Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The other night I dreamed I made a raven friend by flicking some peanuts at a raven. Thinking I should start carrying peanuts around in case I come across one :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

I used to keep a dream journal.

One involved riding a space train full of aliens that stopped on different worlds. Some dumb tourists got off on one and suffocated to death in a hostile atmosphere.

Someone beat you to it. https://www.amazon.com/Night-Train-Rigel-Quadrail-Timothy/dp/1504027345

-------------------
Last week I dreamt I was in a Mission Impossible movie (a new one), and Ethan Hunt and I had to gather all the green paint in town. I woke up before I found out what the paint was for.

Previously, I dreamt that Jason Bourne was on a space ship, trying to steal a shuttle, but before he could figure out the controls, I came along and flew off and he had to come out of hiding and gather soil samples with me.

I've been watching too many spy movies.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if only

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Bumper Stickup posted:

I had a dream the other night in which a friend and I won a contest to hang out with Lowtax. He showed up, ate all of our food, and left.

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Ha, that is JUST like him too.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
dreamed i was observing multiple families on a super bus airplane, one family were all being psychically controlled by the father who was in drag, another was a neanderthal family that put a dwarf son in overhead baggage, and another was a family decked out in rainbow wingsuits and hoovering everywhere

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

OMFG FURRY posted:

dreamed i was observing multiple families on a super bus airplane, one family were all being psychically controlled by the father who was in drag, another was a neanderthal family that put a dwarf son in overhead baggage, and another was a family decked out in rainbow wingsuits and hoovering everywhere

this wasn't a dream you were just on an air australia flight

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Liberals finally had it with getting dunked on so they overthrew all governments but immediately the world devolved into a mad max hellscape with roving bands of raiders so pretty much everyone banded into little survivor tribes. We spent a lot of time hiding out in abandoned buildings and would talk about our old world politics but it was mostly a joke and we mainly just paired off and had sex etc.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
stuff like this doesn't bother me because I wouldn't think in a million years that a butterfly dreaming of being man, so to speak, would ever have imagined it would involve this much buttsex

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
When I was a kid, a recurring nightmare was that a sentient monster truck would try to run me over wherever I was in my dream. It was pretty loving scary.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I dreamt you were banned op

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Cubone posted:

stuff like this doesn't bother me because I wouldn't think in a million years that a butterfly dreaming of being man, so to speak, would ever have imagined it would involve this much buttsex

Then explain the popularity of butterflies among strippers and prostitites

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why

Soulkys
Sep 7, 2008

The beast of Tanagra
"You ever had a pinto bean so sweet it made your godgiven soul sing right from your chest?" the prospector asked

nobody answered, maybe they thought about beans or maybe they didn't.

"Well I have" the prospector tapped the side of his nose with a wily grin, "I have".

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Soulkys posted:

"You ever had a pinto bean so sweet it made your godgiven soul sing right from your chest?" the prospector asked

nobody answered, maybe they thought about beans or maybe they didn't.

"Well I have" the prospector tapped the side of his nose with a wily grin, "I have".

the doobie thread is > that way

naem
May 29, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

And you start to notice things around the room in your home are slightly different. Things aren't where you left them, and everything looks slightly "off". Words aren't spelled the same way on labels of things around the house, it's like a machine tried to replicate your life but could only get like 80% there correctly. That's usually the signal for me. I just ignore the shadow thing.

Then you wake up and you're sweating, and you have to look around at all the things that were different from before and confirm that you're in reality. It's pretty much living in a Freddy Krueger nightmare, but we do what we gotta do.

yeah when I have “nightmares” it’s usually just me going about mundane life tasks only gravity isn’t quite right and perspective is off, like reality hasn’t rendered correctly, and I feel slightly stressed like it’s a hectic weekday.

I mostly just ignore it and go about my “day” with an “Yeah I don’t have time for whatever is going on here” attitude

the other night some actual nightmare-y things happened, like people made growling monster noises at me, and I was entirely unimpressed and I said “ok this is obviously a nightmare and I’m not, fuckin’ 6 years old so just stop” and they got mad at me like “dude this is our job” and I was like “it’s not working, I have to get up and go to work myself in reality and i’m the one who pays the bills, remember?” and they got all sulky

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I had a nightmare once where i was devoured alive by rats

naem
May 29, 2011

Oh and I’ve had an ongoing dream series where I am a teenaged private detective in elf-land

i’m like a bad guy but i’m also a skinny teenager and I have a magic short sword and sometimes a crossbow? lord of the rings elf ladies are there and i’m a grizzled detective looking for clues

also it’s all really brightly colored and pg-13 feeling and my character doesn’t fit into the setting at all, also sometimes I turn into a purple hulk and can jump really far

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

naem posted:

Oh and I’ve had an ongoing dream series where I am a teenaged private detective in elf-land

i’m like a bad guy but i’m also a skinny teenager and I have a magic short sword and sometimes a crossbow? lord of the rings elf ladies are there and i’m a grizzled detective looking for clues

also it’s all really brightly colored and pg-13 feeling and my character doesn’t fit into the setting at all, also sometimes I turn into a purple hulk and can jump really far

hell yeah

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I once had a dream that I was living in a big haunted house, kinda like the one from House on Haunted Hill, except the mansion had been subdivided and was more like an apartment building. Eventually all the ghosts scared all the tenants into the center of the estate, where a courtyard lay.

It was at that moment I realized "hey I think this is that house from that movie" and in that moment I understood I was dreaming. So I said to myself "well i'm just gonna fly out of here" and I soared above the courtyard, above the house and all around it was blackness, like the world wasn't rendered, like the outsideof a video game level. Then I woke up

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

OnceAndFuture DILF posted:

I once had a dream that I was living in a big haunted house, kinda like the one from House on Haunted Hill, except the mansion had been subdivided and was more like an apartment building. Eventually all the ghosts scared all the tenants into the center of the estate, where a courtyard lay.

It was at that moment I realized "hey I think this is that house from that movie" and in that moment I understood I was dreaming. So I said to myself "well i'm just gonna fly out of here" and I soared above the courtyard, above the house and all around it was blackness, like the world wasn't rendered, like the outsideof a video game level. Then I woke up

gently caress, even your subconcious is lazy

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Yep I also had one where I was apart of the 2nd wave of a colonial mission to a distant rocky planet, where moisture had only recently been discovered. When we arrived we found the first ship stripped sitting in a box canyon and there was a great deal of hastily assembled infrastructure around its rim, leading to shafts in the cliffsides that had been discovered. We followed on half and discovered zombified colonials and bailed, whereupon the colonial survivors started plinking at us from their position on the other side of the box canyon. This time I won though, we got to an escape pod and blasted out of the canyon to rejoin the colonyship we arrived on

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

As an aside, I've become something of an active dreamer after the haunted house one, so these aren't things that happen to me but scenarios I build when I'm able to have agency in the dream.

It took a long time for my brain to make guns work. I shoot as a hobby in real life but in my dreams the guns were impotent and forever changing.

one time I was in a cabin where I knew there would be zombie trouble so I "remembered" that I had some guns out in the truck, and when I went out there, the truck was empty. Instead of just letting the dream do its thing I said to myself "ah yes here they are" and then pantomimed taking them out and bringing them inside the cabin.

Later when trouble happened the guns and ammo were there and then the dream gets kind of hazy I think i killed a bunch of zombies until something i couldn't fix happened and i woke up

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

JK Fresco posted:

Then explain the popularity of butterflies among strippers and prostitites
strippers and sex workers tend to embrace lepidoptera as a totemic symbol of transformation, while I was merely alluding to zhuangzi as a microcosm of the concept of imagined existence. respective correlations to anal sex such as they may be are unrelated and coincidental

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys, I'm all strapped (tucked) in and I'm about to enter the dreamsphere. As always, there's a chance I might not wake up, but if I do I'll try to come back with tales from the other side. Wish me luck, I'm going in

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Hey guys, I'm all strapped (tucked) in and I'm about to enter the dreamsphere. As always, there's a chance I might not wake up, but if I do I'll try to come back with tales from the other side. Wish me luck, I'm going in

damnit jesus get out of here, we tole you to stop taunting the normal people

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I had a dream ticks kept falling out of my moustache like 15 falling out at a time every time i tried to move and some went in my mouth. It was p gross and disgusting and probably the most unpleasent nightmare I've had

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I only really had one short dream where I broke something by causing a real life integer overflow where I was jumping but some how causes my downward velocity to remain 10 but my y position wrapped from 16 to 0. This caused me to be permanently grounded since I was still considered to be falling but wasn't able to move downwards.

Other than that the sleep was unfulfilling

Cubone
May 26, 2011

last night I dreamt that all of the grassroots american political groups that came into prominence in the last few years owned food places inside the mall, in the area where the haagan-dazs used to be. I went to the drink place owned by the dsa because it looked the most like a functioning establishment, and also I was thirsty. they had one of those really unclear minimalist menus you see in boba places or unnecessarily hip stores that just say something like

quote:

crush
blueberry
cherry
orange
avocado
mango
snow
rose
peach
arugula
lime
tapioca ±$.50
and you have no idea how you're supposed to know what a crush is or how it could be "rose"... flavored?

I was going to ask, but it was only me and the employees inside, and for some reason it felt awkward that I didn't really know any of them. they were all hanging out in a loose circle on the other side of the counter, standing or sitting either on the floor or on a mix of improvised and actual furniture, and they were talking about a 90's animated slasher movie that, I somehow knew, they'd all watched the night before, in a barren room with an off-white shag carpet, on a tiny little white crt tv that was now sitting on the glass countertop playing a black and white vhs tape with really bad artifacting/tracking, and I understood the tv to be the same one that used to be on the counter at a particular store in japantown that was constantly playing old ultraman shows
a young woman, an employee, came out of the back room and saw me staring at a shiny metal appliance somewhere between a juiceman and an espresso machine surrounded by colorful plastic facsimiles of the sort of drinks it could presumably make, as well as another, smaller, unclear menu, all on the other side of the glass. she asked me if I'd been there before.
I said, "just twice," and she said, "so you haven't, really," and walked away
not knowing how to order but for some reason embarrassed to leave without buying anything, I stood there for like 15 minutes pretending to study all of the different kinds of drinks they had, waiting for them to get bored of their conversation so I could ask them how to order a slushy blue drink that I knew I saw earlier but couldn't remember where and was trying to find again

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I dreamt I was in a fist fight with a neighbor and I kicked his rear end. IRL, he's a big dude and he could probably kill me, but he doesn't because we like each other.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Used to have a recurring dream that my grandma and I were in a warehouse, standing on top of an old truck, fighting off gremlins and critters with fire hoses. No idea WTF.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I dreamed me a and a couple guys were outside chatting about some strange happenings around town lately. I was laying on the ground playing with flowers for some reason. Anyway, some people are saying the strange happenings are caused by vampires. I read a lot of vampire books as a kid so I puff up since knowing all the rules for different types of vampires might finally be useful. "I've read every vampire book written in the last 500 years!" Then a vampire swoops down right in front of me! He says something, but I can't hear it over pounding of my heart.

I wake up, heart pounding, wondering what the vampire said. He was probably calling me a liar, because I definitely haven't read every vampire book written in the last 500 years. I haven't even read every vampire book written in english in the last 20 years. What a strange flex. What the gently caress, dream me?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I used to haved real intense ones but over time that's slowed down. Seems like they're coming back. Had one where I had a really hard time figuring out who in the dream I was

Started off with me holding some kind of vent tube, like the kind that are made out of plastic and you would hook to your dryer and have it blow outside the house to get rid of the moist hot air

except it was huge and I was outside aiming it over a wall towards a fox that was sitting in the snow and it was blowing cold black cinders all over it. There was something going on with it and it didn't look healthy at all. There were some other people around and we had to clear out creosote from chimneys or something and were using this rigged up system of air movers to just violently suck it out and blast it into the environment. After a few seconds the fox was not really down for this but didn't know where the cinders were coming from and kept looking around agitated and eventually ran

Some event happened with the air or the soil or something and we knew it would make you sick but were joking about it. Eventually went inside and ate weird generic corn chips and did shots and were talking about what it was that was loving people up. Came up with the theory that there was something in the vodka, like one of the kinds was purposely adulterated somehow with weird chemicals and not just the water table or whatever and we were drawing straws to figure out who would experimentally pound down this dangerous booze and become a hosed up mutant beyond what we were already, then everyone else would know what the deal was and could figure it out from there. Had a weird disease-eater vibe like when one person would sort of shamanistally take the pollutions off of the rest of the group, if you've ever heard of that poo poo.

But in reality I was actually on this grimy rear end suede couch and was watching this on tv. There was some kind of series on Netflix or w/e about these people in I think the Ukrane and it was about how the Russians invaded or whatever and everything got hosed up, but in reality it was about full extreme alienation. The actual main characters were these two chicks and one was some kind of artist and the other was in love with the first one but it wasn't happening

So I would go to this chick's house and watch it with her and it was a total hot couch situation where we would just watch these hosed up shows and chain smoke and drink coffee and get drunk. We would watch this show that was sort of like stranger things but sort of like dark, except it was a lot more grim, and we'd only talk in the gaps between episodes. Sometimes there'd be other people just randomly there or not there and her friends were all sort of offputting. Really she was too & the whole dream was full of these situations where everything was detached from everything else. Had a sense of looking at situations as if they were fully atomized and without context cause context wasn't real.

Last part was I missed the first few eps so I went back to them and it was primarily about those two chicks instead of the other characters. Eventually one was walking home along a canal that was full of trash and noticed there was a shadow moving in there alongside her and put her foot over the water. A big fish came up and bit her shoe and tried to pull her in but was too small and they were sort of deadlocked not really able to get out or pull the other one in.

The whole thing was so slick and weird how it shifted point of view I swear I could feel the fish teeth trying to get my foot but not making it through the leather at the same time I was laying on that grimy grey couch.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I dreamed I was eating a gisnt marshmallow

And when I woke up, my bed was wet snd smelled like piss

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I used to haved real intense ones but over time that's slowed down. Seems like they're coming back. Had one where I had a really hard time figuring out who in the dream I was

Started off with me holding some kind of vent tube, like the kind that are made out of plastic and you would hook to your dryer and have it blow outside the house to get rid of the moist hot air

except it was huge and I was outside aiming it over a wall towards a fox that was sitting in the snow and it was blowing cold black cinders all over it. There was something going on with it and it didn't look healthy at all. There were some other people around and we had to clear out creosote from chimneys or something and were using this rigged up system of air movers to just violently suck it out and blast it into the environment. After a few seconds the fox was not really down for this but didn't know where the cinders were coming from and kept looking around agitated and eventually ran

Some event happened with the air or the soil or something and we knew it would make you sick but were joking about it. Eventually went inside and ate weird generic corn chips and did shots and were talking about what it was that was loving people up. Came up with the theory that there was something in the vodka, like one of the kinds was purposely adulterated somehow with weird chemicals and not just the water table or whatever and we were drawing straws to figure out who would experimentally pound down this dangerous booze and become a hosed up mutant beyond what we were already, then everyone else would know what the deal was and could figure it out from there. Had a weird disease-eater vibe like when one person would sort of shamanistally take the pollutions off of the rest of the group, if you've ever heard of that poo poo.

But in reality I was actually on this grimy rear end suede couch and was watching this on tv. There was some kind of series on Netflix or w/e about these people in I think the Ukrane and it was about how the Russians invaded or whatever and everything got hosed up, but in reality it was about full extreme alienation. The actual main characters were these two chicks and one was some kind of artist and the other was in love with the first one but it wasn't happening

So I would go to this chick's house and watch it with her and it was a total hot couch situation where we would just watch these hosed up shows and chain smoke and drink coffee and get drunk. We would watch this show that was sort of like stranger things but sort of like dark, except it was a lot more grim, and we'd only talk in the gaps between episodes. Sometimes there'd be other people just randomly there or not there and her friends were all sort of offputting. Really she was too & the whole dream was full of these situations where everything was detached from everything else. Had a sense of looking at situations as if they were fully atomized and without context cause context wasn't real.

Last part was I missed the first few eps so I went back to them and it was primarily about those two chicks instead of the other characters. Eventually one was walking home along a canal that was full of trash and noticed there was a shadow moving in there alongside her and put her foot over the water. A big fish came up and bit her shoe and tried to pull her in but was too small and they were sort of deadlocked not really able to get out or pull the other one in.

The whole thing was so slick and weird how it shifted point of view I swear I could feel the fish teeth trying to get my foot but not making it through the leather at the same time I was laying on that grimy grey couch.

did you ever have dreams within dreams where you woke up from the inner dream and rationalized to yourself everything must be real because you already woke up

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I once had a dream about a bunch rats crawling all over my chest. I woke up to me drumming my fingers all over my chest and stomach. That was unnerving.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
one time I had a dream where I was fighting someone and trying to choke them to death and I woke up with my hands clamped around my neck

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I dreamt that Bernie Sanders starred in a Marvel movie. When he would go super his hair would turn to fire and when he came back to his campaign rally after beating up the bad guy he would say “Income inequality is the real evil”. I was pretty persuaded by his presentation honestly

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Methanar posted:

did you ever have dreams within dreams where you woke up from the inner dream and rationalized to yourself everything must be real because you already woke up

Brother, if this hasn’t happened to you hundreds of times, sometimes in a row, you ain’t sleepin’ right.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Methanar posted:

you should try to be hungover less. i get this when i take a hangover nap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
The other night Id been on the Korean food, cocktails and stout combo, so inevitably got the shits. I was so tired though that even while dropping my guts I was half asleep, the whole while convinced that I was pooping my life out of my rear end as a favour to one of the other inmates, as part of a greater scheme to escape. Like I was making GBS threads on behalf of another prisoner so they could steal some eggs undetected or something? I was having difficulty working out how me flaying my soul out of my sphincter could possibly help someone, and in a brief lucid moment thought "maybe it's just me making GBS threads because I need a poo poo?" Which I almost immediately laughed off as 'wishful thinking' (?!!??).