of barbed wire against the walls and gaps in the Scarp town, so I think I did a record breaking dismanting rampage of seven or eight racks of barbed wire under fire?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Early war fighting is hilarious and awkward. Mostly rifle skirmishing until some rear end in a top hat brings their grenade friends or some lunatic runs a truck into the firing line.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Especially in urban combat, when gas grenades and SMG are added.

Welcome to the sudden crop of new players as well as few old hands coming back for the coming campaign, if you are confused please check the pinned content in the discord guides section and ask questions here too.

If you are wondering whats up, we're currently in the resource logi boom phase in which we scrape up enough BMATS to ensure later on in the camapaign we can produce the gradually unlocking technology. When that is done, we'll be able to set up and roll out artillery support and do raids behind enemy lines.

In the next few days the official goon bunker base will start construction. Don't be afraid to ask on Discord or with the Squad chat on what you can do to help.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

Spent the evening in Maiden's Veil, building fires and thawing things out before heading into Marban Hollow to thaw out and return trucks. Found enough of them on the road that I built a network of fires all the way down to the furthest southern fort then leapfrogged them back to the port in Veil. All in all, a good night. It was really rewarding seeing trucks I returned coming back out of Maiden's Veil to do logi.

Anyone wondering how you can contribute to the boring end of the war effort, spawning back in the logi zone and generally cleaning things up can be pretty useful. Refining fuel into petrol and using petrol to fuel the mines is also a good use of time.

If you want to run actual logi and supply the front lines here's an excellent youtube guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q80NhfEOEGQ

It will tell you most of what you need to know to be effective at logistics. We don't have sledgehammers tech'd yet, so you have to make do with the hammer. When we get sledges (and later harvesters) the use will be obvious.

Gameko fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 27, 2021

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

And in the "We didn't see that coming :stare: " department the devs are apparently having a livestream session tomorrow at 2 PM Eastern. Things related to Update 44 are on the menu + usual Q&A Riot where they ignore most of the more serious questions from people.

https://twitch.tv/foxholegame

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So the front is getting thirsty and nobody seems to want to Blue Ball Express ammo grenades and shirts so tonight/weekend maybe we get together and run some stuff to a vital front?

Only this time lets not stumble into a tank action.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

I'm down. I love doing logi. Eastern USA time zone.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Coming update has some good stuff, we're getting a two player light tank variation of the Scout tank with a 30MM cannon, and the Colonials are getting a enclosed 30MM cannon tankette.

Also, high velocity end game vehicle focused push guns, push gun buffs around the board for older models and Garrison upgrades swapped from tech tree to base upgrades.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

This week I learned that there is a 300 crate limit for bmats in storage depots. Guess I have to turn my bmats into material like gas filters and stuff then.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So some teasers of some of the new stuff in testing in the dev branch for those who don't have time to watch stream:

The Warden 30MM Light Tank:

The High Velocity Field Cannon:

The plans for all push field gun weaponry rework:

The model replacement for our bolt action rifle:

The generic pan magazine replacement for Warden vehicle guns:

lovely akward filter being worked on:

Also this evening we're thinking of doing some convoy duties to the fronts needed so if interested lets maybe assemble in Discord and make plans?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

The current laffo OP thing in devbranch right now is that the new Warden HV 40mm gun is apparently some sort of Death Star grade railgun. Apparently vs structures it's slightly less damage per shot than the Colonial Ballista tank 250mm, but factor in the 40mm guns more than 2x difference in fire rate and you can see where this is going :wtf: :stonkhat: . And the new MPF bonus on wheelchairs means we get 25 units of gun per max MPF run :getin: .

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Don't be afraid to ping me in Discord to make sure your depot boxes don't expire. I legit am doing nothing IRL right now so I can check.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
*pokes with stick* cmon go on sale already

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well after this war which might end in a week away we've got the upcoming update that is adding a bunch of new light tanks and some other tweaks/early war stuff/QoL so maybe it will be given a minor discount then.

But this weekend we're preparing to do an artillery battery operation, we're going to donate our obscene amount of 120MM shells onto some Colonial position which will need a good stonking. Details of what are needed and where we are shipping them too are in the Discord channel, come along for the ride.

We might need to wait outside a conflicted region but when we get in will be a great time. Lets get some guns going.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I'm a little confused about how to be an effective logi at this stage... I watched the video posted above, which was great, but when I deploy somewhere I never know where to get a truck or how to setup an efficient way to supply the front. Refineries seem very rare in much of the map. Pretty much all I know how to do is deploy in the main base in the north, and do a loop of collecting scrap to turn into bmats and such up there. I suppose my question is, what is the best way to get needed resources to the front?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We pick a town to host our logistics efforts and spread it about, trucks loose and crated are stored there. We list these in a channel on the goon Discord.

Best way to discover what is needed? the Logistics chat channel always has somebody sweaty demanding something, look at the map and the population. You can hover your cursor over town halls/bunker bases/relic bases to see what is inside it gives you a pop up panel.

You can also rely on just giving the basics to the nearest front line if you don't mind waiting, shirts, rifles and rifle ammo and BMATS if you want to do quick and dirty logistics.

If the logistics region has a garage and a refinary swipe some basic materiels from the loose public section on the right panel of the interface and stash them in a garage and build yourself a truck, it is only one hundred.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Why does crude oil have to be such a pain in the rear end to move from oil well to refinaries? :shepicide:

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Because Clapfoot logic is that it is better to put the the oil into 55 gal. drums and loading 15 at a time into a truck instead of filling up the vehicle that can hold 20,000 liters of liquid.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

And in other news, the Update 44 DevBranch has come and gone, with it having been closed down about 1.5 hours ago. Original notes & the only set of changes below:

https://www.foxholegame.com/post/update-44-dev-branch-released

quote:

Gameplay and Balance Changes.
-135 Nevile Anti-Tank Rifle renamed to 20 Nevile Anti-Tank Rifle
-Mortar, Mortar halftrack, and mortar light tank are more accurate at maximum range.
-Green ash throw range has been reduced.
-No 2. Loughcaster item icon updated.
-Removed MPF bonus for field weapons.

Bug Fixes
-Traveling between regions near the bulwark puts the player on the wrong side of it.
-Mass Production Factory typo.
-White Whale front texture when under construction
-Trench connector terrain hole.
-Bunker Base terrain hole.
-New field weapons can’t travel up hill.
-T20 “Ixion” Tankette doesn’t smoke when disabled.
-Emplacements can’t be deployed into trench emplacements that are connected to tier 3 trench connectors.
-AI weapons don’t perform retaliatory fire at field weapons at night time.
-"Dusk" ce.III firing beyond maximum range.

Map Fixes.
-Deadlands: Abandoned Ward river cave rocket spotter location.
-The Moors: Players could stand on the river bed.
-Westgate: Lost Partition pitfall trap.
-Marban Hollow: Freighters Evergreen-ing the river near The Curse
-Reaching trail: Floating campsite and fence.
-Farranac Coast: Victa players could dig a trench into a road.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So uh yeah slight setback with tanks showing on the scene and shoving us back a little, but hey this makes our plans for our weekend artillery operation all the more easy.

Also, Clapfoot are changing their name now to Siege Camp.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

We probably should think of building up a goon base given how atrocious some of these bases are. :v:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We do need to choose a place to make our stand soon.

They've been chewing up the road to Rime these last few hours, those BB we captured from the Colonials utterly dust and rubble now.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Ambulances make for great substitute LUVs and they only cost bmats so it doesn't matter as much if you lose them. They're also good crude oil carriers ime because of how faster they go then trucks.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I do love the siren sound too for both.

Anyway, tonight might be the best time to begin out artillery operation we've got plenty of guns, shells and transport and it might be the time to do multiple support or defensive operations, maybe begin EU evening time and keep the fun going for the Americans to show?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

War's over lads, now we prepare for the new war.

Our goon boxes had a decent amount of stuff in them but getting anything to happen with any effect seems to be like pulling teeth because of the lack of concurrent population. And of course as the war dragged on the combination of being overrun and apathy meant the stockpiles either went public and got burned up or became part of the colonial lootbox extravaganza. In other words we had the logistics but outside of small scale stuff we don't really affect the game that much.

We should probably adjust for this by switching to more engineering orientated roles. Build encampments for watch tower networks, build bunker bases for providing defensive lines, and getting our spiffy goon fort some storm cannons to ruin a collie's day while also providing ambulances, LUVs, and spitfires for our more road-gently caress inclined people to shoot up their rear line trucks. Plus all this work would tangibly be on the map which could help with the aimlessness I've been seeing happening.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

war 76 made me feel like the overconfident villain in a shonen manga who immediately gets his face broken in after establishing that he's scary

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

I was very confused by the seemingly sudden Colonial victory. I was told the map layout favoured the Wardens due to logistic lines (or something) and from my own experience most of the Colonial fronts were annoying snowbound hellholes. Five days ago the Colonials had been pushed back on all fronts. Then... something happened in the east?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Breakthroughs happen sometimes and they can snowball fast, especially once colonials are able to get around behind the mountain chokes which are usually the only fortifications that wardens need to build.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jeremor posted:

I'm a little confused about how to be an effective logi at this stage... I watched the video posted above, which was great, but when I deploy somewhere I never know where to get a truck or how to setup an efficient way to supply the front. Refineries seem very rare in much of the map. Pretty much all I know how to do is deploy in the main base in the north, and do a loop of collecting scrap to turn into bmats and such up there. I suppose my question is, what is the best way to get needed resources to the front?

Honestly during that last war, you could have been perfectly useful just driving containers worth of crated supplies from Brodytown to the other goon stockpiles further south, and then trucking them to the front lines from there. We had a TON of poo poo squirreled away in Brody for most of the war. If you see me online, poke me (username is the same in game, on steam, on discord, etc) and I'll show you what I know. Logi distro can be fun; Like Eurotruck Simulator, Ice Road Truckers, and Running With Rifles had a weird baby with menchildren screaming in the backround.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

New war has been declared, get in on the action if you can.

EDIT: And here are the patch notes!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 9, 2021

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Today was a fairly productive day for Wardens across the map. The big news item was a multi-clan co-ordinated :zerg: bulldozing of Tempest Island at war start. As of this message only one section of Tempest remains green and it's a section that can't really be supplied by water. Other gains were made in Marban Hollow and Endless Shore, but these were offset somewhat by the loss of a good chunk of Oarbreaker. As to game changes the big unexpected :asoiaf: change was that player built Field Hospitals now have their own cross icon on the map, no longer are they unintentionally camouflaged as a radio tower. And there was much rejoicing.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ah raiding, three lightly armed goons managed to land in Colonial territory via motorboat, put a tower down, disable two trucks and their drivers and managed to salvage shirt crates all for the price of three shirts.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Ah raiding, three lightly armed goons managed to land in Colonial territory via motorboat, put a tower down, disable two trucks and their drivers and managed to salvage shirt crates all for the price of three shirts.

Excellent! I'm hoping to be on tomorrow evening, I was on a bit tonight to start cooking emats in Rime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So Danaan has volunteered to begin the construction of a defensive series of fortifcations near Rime to attempt to prevent the Colonial forces from shamefully overwhelming is like the last war, how can you you help you ask?

First off, the location! it is here:

Both cores will need a constant stream of Garrison supplies and other things to keep the wolf of decay from the door, It will also need those willing to idle and vote for the certain upgrades. Plans are in effect to turn this into a possible Storm Cannon if we can if the war shifts out of our favor and we need to protect the factories and logistics of the region.

Danaan will request help if needed in the Regiment chat channel and provide updates/discussion in the Discord objectives channel. If interested in sapping, check out the pinned guides in the links and guides channel and when you got the know how volunteer to build a beautiful fortress.