Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Gumball Gumption posted:

Lotta red flags here.

...such as?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Watching South Park.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Watching South Park

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol ok

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Had some friends over to watch it last night and everyone was yelling and screaming, reminded me of 20 years ago! I haven't had this much fun watching loving wrestling in decades.

That was great fun, Jungle Boy / Luchasauras totally stole the show. My girlfriend (probably yours too) is in love with Jungle Boy.... who i did not know was Luke Perrys son, lol.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Power Windows posted:

I can't believe we have to wait a month and a half for All Out :negative:

Thank God for the G1

The bad thing about the G1 is that it's so good that it makes me lose interest in all other wrestling. FFTF was a solid show but I still walked away from it comparing it to G1 Night 2, which was just a better all around show from both a quality and timing perspective.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
I really enjoyed the whole show. The only match I wasn’t into was Brandi vs Allie, but that wasn’t a bad match at all. I actually thought kip vs page was great.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Just realized this show had a Perry and a Priestley.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

karma_coma posted:

That was great fun, Jungle Boy / Luchasauras totally stole the show. My girlfriend (probably yours too) is in love with Jungle Boy.... who i did not know was Luke Perrys son, lol.

We have the same girlfriend?!

Mine loves him too, and so do I. I loving love that they're officially called "A Boy And His Dinosaur" now, and it makes zero sense for Marko to be with them but I love that, too. Jungle Boy riding Luchasaurus to the ring then Marko rising on Jungle Boy's back was amazing.

Luchasaurus was also my girlfriend's MVP of the night. That dude stole the tag match.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Power Windows posted:

Just realized this show had a Perry and a Priestley.

And you can't have a librarian without spelling!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Akileese posted:

The bad thing about the G1 is that it's so good that it makes me lose interest in all other wrestling. FFTF was a solid show but I still walked away from it comparing it to G1 Night 2, which was just a better all around show from both a quality and timing perspective.

G1N2 reminded us that RoH jobbed Jeff Cobb to Matt Taven in 9 minutes.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lid posted:

G1N2 reminded us that RoH jobbed Jeff Cobb to Matt Taven in 9 minutes.

if there's something fans of all stripes can enjoy it's laughing/sighing at roh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I didn't be raging about how Page was booked last night but has shown nothing that makes me believe he'll ever be a top star.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I thought the set looked amazing and wanted that venue to be like AEW home base it looked so good - so if he wants to dream about more poo poo from south park and it keeps turning out awesome then go for it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What's amazing to me is for a what, four hour show (counting pre-show), it moved at such an incredibly brisk pace.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Page Sabian won me over

But he still has the overall package of a WCW Saturday Night hand

He needs a young ward

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/gavinuk86/status/1150197227580788736

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pack it in

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The best way to rehab Marvez in the eyes of the fans is to heavily feature him in skits on BTE

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Weird. This looks like such a nothing kick.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I'm on board with the Librarians partly because I just learned that Peter Avalon held the SoCal Pro Wrestling Tag Team Titles with our own former SomethingAwful Dot Com poster Nick Lovin.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/1150407605489152001

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I feel like the thing confusing a lot of people is that matches like Page/White and Page/Cobb feel almost like they came from a completely different wrestler than Hangman's last couple matches. He's not wrestling like an insane firey babyface any more, he's just wrestling like a big man who's good at wrestling. But we've got proof from last year he can do more! It's very weird.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Uncle Ulty posted:

I'm on board with the Librarians partly because I just learned that Peter Avalon held the SoCal Pro Wrestling Tag Team Titles with our own former SomethingAwful Dot Com poster Nick Lovin.

Is this true?

Did you just reveal the identity of the third librarian?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the women's matches have been iffy since it feels like they're still learning how to work with each other. This though

idk how Dawson can throw shade at what is the best tag team division right now + being booked to loving lose constantly in non-tag matches which makes them look like geeks. but hey im sure the tag team main events tonight will be fire lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

DLC Inc posted:

the women's matches have been iffy since it feels like they're still learning how to work with each other. This though

idk how Dawson can throw shade at what is the best tag team division right now + being booked to loving lose constantly in non-tag matches which makes them look like geeks. but hey im sure the tag team main events tonight will be fire lol

I mean he’s clearly joking and has his tongue planted firmly in his cheek.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ganso Bomb posted:

Weird. This looks like such a nothing kick.

Uhhhhh she punts her in the head

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What music did Aja Kong come out to at Fight for the Fallen?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

One thing that scared me last night was I noticed this on all four ring posts, between the top and middle turnbuckles. Someone could've have been seriously hosed up:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tony Kahn loving pay for Walk the Dinosaur for Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

One thing that scared me last night was I noticed this on all four ring posts, between the top and middle turnbuckles. Someone could've have been seriously hosed up:

Yeah thats weird. Didnt someone do a post spot that would have hit that?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

These marks need to sign some drat super heavyweights like right now.

Jericho and Page are working on it.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Is this true?

Did you just reveal the identity of the third librarian?

Wikipedia lists his tag title reign with Nick Lovin - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Avalon#Championships_and_accomplishments

And I hadn't considered it, but I would absolutely be on board if they brought him on as the third Librarian. Especially if they introduce him nWo Third Man style. He comes to the ring during a beatdown, wearing a polo shirt and sweater vest, carrying a stack of books. But Marvez still yells, "But who's side is he on!?!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah thats weird. Didnt someone do a post spot that would have hit that?

matt jackson did the ol' "wwe spear into the corner whiff" spot yeah

whew yeah i hope they fix that before someone destroys their collarbone on it or something

e: i suppose you can slam into a tiny microphone without much of a prob, eh

shiksa fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 14, 2019

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Davros1 posted:

That's a microphone

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

EugeneJ posted:

Uhhhhh she punts her in the head

It's just a kick that happens like 100 times in a match. It doesn't look any different than any other time someone stomps someone, but obviously it is. I figured it'd have happened on a more wild looking kick but it always seems like it's the basic/freak things where a lot of injuries happen.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I was disappointed the Dark Order didn't use their gimps to help win the match. They're supposed to be a big legion, why not use them

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Davros1 posted:

Even if someone did die from it, the angle they would have created out of it would have been great.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

DLC Inc posted:

I was disappointed the Dark Order didn't use their gimps to help win the match. They're supposed to be a big legion, why not use them

They didn’t need to cause they won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I got waaaay too high last night and don't remember much of the show but I'm real glad I won't have to listen to commentary at All Out.

Jericho is starting to get that lifetime drinker red patina going. And the marker he used for blood on his hand was very obvious. I still don't give a poo poo about the title match so they better have some barnburner promos from both on Road to All Out.