Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What music did Aja Kong come out to at Fight for the Fallen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, call me out of the loop, but had something been done to rehabilitate Tony Schiavone? Last I had heard, he was a bitter old fart whose lifeless commentary had walked WCW to a final grave. And since then, he had done precisely nothing.

Did he do something good, and become an Always Good Commentator Actually?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

boar guy posted:

i dont feel qualified to comment on any of this really but a) SCU is corny as gently caress, don't know how y'all are buying in to that schtick and b) if they wanna make page look like a badass they should make his silhouette take up more of the frame when they shoot stills of him 'cause he looks small on tv

I will follow Christopher Daniels anywhere, that man is a god damned treasure

And yes, I’ll fully admit to being biased against Schiavone, but because I was a diehard WCW mark and watched it through the worst times, all the way up to the simulcast. I took in a looooot of his commentary. Yes, it must have super sucked to work there, but my memory was just that he was the “greatest night in the history of our sport!” Guy and the “we’re outta time, we’ll see you on thunder!” Guy. If he is actually good now, maybe I won’t knee jerk dislike him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

She ain't going hold anything for 11 seconds once her music hits:

As was said earlier in the thread, AEW needs to shell out for Jungle Emperor, because that's the best fuckin' theme song for the best fuckin' wrestler.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Did they announce Orange Cassidy as a full-time roster member, or is it still up in the air, or did Cassidy decline AEW? I can't figure out which way it looks like things went, and googling and forums-searching has proved fruitless.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Basic Chunnel posted:

That was an ROH rear end promo and you all need to stop huffing the gas

You’re real salty that nobody agrees with you about your wrong opinion, huh

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, can someone pretend that I have no idea what the gently caress is going on with cornette or why he is trending and explain it to me without glossing over half of it or just posting old man yells at cloud?

I looked at his twitter feed and there’s just a million sycophants sucking his dick about how cool and smart the old man is, the one who doesn’t work for a wrestling company, and he’s retweeting them all saying how much heat he’s getting. Isn’t the point of getting heat in wrestling to make money? AEW is making lots of money off of existing, does cornette think he is driving people to support them? Or...?

This whole thing makes my head hurt.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So if Maki Itoh's act is basically what is depicted in this video, I'm on board with them just importing all of it whole and bringing it right to American Tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taNiQedx2qY

Mix that up with Jazz and Awesome Kong and Nyla Rose and Britt and Tessa whenever she gets free. Wrestling is best when it is totally insane clashes of characters that seems like a massive MUGEN database on random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

It’s no Hansens Energy Drink or JVC KaboomBox.

I will forever regret that I never tasted the sweet ambrosia that was YJ Stinger