Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

recently bought foxhole and here's my thoughts on it.

its really unique game, its not a fps really but more of resource management game. The things you do in the game matters a lot I already encountered 2 examples where my tiny actions mattered.
in deadlands I was doing artillery and busted several bunkers up and killed 3 apc's that lead my team to gain ground on it (it was temporal win however).
in linn of mercy i managed to rpg a halftrack 1 second before i got backstabbed by enemy soldier leading my team to regain a foothold on that area.
These wins might sound small but managing to do things at just the perfect times is what this game is all about.
However even if you win in one area doesnt mean that you have won it permanently. Push too far with your momentum and you will outrun your logistics and get gunned down by enemies that push into rear of your advancement from another part of map, so there is bit of strategy involved in pushes and defenses.

Now for the bad minor things that are annoying.
- there is no way to mute specific voice chat. So on one side you have goons talking and it gets garbled by local chat shouts., on other side you have local chat shouting important stuff like artillery azimuths and distances and you cant hear it because group chat is talking over it.
-UI is trash. Who on earth thinks that white on grey is good color scheme?
-UI is trash. What do you mean i can quit goon squad with single click without any kind of confirmation while trying to shoot an enemy with rifle.
- Naming everything to be lore friendly is super annoying. for example there is RPG shells that can only be fired from cutler launcher. There is also shell called AtRPG which can only be fired from bonesaw's. It would be much better if those things could be called something like cutler rockets and bonesaw ammo. Another example there is regiment chat, squad chat, region chat. can you tell which one is the goon group chat?
--UI is trash.
-lore has unintentional yikes moment where there is great general in past of germanic wardens, what they were going for was Paul von Hindenburg but i bet you thought of that other guy.
-there is no feedback for hitting stuff with artillery. Expect when you hit friendlies

back to positives.
-community is super helpful and i have not encountered toxicity yet. You can yell in local chat that you need help to turn artillery and random pubbies will help you obediently. Voice chat is really chill as well
- maps are rather varied and there is lots of neat spots and tactics you can do
- wardens and collies are different in terms of equipment so you get asymmetry in warfare.
- logistics is important part of war. Same with stopping logistics with partisans

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jul 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Delacroix posted:

New wardens need to step up their game, colonial newbies lost three halftracks to an AT turret in broad daylight. Iron junction has been a valuable training ground for both sides.

guess who build those AT turrets in iron junction :smug:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Krynn posted:

Here's two great reasons for us to use Discord over in game voice chat:

1) Voice attenuation. It's incredibly difficult to hear the people I want to hear talking because the game makes no effort in separating out squad voice and local voice.

2) For whatever reason my dumb mic sounds completely awful in game and fine in Discord. I know there's at least one other person who doesn't talk in game but can use Discord fine who is in our squad.

I probably should just buy a new microphone, but for now it's not very fun trying to do front line stuff with goons and being unable to voice chat.

2 is too high volume. Basically mic starts to sound absolutely garbage in foxhole when its volume is too high.

also extra pro's of discord
with U key you can mute the local chatter in foxhole, so you can actually hear what is spoken in discord without pubbies blasting it with local chatter.
it would also enable us to use squad chat for something else. Like joining temporal arty squads that form up in frontlines.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

allods bight was insanity last night for both sides.
Wardens take half of the scurvyshire without any bunker bases build up. Colonials counter by pushing with 3 halftracks and those die to cutler launchers but it aint enough since there is even more halftracks driving forward.
Wardens get pushed back to border, and enemy halftracks retreat. Causing wardens to pushback again, this time flank was empty and collies pushback from the hill losing 2 more halftracks in process, but wardens counter that push. Some pubbie yells that he found empty flank for 40mm pushgun. Pushgun follows the pubbie and 3 minutes later returns from fog of war as enemy pushgun. flank then gets flanked and gets pushed back.
Back at frontline allied halftrack drives past me being chased by enemy spitfire. I rpg enemy spitfire chasing the halftrack. Jump into next trench and rpg apc as well.
flanks get pushed in but frontline advances as well, and both sides lose a bunker base. Both pushes get countered and situation resets once again.
Wardens push out again getting shelled by mortar trucks. Situation becomes pure chaos enemy sends in more halftracks that get bonesawed. enemy pushes into trenches while we also jump into their trenches. both sides die in trenches. flank gets captured by enemy then gets pushed in by wardens that then manages to push into enemy flank. I get tired of constant halftrack in the flank so i place 15 mines in the flank. And that basically ends enemy attempts to drive halftracks into our flank.
both sides have artilleries firing but slowly overtime collie artillery battery gets bigger and bigger. It leads to situation where ppl are dying in backline while frontline is crushing the enemy. wardens drive back 3 mortar trucks from the frontline.
And in the end collie battery got big enough to hit multiple locations at once, leading into loss of allods. I log off and log back in 1 hour later to find allods border recaptured with insanity ongoing again.

https://i.imgur.com/jq8dyRo.mp4
(pay attention to bush im in)

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

my viewpoint on tech as frontline newbie.

early stages wardens stronger due to infantry weapon superiority.
Collies get ISG while wardens get RPG, pushing the balance in favor or collies, because its much harder to lose ISG while wardens pte's drop tons of tubes for collies (best scavenge trips i have picked full crate worth of rpg's from field).
Light tanks on wardens again pushed things to warden favor, but that lasted only 24 hours.
Collie vehicles are way stronger than warden vehicles, but it aint because of stats. Its the price point. Example i was fighting at allods and enemy tanks just kept rolling in faster than i could kill em. Literally running out of rpg shells before enemy runs out of pushing vehicles. Enemy can afford to lose 7 tanks to my rpg and it wont even stop them from pushing, Wardens cant afford that kind of negligence. Similar experience in battle of iron junction with collies wielding 14 tanks there at once.
warden artillery has also been superior this war, but that is harder to quantify as frontline newbie.

Overall its collies strategical/base building thats been their weakness this war when compared to last war. Which has allowed wardens to snowball a bit (until devs turned on warden nuclear winter)
Another big change this war has been warden population boom during low population hours.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Rynoto posted:

Spatha only cost 5rmat less than a Silverhand - 165 v 170. You see so many because they get MPF'd and handed out to anyone with a half decent pulse.

MPTs caused such a rage that they've been against ballistas most wars since.

maybe wardens just hoard tanks for inactive clans. But yeah collies field like 10x the amount of armor wardens have. At least thats what i have been seeing in frontlines.
Anti tank is effective but it does seem like collies absorb the material costs too easily.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

skaianDestiny posted:

Also a fuckton of Warden alts messing up our logis. Real classy y'all.

im guessing its actually collies trying to recruit for shard 1 since that war just finished with them losing. I imagine warden side is experiencing similar thing on shard 2.
I feel like shard 2 in general is really bad idea in a game where numbers matter, hopefully they can enlarge the game map a bit in next patch. Or even restrict one side from joining the other shard when the war finishes

i also predict that next war is going to be steamroll collie victory in shard 1.

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 11, 2021

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Rynoto posted:

So the entire tech trees of both factions got posted from the last war which means it's time for more reasons why the current tech system is stupid and devs shouldn't be allowed to rig them. Alternatively (or also): Remove asymmetry because it's terrible and will never be balanced.

T2 - Pitch Gun vs Fuscina for colonials. The two worst guns in the game on the same tier as the wardens getting SMGs.
T3 - Liar vs Cutler for Wardens. Liar is just a worse version of the SMG they got at t2.
T4 - ISG vs Lionclaw(SMG) against each other just for the extra gently caress you on automatic weapons. Bonus: Wardens AT flask not being auto unlock for ~reasons~. Bonus: T5 is when Wardens got the 40mm field gun from vehicles.
T8 - Dusk vs Bane for Colonials. The best SMG vs the best colonial AT Rocket Launcher. Two tiers after bonesaws. And the first non-heavy automatic weapon for the war that wasn't against the required ISG.

t5 - 250mm on Wardens and MHT on Colonials. MHT and mortars in general are still mostly a joke despite a few buffs. Still a weird tier decision.
Now here's where it goes off the rails
t7 - ATHT for Wardens vs ATAC for Colonials. This tier is so egregiously unbalanced it defies belief. ATHT should not be this early and the ATAC should not be this late. ATHT completely trivialized FATs/EATs until proper armour was fielded at t9 and even then it's still very good until assault tanks at T12 for Colonials (more on this soon).
t8 - The two 30mm "tanks" against each other. If you haven't seen the colonial one it's for a good reason as it's worse in every way than the Warden one and should be a tier or two earlier (and still likely wouldn't be teched). With that said Wardens should have gotten GB here anyways because both 30mm vehicles aren't that good.
t10 - SVH against nothing for Wardens while Ballista is vs MPT for Colonials. Ballista is 100% required to fight concrete while SVH is far and away the best Warden tank and arguably best all around tank.
t11 - Autotech Ballista (and a lovely light tank variant) for Wardens. While Colonials are Kranesca vs LTD. LTD is essentially required now despite the massive armour buffs. So another tier without a tank remotely capable of fighting SVH.
t12 - HTD alone for Wardens. Spatha alone for Colonials as a capstone two full tiers after SVH.

This same war was also the one where they buffed armour heavily which has led to late-game warden armour (SVH, HTD mainly) having a decent chance of deflecting 68mm and a high chance against 40mm.

I just want old tech tree back :(

comments from facing those.

ISG is stupidly powerful and directly compares to RPG's expect collies wont lose isg's as easily as wardens lose rpg's, also rpg crate costs more than spitfire.
pitch gun was the thing i wanted to find the most. Its perfect secondary for medics and tank commanders.
MHT was major pain in the rear end for us, im just glad that only few used those. 250mm push gun has 25meters of range.
also collie acheron is hilariously superior to warden mulley. Has gun that can shoot over side while wardens dont and cant shoot over sides
collie rpg jeep is also really powerful fortunately for us those were used poorly this war.
30mm tanks are really underrated those things cost pennies when compared to 40mm tanks, it basically shoots frag grenades as shells .

and final point everyone seems to forget that is outside tech tree balance.
Weather really favored collies this war, and most likely weather made some wardens quit entirely. Its also reason why this war lasted so long.

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 12, 2021

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/uM1XEnU.mp4

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

MREBoy posted:

It has been suggested to me that this thread might get some more traffic if it was in MMO HMO versus in general Games. This might get thread traffic up a bit since this game satisfies the "MMO" part for that sub-forum.

So what does the thread think ? YEA or NAY ? Vote in a reply!

its simple is the game a mmo?
I think not the scale of battles aint massive the scale of war is.
single zone supports around 1700 player deaths per hour thats around 28 dying every minute, after that the queue gets rather ridiculous, i would estimate that there is only around 300 players per zone when its maxed out.
the game does have eve kind of allure to it aka player driven everything, tactics that matter macro and micro aspects , logistics.
I think the game is more visible in games sub-forum however. At same time atlas which is pretty similar to foxhole is in mmo hmo

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Mayveena posted:

I identify as female and my voice sounds very female (and Black for those who listen for such things) . Any hope or should I expect non stop toxicity in this game?

I only have heard N word once and it coincided with alt account teamkilling a lot with gas grenades 2 wars ago.
i have heard some ladies in voice coms and i have not noticed anything toxic so far

Overall foxhole community is weirdly non toxic, most likely because game lacks scoreboard and pissing off logistic player is a bad idea.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Arsenic Lupin posted:

So any time I see a vehicle, somebody has been clicking a button hundreds of times to produce it? Or is there a faster method than the one in the tutorial?

I use wrench on locked truck, much faster. (if i can find one)

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

A break down of each of our coming Warden uniforms and what stacks with them:

These cost BMATS to make, so I am thinking for new players/those than have a mild interest in production and logistics should focus on these in the near future as we always have a surplus of BMATS because they are easy to get and cook.

Also we got a battery of 150's we should use ASAP chilling in Stone Cradle, any of us going to be playing live tonight or sunday so we can do something?

i bet the costs might be dev branch placeholders. Also you can do MPF orders on uniforms.
but like bunkers uniforms themselves are delayed in dev branch so we cant test them out yet.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Drone posted:

I will admit I would have preferred Colonials because I'm sure the Wardens by virtue of vaguely German-ish aesthetic attract a certain type of individual, but I'll make an exception for goons :v:

its pretty weird mix actually.
Like the more you play the more you notice the mixing.

Collies have german grenades. mix of soviet/german/british/american tanks american trucks, american/german (browning and H&K basic rifles) infantry weaponry,, and italian scenery.
wardens have american grenades. french tanks with german turrets german trucks. german/finnish/british infantry weaponry (sampo is actually one of finnish prototype rifles, and british piat) and german/french scenery.

feel free to fill in more.

here's SeanBeansShako talking about unforms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6OGKpAGXNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d-K5bfNe50

both sides being heavily influenced by german might be dev's trying to point out that both sides having same original weaponry before the endless foxhole war begun.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

When Siege Camp in their infinite wisdom decided to keep the storm going for three real life days half our logistics goons left the game and the other half didn't come back until we confirmed the weather cleared.

So yeah, there is that. Also, the weirdo tub thumper spurting bias to you lot neglected to remember that the Colonials had a dedicated wet weather uniform that keeps them form being stamina drained in mud when it gets rainy. We do not anything to deal with rain.

To be fair rain is kinda non-issue while winter is deadly.
But unfortunately its 10x more likely to encounter winter weather in warden side.
dev's either need to buff rainstorms or nerf blizzards. Like what if trucks got stuck to road if you stayed still on road for too long due to mud, and you would get it out of mud with a crane.
(seriously nerf blizzard)

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

LegionAreI posted:

I can just imagine logi getting stuck while waiting on a hex border for queue. That would just be absolutely mean, at least your truck only ices over if you turn it off!

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Drone posted:

On the Colonial side so far I haven't seen much Nazi poo poo at all and it's been very surprisingly great, how communicative and just downright decent people have been most of the time. Like, I've experienced more wholesome voice chat moments in the last week playing this game than I have in years in other games.

The worst I've seen on our side was a guy whose name was Oswald Mosley, and another whose name was "Hutler".

same experience with warden side. You can basically ask any passing pubbie to turn artillery gun and someone will almost always hop on to help you out.
however i can remember 2 times i encountered nazis.
First time it was collie alt yelling about gassing the j while tossing gas grenade at townhall racking up tons of teamkills which helped with identifying and reporting him. This happened during war 79 i think during defense of ogma
second time some guy made racistic remark in voice chat and instantly regretted it as other ppl dog piled on him on voice chat which was good thing to see.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Back Hack posted:

So, after converting a whole bunch of scrap to BMATs, I had some some fellow Wardens (as a Warden) block my truck, claim I was non-essential, then blow up my truck then told me to leave. Is this the norm for Wardens? I only have few hours in the game but jesus christ. :smith:

sounds like alts to me as well were they perhaps sgt or pte?
Like not only they were huge assholes they also wasted truck in logistic zone when we are constantly out of trucks in logistical zones (while frontlines have million trucks im repoing back to logistical lines)

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Demiurge4 posted:

From my experience it's next to impossible to make a difference in a battle as a solo player, but you can make big contributions by driving trucks of supplies solo. Once you get 3-4 people together however you can start contributing in meaningful ways by working as a team, though this only really starts once tanks and artillery is unlocked. Last night we were 4 people manning a single artillery gun, two on the gun, one moving shells by truck and a spotter. We managed to halt a tank offensive on our line simply by harassing them with the artillery gun and we became the primary target of a group of partisans who eventually destroyed our gun.

just wait for solo moments to happen. Last night we took down a enemy BB with mortar tank and some 120mm arty.
I also stopped enemy partisan attempts by driving their supply truck into river which most likely allowed more logi to survive, for couple of hours at least.
Bmat deliveries to a artied bb can also save the day.

that being said this war in particular has been incredibly passive, most likely due to imbalances in building and buffed ISG range.
https://foxholestats.com/images/history/videos/WC83.mp4
however this is all coming to end with tanks being on field and SC being teched, Im guessing that collies will tech SC first.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

OoohU posted:

Alternatively join us as colonials goons next war, it's foxhole hard mode and a GOONS outfit would probably be a huge boon so rather then feeling like a small cog in the machine of organized wardens, you all could be the machine that gives Colonials a fighting chance (outside of heavy dev intervention, which seems to be the only way colonials can get anything going) and feel the glory of a mobile 120m battery & the dusk.

ehhh i would say warden side is the hard mode with weaker equipment choices. Consider also the long win streaks collies has had, and the weather hell that is winter.
oh also no straight roads in logi zones inferior logistic trucks as well. Or flatbed blocking bridge like we had in marban hollow. Oh also straight fuckery to make war's last longer usually benefitting collies, remember the 2x lockheed frontier bases next to the road that dev's spawned for collies.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Triggerhappypilot posted:

1. Up until recently, collies had flat out better tanks. The armor changes helped bring warden tanks into a more competitive spot, but they have some pretty glaring weaknesses compared to collie tanks. I'm witholding judgement on the Outlaw and Bardiche because their damage models are apparently both bugged right now.

Ballista - Ok, the chieftain is now a better engineering assault vehicle, but the ballista is at least cheap.
Chieftain - Much needed for the wardens since we had crap anti-structure before satchels beforehand. It's a generally great engineering tank.

Again i'm not going to pass judgement on the bardiche and the outlaw before their models are fixed, but I think the outlaw is a lot more useful. The short 68 on the bardiche just doesn't make sense for how the rest of the tank is designed, and it gets outranged by the heavy field guns. The outlaw on the other hand gets the supremely useful HV40mm with max range, and even with its lower armor it's tough enough for what it needs.

2. Collies still get some exceptionally good weapons, like the heavy 68 which just eats up tanks. The ISG is still a phenomenal anti-structure choice because it uses bmats only (the warden RPG requires Rmats, which are pretty precious at that stage of the war). The colonial infantry guns used to be worse than warden equivalents, but they've now got great choices like the dusk. The collie AT choices are generally better than warden equivalents with perhaps the exception of the anti-tank rifle.

3. Wardens get a lot of niche-situation weapons, like the mortar tanks (why bother armoring something that sits 20-40m behind the front lines?) and the bonesaw (Fire at tanks over walls, but you better hope there's a wall in your way or the tank is going to explode you first.)

good post some feedback that i feel differently about

bardiche silverhand are pretty much equal.
silverhand is more flexible while bardiche wins in straight out dmg race due to its higher health and faster firing 68mm gun which has same range as silverhand 68mm gun, also 12.7mm gun on bardiche is also noteworthy.
and lot of niche anti-tank stuff is actually nice for wardens, i really like the sticky grenades white ash is situational but mostly useless. Collies lose in variety of niche useless AT thingies but have generally better AT stuff like the ignifist and bane. Basically making cost vs effectiveness situation. (which collies win because they capture tons of stickies while we get only handful of bane's)

ISG needs to be remade not because its exactly OP but because it stalls the game out completely. Both sides capture each others equipment and when ISG gets teched it just turns into isg vs isg snipe the structures fest which aint fun.
At same time rpg is more useful in late game than ISG since its mobile.
Like maybe isg should be more mobile shorter range mortar style gun that you fire from trench with something like 42 meter max range and you could aim it without bino's (ammo would be lot cheaper than mortar ammo since it fires 30mm which is also cheaper than rpg shells)

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEpr4NWlUg

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://foxholestats.com/images/history/videos/WC83.mp4

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

LegionAreI posted:

Four nukes? Talk about scorched earth!

all nukes got launched.
1 collie nuke hit the tankline at silkfarms
while siege nuke hit BB because the spotter wanted to nuke something, instead of passing the nuke to next spotter.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

Tonight we took 187 units of concrete and a mixer and returned several hundred mortar shells on the heads of the enemy.

https://i.imgur.com/1fGW5hh.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/AFLQn8r.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/uxlexGo.mp4

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

this war has been quite fun for me.
i have done some highly impactful decisions,
-when i made that base between woodbind and overland that lasted over 5 collie assaults.
-supplied 150's for that successful operation to takedown nugget.
-supplied 150's to cut down logi access to gale.
-destroyed several bb's with mortar alone.
- and finally pirated several ships in a apc at fingers.

It owns that this game is large scale, but single soldier can heavily affect the outcomes of battles.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Nine of Eight posted:

My day of combat involved 5-6 hours in a single gunboat with Dark Off, dropping absurd amounts of 120mm shells on the defenders of Therizo. Later that evening, I was running logistics through the baths and saved the town hall from a satchel rush, killing two colonials with my rifle and two with my fists.

verbal enema posted:

lol i was so hammered when yall was doing that

RIP TANKETTE

i had fun with my day off. first i was driving around with drunk gunner in a prototype tanks destroyed about 3 of those while killing collies.
then i did some arty ops in therizo until i found The Gunboat.
https://i.imgur.com/fQWc5aF.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/2y342NM.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/iTyrmAq.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/Xvyrf9G.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/oTQx1BM.mp4

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

According to goon sources several Colonial clans are going blue for the coming war so this might be a short one, though the coming patch has quite few tweaks and buffs enough that might scupper some of those plans.

We had a very strong momentum on zero hour day 1, we seized most of Saltbrook in record time.

Bad Man Larry might even go blue and while it is tempting we leave the poor bastard alone.

i expect the opposite as collies are receiving fairly major buff. And wardens are getting minor nerf. (giving collies better pve with rpg vehicles and more durable ISG, while removing hv40's pve which frankly wasnt seeing a lot of use)

For war91 retrospective collies tried something new with endless front by focusing on marban hollow instead and frankly i think that almost worked out marban almost fell.
it was way closer war in early to mid game, then collies collapsed in tempest and that triggered the rapid downfall.
https://foxholestats.com/images/history/videos/WC91.mp4

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

staberind posted:

I clicked on you're advert.
my reply.
wait 10
No.[edit, maybe, perhaps yes, this communal ownership: greifing thang looks cool]
(I came here expecting furry, gaping, inviting, quivering enterances, SON, I AM DISSAPOINT)
but not so dissapointed that i'm not going to have a read through the thread.
E the 2nd, ; I'm watching it on steam and the next time its on same i'll grab it. it looks pretty and fun.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/1VmaXSL.mp4
here's some gif I enchanted for visibility with corel videostudio. As you can see fire is absolutely devastating and its great that ppl run around on fire out of bunker base. with 120mm shells landing near the bb.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

yeah this war has been surprisingly balanced, especially considering how many things have changed
Unfortunately it has also meant that we are constantly fighting in lockheed. Colonials no longer have solid defense there, but thanks to geography its pain to assault still.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

RocketRaygun posted:

MSA 100% exploited the queue system when they destroyed Oster Wall. They had max population in Brackish Point and they were yelling at people not to cross into Marban while they RDZ Rail SC'd down the base. They did this to prevent Wardens from spawning in and repairing it.

It was complete and total bullshit.

But also, unrelated to that (and in the same vein), multiple times this war the game has disconnected every Warden zoning into various regions (Godcrofts, Endless Shore, Deadlands, Farranac, and Origin all suffered from this bug). Wardens were getting "Server is unexpectedly at capacity" while there were 100+ colonials in the region and only 20-30 wardens. I don't think Collies intentionally caused this bug but they sure are winning because of it. This bug was the reason Wardens were unable to take Saltbrook on the first day, and has plagued Wardens multiple times. Almost every colonial advance has been during one of these "Unexpectedly at capacity" times (largely because the game was letting all the collies in but disconnecting all the wardens).

to clarify this bit. Most likely both sides were affected by the bug.
But the bug didn't affect those that were already in the hex.

since this hasn't happened before i feel like new addition caused the bug.
My theory without any proof is that collies got a train full of collies over border when there was no queue's and the queue system freaked out due to massive population spike, breaking the queue for everyone.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

could be worse could be lockheed bridge.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

that would just mean that there is less traffic to this thread. which is fairly quiet already.

i like foxhole but it requires certain amount of mass to be fun, like 10 goons online per day to be fun.
playing completely solo just robs the cool aspects out of the game, like you dont have ownership on bases etc...

1.0 grind and fire really did manage to do heavy negative numbers on the game, and even when they fixed a lot of QOL issues with the most recent patch, it feels like it arrived way too late.

still i wish that some future update will increase interest towards foxhole as it is fairly unique game.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

The developers really don't communicate with the playerbase or have anyone do PR.

They host streams for the big content and project out but direct communication or interaction not a thing.

i dont think this is a bad thing.
They generally ignore balance suggestions, instead having their own vision.

The bad thing is the fact that they dont balance for balance
they balance on win rates. This has lead to some toxic feedback loop where one side has to cooperate a lot to achieve victory, while other side can solo hammer really good jack of all trades tanks which leads to less cooperation.

And cooperation in this game is one of key factors that determines if one side wins or loses.
couple of examples facilities in key defensive positions because you cant cooperate to produce general shareable resources.
major fortifications in one region sucking up several regions worth of msups to maintain (both sides have this problem but colonial side suffers from this more).
a lot of wasted resources in duplication because you cant share facilities or dont want to use public ones.
failed landing attempts because you cant coordinate combined infantry/tank operation. (landing is one of most underpowered/hardest thing in general).
Artillery shells for repelling attacks. (this could just be down to more effective warden partisans but it could also be lack of shared shells)

and on top of that losses reduce cooperation between regiments, which makes it even harder for one side to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Im not however saying that collies are playing worse. If wardens had this kind of equipment they would quickly devolve as well.

in general it only takes crew of 2 to man a collie tank and the mainstay collie tank can also carry bmats with it.
warden tanks require 2-4 man crew to operate effectively, i suspect this is also the reason why wardens do better on weekends as warden tank operations require more manpower.
There is also lack of variety in colonial side. You pretty much only see 4 types of tanks.

Spatha/falchion can do everything well, 2 man crew, spatha being more powerful but cant carry bmats and is more expensive/time consuming.
Ltd is a really nimble tank destroyer with great range, 2 man crew open topped
bardiche has commander operated LMG and short ranged gun with greater damage than silverhand. 3 man crew
ballista which only requires 2 to man and carries more shells than chieftain
Kranesca fast rarely seen tank excels at flanking i would only operate with crew of 3

warden side
outlaw requires 3 man crew has great range but low dps.
bonelaw great burst of dmg but really hard to operate requires 3 man crew main gun 7.92 and bonesaw that is tied to main gun orientation.
ATRlaw also hard to use great dps low burst damage 3 man crew has 12.7 as well.
silverhand great tank cant turn longer range than bardiche but requires 4 man crew and dps halves when attacked from side.
chieftain is ballista with lmg on top turns slow is bit faster has turret on top 3 man crew.
std has really powerful gun but has low dps is open topped, can repair from inside and suffers from silverhand flaws, 3 man crew
noble widow is slow 2 man tank destroyer that always fuel starved, but has a really powerful gun and armor easily flanked.

lower and higher rank tanks are more balanced with warden super tank being more useful (both supertanks are waste of resources).
battle tanks are kind of same with collies getting nasty td variant while wardens get flame variant of battle tank.

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 28, 2024