Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Sometimes I make shibori in a bucket in my backyard. These are my most recent two. The color was supposed to be a sort of dark goldenrod yellow but it turned out peach instead? I'm not really happy with them.

Hand stitched resist--the outline with embroidery floss and the details with thread.

The resist on this one was coins wrapped in string.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I also dislike taking pictures which is why I haven't posted more of them in this thread.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I made this shibori a couple years ago and I think it is by far my favorite. I used my sewing machine to baste a bunch of parallel lines (with a few empty circles) that I then pulled tight.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I am actually planning on trying some shibori tomorrow (although I have previously been told on this very page that it's boring because it only has one color) so I will report back.

Previous failed shibori experiments have been sacrificed to the cause of public health (they became mask linings)

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 17, 2020

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I didn't use real indigo, though, I used a combination of Jacquard Procion dyes (warm black and cobalt blue). They came out pretty well today.

Itajime--folded and pressed between blocks

Something my husband did with binder clips and arashi--fabric wrapped around a pole with string

Nui--folded and stitched

And pre-dye:

Arashi, itajime, and binder clip thing

Nui (the pleated one just turned out almost completely dark, so I didn't take a picture)

I think these will end up in a quilt with some orange/yellow solids.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Oh, this thread is back? Great timing, I just dyed some more fabric.

I did some solid yellow/orange too, but no pics because it's boring. I'm going to make a quilt with all of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Oh, this thread is back? Great timing, I just dyed some more fabric.

I did some solid yellow/orange too, but no pics because it's boring. I'm going to make a quilt with all of this.

I made the quilt.

I've also been doing some ice dyed itajime shibori.