Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
prime day
This poll is closed.
deals on tupperware 4 6.67%
bogo kitchen towels 1 1.67%
usb wall chargers 3 5.00%
48 ct boxes of quaker oatmeal 5 8.33%
4000 thread count egyptian cotton sheets two extra pillow cases value buy deep pocket 4 6.67%
glad garbage bags & moist wipes 2 3.33%
goku wall scroll 41 68.33%
Total: 60 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
It's that time of year again. I've never actually bought anything on Prime day. The deals seem alright, then again it's pretty easy to find things on sale at Amazon year round. If I could attribute one forums smiley to the event it would probably be: :shrug:

Then there's the whole boycott/strike thing going on for the next few days. I guess I could get some free karma points by sitting this one out, unless you goons know of some killer deals currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
bezos sucks. the only good deal was spend $10 at WF on some basic staples and get $10 off

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
honestly I think I might do the whole foods thing because i need some groceries anyway.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I had some toilet cleaner in my amazon cart that I didn't buy last night. I went to check out today and it was like $1.80 off as a prime day special.

E:

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 15, 2019

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I got a TV I was planning on buying anyway for 20% off :shrug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Support the strike, support the boycott

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Good day to buy some pointless bullshit and nudge us closer to the collapse of human civilization.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What about a strike? What boycott??

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

are hitachi magic wands on sale i sure could go for some "muscle relaxation"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
guillotine

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If my new TV gets here fast enough I guess I could always learn about the strike on the news I guess

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

What about a strike? What boycott??

against the wall scab

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
ah poo poo I was going to avoid amazon because of the prime days poo poo and I forgot and ordered a part to fix a screen door. It was either them or fuckin home depot, no way to win that one.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pick posted:

Easy enough when the deals are :effort:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:tif:

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Don't buy stuff you don't need.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

uguu posted:

buy stuff

The above post has been edited to conform with Amazon Prime Community Standards.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

stop buying poo poo from amazon*, you assholes, you loving dumdums

* in general

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
at least on prime day dont buy poo poo from them, workers are at least attempting a strike you dumb bitch

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I bought a total of thirty one (31) items today. With prime day savings, coupons, amex offers, and the whole foods rebate, I saved $92.41 bringing my total purchase to $876.83. I smartly looked at alternative sellers to find the ones with prime shipping but not from Amazon so I didn't pay sales tax.

It gave me the option to let everything arrive in only a few packages (I think 3) but it would delay most items because a few were slow or needed to be shipped ground. I opted for the fast method, resulting in eleven (11) shipments.

Anyone in the central Texas distribution centerrs, suck it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
so are those TVs just giant Fire tablets? can you block all the telemetry poo poo?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Boldly crossing the pickets for a "Free Ocälan" shirt on beloved Prime Day as to cement myself as the most fake woke man on Twitter

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Pick posted:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Bonzo posted:

so are those TVs just giant Fire tablets? can you block all the telemetry poo poo?

if you disable all wifi and blue tooth from the remote and the tv itself yeah

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Richard M Nixon posted:

I bought a total of thirty one (31) items today. With prime day savings, coupons, amex offers, and the whole foods rebate, I saved $92.41 bringing my total purchase to $876.83. I smartly looked at alternative sellers to find the ones with prime shipping but not from Amazon so I didn't pay sales tax.

It gave me the option to let everything arrive in only a few packages (I think 3) but it would delay most items because a few were slow or needed to be shipped ground. I opted for the fast method, resulting in eleven (11) shipments.

Anyone in the central Texas distribution centerrs, suck it.

"Yeop, we do things a little bit... differnt here in Texas (points pepper spray cannon at striking workers)"

:smug:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I want to support the strike but I am literally scraping the bottom of my barrel of lube from 55 gallon drum. I am only a human and this rear end in a top hat isnt going to fist itself.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Chinatown posted:

guillotine

Always a good option

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

it's clean out the warehouse day, nothing but trash and the prices aren't even that great.

prime day sucks poo poo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Damo posted:

at least on prime day dont buy poo poo from them, workers are at least attempting a strike you dumb bitch

But I saved $12 on an instant pot!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Chinatown posted:

guillotine

You can get virtually the same guillotine on ali but the blade's made out of pig iron instead of stainless steel. It's a step up imho

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Bezos' wife divorced his rear end and instantly became the 22nd richest person in the world lmbo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Stark Fist posted:

Bezos' wife divorced his rear end and instantly became the 22nd richest person in the world lmbo

would be rad if she made off with all that dough and became a labor activist but lmao no she prolly just buy a pedoph isle like everyone else

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

if you must buy poo poo on consumer holidays plz make sure it is used poo poo and has recently been farted on

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Don't know much about the former Mrs. Bezos, but I can only assume that if she cared about common folk it would have been him divorcing her.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if she ever had sympathy for the plight of the working class then she most definitely lost it after becoming disgustingly wealthy.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop
Apparently she's committed to The Giving Pledge, opting to manipulate people further through charity rather than just increasing wages and enabling workers to determine their own futures

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Don't know much about the former Mrs. Bezos, but I can only assume that if she cared about common folk it would have been him divorcing her.

:hmmyes:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I bought a crazy computer tower because why not? I have some disposable income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
This is probably my first post on the forums in maybe over 17 years. Please support the employees on strike, do not buy from Amazon!!!111!!11!!11!!oneoneone!!!11!!!1!!!!!