Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

lets play some mafia ya freaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah c'mon one more person

ftfy

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

dont give lumpy time to balance his setup! lets start now!

oh :monocle:... ok

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Jaded Burnout posted:

Yo, I'm in. I don't think I've played mafia before which based on yonder venn might be a good thing.

yay!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

usually the "standard rules" are laid out in the OP but generally these are observed: players voted out during the day cycle the require a majority vote, after a player is voted out a :redhammer: is posted and in thread discussion stops (at least discussion about the game state, other general non game related chatting is usually permissible at this time), day cycles last about 48 irl hours, nights are 24. uuummmmm......... OH YEAH, it is highly recommended to have PM's turned on (discord is also a popular option as of late) so the mod of the game can communicate to you outside the thread, which reminds me, out of thread communication between players is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN (unless otherwise stated in your role PM from the mod)

Dick Bastardly fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 29, 2019

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

iv'e probably missed some other important and/or helpful tidbits

the local mafia dads/moms will fill in the gaps if there are any significant ones :)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

oh yeah NO EDITING POSTS on pain of modkill (after the game "officially" starts)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Squiggly posted:

My role PM specifically advised against this

##vote Mr. steak

same (except the vote atm, but same about the rest)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

[quote="Quidthulhu" post="497151574"]
##vote Steak

ROOOOOLLLIIING STAAAAAAAAAT

https://youtu.be/pls6OyJpCWg
/quote]

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

i kept reading and then i was ready to vote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

thats the scum third vote ##vote aa

dude.... im sorry but this isn't helping your case imo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

in all seriousness though, let's think. in vanilla mafia, people with an incentive to turbo a random person on d1 are considered scummy because 1) scum knows whether or not the kill will advance their win condition, and 2) their wincon requires the majority of players to die.

in this game, i think we can rule out the first one, at least until n1 comes around, so i'm focused on point 2.

i think we can all agree that we understand how the faction wincons work. from my calculations, it's just about a 50/50 chance that lynching a random person will advance each individual wincon. however, if you are a member of 3 or more factions, suddenly it becomes expedient to just kill a random person, then align yourself with whichever factions are strongest after.

in other words, the ones most eager to vote early in day 1 are the ones who are the least trustworthy to remain loyal to a certain faction, and will certainly be liabilities further down the line

i want you to die but not if you're one of my genetic dopplegangers, but don't tell me if you are (right now wait till later) dummy

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Pushing an agenda so soon? Can't even sit comfortably in joke phase? :thunk:

ikr

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

I think we should tread carefully.

You've already alluded to multiple wincons and overlap therein. Exposing your own role and providing information

How many different factions can you win with?

i bet it's two

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I mean (and I'm just guessing) that there are 4 people who have solo wincons (Obama, Yoda, Thanos and Keanu). Everyone else would have multiple wincons based on where they fit in the ven diagram. I don't think that is something to be concerned about, what I don't like is the role fishing.

big agree/same :yeah:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

big agree/same :yeah:

poo poo i probably just made three enemies by accident... ok

just know; two of you... of the three hypothetical "enemies" are actually my frens

but you are eachother's enemies probably....

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

to be clear, my first thought upon seeing that there wouldn't be a universal "enemy" group was to wonder... who in the world could thread unite behind hunting (or pretending to hunt if youre one of them). the conclusion i reached is... the 5 players in the center of the diagram. because they are the most traitorous out of everyone

so you're not one of those five... hmm... ok

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

so you're not one of those five... hmm... ok

i mean i guess you could be still...

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

and if my assumptions about how night will work are correct, then starting on day 2 they will also be the most well-informed out of everyone, of who is in which factions

you're assuming the players will be forthcoming with information honestly which i think is a slight stretch

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

importantly, after n1, the big man yobo will know *everybody's* role

on the topic of said big man... my first inclination was said player is probably 3P (alone)

food for thought

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

my sentiment as well

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

Lumpen what have you done

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

IMMERSION RUINED

Mr. Humalong posted:

I demand a dayvig to compensate for this slap in the face

fwiw i think these two players have interests that are aligned

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Why? That's a weird association imo, not that I mind it.

You both immediately reacted to the mod "clarification" (or whatever) post and thus by logic you both have an element of your PM that was affected similarly. This is impossible to prove atm, so really I'm just connecting dots that might not actually exist..... heh

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

DB, i'd like to work with you this game. please unvote and let's work together to hunt centrites

answer me this: would you turn your back on your kin for victory? because that's the vibe im getting here

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

i guess i should just trust my instincts

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Bernstrike posted:

Would you?

im not sure yet

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

not sure im into this bowmore lunch quite yet, but the game feels a bit stalematey for the lack of night stuff so far so it's tempting i must admit

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

we at -1 fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Jaded Burnout posted:

Some may see this as a win for me, others, a win for Yobomakeanoses everywhere. Personally, I consider this a win for team Yoda.

Shine on you crazy green dicked diamond.

Omfg this might be the best outcome that could've been possible imo

Congrats to all the Yobomakeanoses 😘