Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Rynoto posted:

The single most damaging individual on a team is a new player with a shovel. Not only are the trenches they build usually useless but it also completely fucks up the ability to build actual useful defenses.

If you really want to build trenches then you (almost***) never build the full size trenches and instead place down a pair of 1x3 (t2 Rifle Garrison, square/triangle middle piece, Rifle Garrison) systems close to each other then run a trench *connector* between the RG pieces (not the middle ones). That's a standard anti-infantry line and is far and away the most efficient use of bmats and space.

*** The almost never part is specifically for bridges which should only be built if absolutely 100% necessary - like for small choke points where there isn't a road. Random bridges are even worse than normal trenches for your defenses.

It's especially stupid as the devs could make it so builders don't want to continually murder new players if they added a way to remove lovely trenches and husks.

I agree with you entirely, except, don't trench connectors cost way more in terms of bmats? I think I read that somewhere. Is the short length of a trench connector that much more important than having a longer trench and saving bmats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Rynoto posted:

No. They cost the same amount of bmats. The only part that takes longer is the initial digging, which is free, but takes more 'digs'.

A trench connector can also be made a fraction as long as a normal trench which lets you stuff more RG in. The more overlapping RG fire the less effective HE rushes are and later on during tanks (like right now) it means you can stuff AT + RG closer together.

Oooooh ok I guess I misunderstood the cost difference, thanks for the explanation.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

They also need two more because i'm going to take marban hollow and endless shore back even if it causes me to die in real life

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

new war is delayed lol

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

war 76 made me feel like the overconfident villain in a shonen manga who immediately gets his face broken in after establishing that he's scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

don't jinx it