Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
prime day
This poll is closed.
deals on tupperware 4 6.67%
bogo kitchen towels 1 1.67%
usb wall chargers 3 5.00%
48 ct boxes of quaker oatmeal 5 8.33%
4000 thread count egyptian cotton sheets two extra pillow cases value buy deep pocket 4 6.67%
glad garbage bags & moist wipes 2 3.33%
goku wall scroll 41 68.33%
Total: 60 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
A spectre is haunting the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Don't be scabs you fucks.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jerry Garcia's Ghost posted:

This is probably my first post on the forums in maybe over 17 years. Please support the employees on strike, do not buy from Amazon!!!111!!11!!11!!oneoneone!!!11!!!1!!!!!

Support Jerry Garcias Ghost's effort to shitpost on this fine day by not buying useless poo poo from horrible dehumanizing megacorp TODAY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Baronjutter posted:

Don't be scabs you fucks.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Does being a scab mean buying something because oops

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I purchased a slave today. Not from Amazon, because gently caress prime day, but another store that just happened to be undercutting Amazon’s sale price on slaves this blessed day of consumerism.

It’s a robot vacuum cleaner. Guess we’ll see how long until it alley oops my cats to finally complete their life’s work, bringing cat vomit to every corner of my house.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Isn't it good to buy stuff on their busiest day so that they are hosed trying to fulfill all these orders on time? I bought something yesterday...

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Damo posted:

at least on prime day dont buy poo poo from them, workers are at least attempting a strike you dumb bitch

But wouldn't ordering a bunch of poo poo then complaining massively when it's late be more disruptive?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Anyway gently caress Amazon

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Imagining any physical item I want, finding it immediately, and having it arrive tomorrow is highly addictive.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Isn't it good to buy stuff on their busiest day so that they are hosed trying to fulfill all these orders on time? I bought something yesterday...

JK Fresco posted:

But wouldn't ordering a bunch of poo poo then complaining massively when it's late be more disruptive?

You guys are like doing some kind of weird joke that I don't get, right? I mean I really hope so, because the only alternative is that you are complete idiots!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Support the strike, support the boycott

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Chomp8645 posted:

You guys are like doing some kind of weird joke that I don't get, right? I mean I really hope so, because the only alternative is that you are complete idiots!

Their plan is to Zap Brannigan the Bezos money machine by sending in so many orders that the whole website goes belly up. Come on guys, this collective action will work. We only need a few more billion orders submitted today.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Clearly you should oeder a bunch of poo poo and then cancel the order later

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Also find Jeff Bezos irl and "Zap Branngan" him

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Just a few more billions and Bezos will reach his pre-programmed wealth limit and shut down.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Wrt Zapp Brannigan apparently some generals did play a version of chess where you couldn’t see each other’s pieces unless one of your pieces was right near it.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Chomp8645 posted:

Just a few more billions and Bezos will reach his pre-programmed wealth limit and shut down.

That's not what I mean

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i bought a goku wall scroll i don't know why anyone is making posts other than this

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
As someone who lives in Amazon town, I will add that everyone I know who works there (about 10 friends, all in offices downtown) absolutely hate their jobs and are constantly working weekends and nights. One recently had to switch teams because her manager was racist. It's a terrible company.

Support the strike!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want to throw Bezos into the Amazon River, preferably right before a big stretch of rapids followed by a waterfall.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Moridin920 posted:

I want to throw Bezos into the Amazon River, preferably right before a big stretch of rapids followed by a waterfall.

Do it you coward. It's the only way for you to earn our respect

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bring me Bezos and I will make it so.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Not ordering anything from Amazon to support the strikers.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I support the strikes.

Drone strikes, of all Amazon properties.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Chomp8645 posted:

I support the strikes.

Drone strikes, of all Amazon properties.

Nah just Jeff Bezos would be enough

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

You don’t need to personally murder a billionaire, just maybe wait until the strike and boycott end before you mash that dash button for a refill on doritos and vape juice. Or order from some other store just this once, even if that store also dehumanizes its workers, as long as those workers have not also chosen today to protest.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Por que no los dos

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

You don’t need to personally murder a billionaire, just maybe wait until the strike and boycott end before you mash that dash button for a refill on doritos and vape juice. Or order from some other store just this once, even if that store also dehumanizes its workers, as long as those workers have not also chosen today to protest.

Or how about just don't shop at Amazon ever

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark— the name of the beast or the number of its name. Here is a call for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and that number is 666.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Wait to support the workers are we supposed to buy more stuff or less stuff I’m getting mixed signals here

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Damo posted:

at least on prime day dont buy poo poo from them, workers are at least attempting a strike you dumb bitch

It’s that perfect time to buy stuff? If the workers aren’t there and nobody orders anything, Amazon isn’t really seeing how valuable the workers because the workers would just be standing around. When you order stuff and nobody is there to fulfill those orders, Amazon learns that they are, in fact, dependent on workers because the orders can’t get fulfilled without them. Right?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

1redflag posted:

It’s that perfect time to buy stuff? If the workers aren’t there and nobody orders anything, Amazon isn’t really seeing how valuable the workers because the workers would just be standing around. When you order stuff and nobody is there to fulfill those orders, Amazon learns that they are, in fact, dependent on workers because the orders can’t get fulfilled without them. Right?

They’ll hire scabs easy

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Glenn Quebec posted:

I bought a crazy computer tower because why not? I have some disposable income.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Does being a scab mean buying something because oops

quoting for posterity

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

1redflag posted:

Julius CSAR posted:

They'll hire scabs easy

Let's hope so, I need someone to bring me my Bluetooth shower speaker so I can sing "Material Girl" in the shower the way god intended (with full musical accompaniment) and not this terrible a cappella version I've been doing like a crazy man.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I am somewhat tempted to snag some headphones cause my old senns are dying but I don't actually use my PC much anymore so maybe it'd be a waste.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just loving demonstrate and vote for people that aren't conservative assholes. That'll do more for workers than not buying poo poo that is cheap that you actually need

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just loving demonstrate and vote for people that aren't conservative assholes. That'll do more for workers than not buying poo poo that is cheap that you actually need

sounds like someone's getting ready to be a loving scab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
amazon is just aliexpress with a 20%-400% markup