Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

more like james bonza tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
imo Jane Bond should act exactly like previous Bonds, including being a womanizer.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I doubt they'd pick a woman to be their murderous assassin. What if she ends up in a fistfight

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

redm posted:

so is her love interest in the movie going to be named 'Stufen Maidickenya' or something

God I hope so

"Penis Galore"

"Octodicky"

"Xander Hardbottom"

"Appletini, shaken.... or stirred, who cares it's a fuckin' Appletini?"

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

redm posted:

so is her love interest in the movie going to be named 'Stufen Maidickenya' or something

Reported for spoilers!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

What if she has to parallel park the Aston Martin lol. Gonna take half the movie!

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
hello there miss bond my name is deeznuts

hitchochinwit deeznuts

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Name's Biggs. Dick Biggs.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Weasling Weasel posted:

Like, the James Bond is a code name theory makes no sense, when you consider that the character in all the films has the same traits down to having a favourite drink and identical dead Scottish parents, and is always a charming sex obsessed posho with an obsession with tailoring.

Yeah it's unrealistic to think that they could have gotten different people to seem like actors playing a role despite not being the same person.

oh w

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Weasling Weasel posted:

Like, the James Bond is a code name theory makes no sense, when you consider that the character in all the films has the same traits down to having a favourite drink and identical dead Scottish parents, and is always a charming sex obsessed posho with an obsession with tailoring.

People are also reading a lot into this as well, when she may be no more than a throwaway character. A lot of assumptions she'll be the torchbearer when it's never happened in that way before.

that's just what they specifically look for when replacing a 007. james bond isn't a person, he's a demographic.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
id like you to meet a dear friend of mine his name is Harry Dong

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I think James Bond's masculinity is so inherent to the character making him a woman just doesnt make much sense. It's like how Black Widow's femininity often plays into her character and having a male Black Widow just wouldnt really work. Happy she's playing a 00 and taking over 007 for the film though, she was pretty good in Captain Marvel. Idris Elba still needs to be the next James Bond and if they team up in Bond 26 that would be pretty kick rear end. Not sure how the numbers work but you could have her promoted to 006 and he's the new 007 if the 00 is a ranking system (i dont actually think it is but whatever)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I'd watch Black Widower.

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
I hope the climax of the movie is Q injecting him with some lifesaving experimental serum and he just regenerates like Dr. Who.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Sexuality is a spectrum but also women need to be in more movies, not men, even though men and women are not different

Brava, Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Q: 007, this is the mark 4 strap-on. Careful with that, it's got enough penetrating power to disable a Russian tank.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Pontificating rear end posted:

Sexuality is a spectrum but also women need to be in more movies, not men, even though men and women are not different

Brava, Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Yea I can't wait till we're all grey automatons with zero differences between us

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Necros posted:

Idris Elba was born to play 007 and every Bond movie made without him is a sin.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

BuckarooBanzai posted:

What's the self-insert fantasy for middle aged dudes now that 007 is out and Liam Neeson's not making Taken films anymore?

Opening fire into a crowded theatre, I believe.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Xaintrailles posted:

Q: 007, this is the mark 4 strap-on. Careful with that, it's got enough penetrating power to disable a Russian tank.

Can't wait for Officially Branded Kotex 007 Tactical Tampons

Q: "Don't touch that! That's my lunch!"

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Just Chamber posted:

Yea I can't wait till we're all grey automatons with zero differences between us

The only differences should be the numbers on your bank account. Everything else should be for sale

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

redm posted:

Peter Gozinya

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Octopenis?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Just Chamber posted:

I think James Bond's masculinity is so inherent to the character making him a woman just doesnt make much sense. It's like how Black Widow's femininity often plays into her character and having a male Black Widow just wouldnt really work. Happy she's playing a 00 and taking over 007 for the film though, she was pretty good in Captain Marvel. Idris Elba still needs to be the next James Bond and if they team up in Bond 26 that would be pretty kick rear end. Not sure how the numbers work but you could have her promoted to 006 and he's the new 007 if the 00 is a ranking system (i dont actually think it is but whatever)
its going to be some bait and switch thing dont worry Daniel Craig will come out of retirement to save the day or some plot device like that and it will have a half assed passing of the guard and social commentary but at the end of the day its going to be the Daniel Craig show

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

BuckarooBanzai posted:

What's the self-insert fantasy for middle aged dudes now that 007 is out and Liam Neeson's not making Taken films anymore?

Either defending the flag from antifa or else fighting nazis as antifa

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dr. Consent

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BuckarooBanzai posted:

Donald Trump

Julius CSAR posted:

Bond is a much better series if you imagine "James Bond 007" is a cover identity rather than a specific person.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Colin Lingus

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

She doesn't use firearms because of their negative effect on communities of color.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Bond has nothing to do after Spectre, he's probably on a beach in Thailand getting drunk and making stupid puns to bewildered locals. He'll still manage to save the world and gently caress the girl.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Mysterious oriental seducer Hung Lo

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
look i've seen every bond movie ever i'm kind of an expert here and let me say

just stop making them

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The series reached their absolute best with Moon Raker, everything James Bond in the last 20 years is absolute trash.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I honestly don't understand the appeal of Daniel Craig or his Bond character but a lot of women seem to love him

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

you know what would be a million billion times better than any future bond film? a venture bros. spinoff that focuses on brock and hunter gathers

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
“James Bond Movies are trash and peaked with Roger Moore” - an idiot

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah let's make a parody spinoff of a parody, that's gonna be great.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah let's make a parody spinoff of a parody, that's gonna be great.

no i just said it'd be better

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
they already tanked the current continuity when they said james bonds brother was really the super bad guy over all the other bad guys he faced. that was an ultra cheap way to elevate that character without showing him do anything cool at all. and his info base in the desert sucks. and they just did a "james bonds family" movie right before that with skyfall and it was way better. is the next one gonna be about 007s long lost (evil) nephew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

yeah, the torture scene was the dumbest contrivance too. why does this chair have robot armrests that move his hands together to a concealed position behind is back? that seems like more than an oversight