Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

NienNunb posted:

I Can’t Believe All Elite Wrestling Is loving Dead

AEW Discussion: See you at the Cross Rhodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ganso Bomb posted:

Weird. This looks like such a nothing kick.

Uhhhhh she punts her in the head

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Davros1 posted:

One thing that scared me last night was I noticed this on all four ring posts, between the top and middle turnbuckles. Someone could've have been seriously hosed up:

That's a microphone

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lone Goat posted:

I want Quackara with no Chickenbush

Ok now I'm thinking of a bird themed wrestling company, who'd be in it besides Koko B Ware, Road Warrior Hawk, and Will Ospreay?

Beth Phoenix

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Tommy Dreamer School of Economics

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

They don't want to run the same types of buildings weekly, they want different looks from time to time. Visual style change. They got positive reviews from the Fight for the Fallen look; visually intriguing

I hope they do shows from Hammerstein/2300 Arena and other small venues once in a while

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

It's a 5-year deal btw

lol I'll pretend you said 18

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

John Dudebro posted:

seriously, how much could it possibly cost to license a 30 year old one-hit wonder

i know the answer is probably still a lot, but tony can afford it

Even Listerine used a knock-off for their ad campaign years ago, so maybe the estate of the singer is hard to deal with or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAsPKl52Zo

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ibushi and Jungle Boy

JUNGLE LOVERS

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Puckish Rogue posted:

Golden leaves

Golden Loverboys

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

Punk asking people to treat him like a human being, what a poo poo. Proper business is done in person and concluded with a handshake. It’s etiquette.

Punk is the embodiment of Generation X

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
These Pipe Bombs Move Goal Posts™

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't know how surprising it is exactly but Dave says there's another PPV in the year after All Out. Don't know whether it'll be a thing like All Out where Americans pay or like Fyter Fest where we get it free

I just realized calling the live show from Jericho's cruise "Splash of the Champions" would be pretty good

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

karmicknight posted:

nWo Kenny G.

The Brown Note would be a great name for a finisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like to see stats on how many tickets sold were bought from locals vs. non-locals

Cody implied they're looking at web traffic and going where AEW has the most interest