Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

This is a cool game that I would sign up for but I'm already in two mafia games and everdunes, but I hope this goes well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

sure since I'm dead in the other two mafia games I'll play

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

anyway uhh ## vote solus

look buddy fuk u ##vote toalpaz

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

merk posted:

This is an odd game because I don't care who you're infatuated with any more than the scum care who you are infatuated with. Doing this secret code stuff to try to tell the other town my noble will eventually give scum enough to figure out who is king.

The way to play the game is just to put someone up for lynch, make them claim, and then see if anyone has a counterclaim. If anyone has a better idea, I'm :allears:. However, I think this is it.

merk posted:

...and we also have to be sly when we finally have the scum up for lynch and he/she claims. For example, if scum say "I am infatuated with [king]," then someone has to act like they are counterclaiming "no, you aren't, I am" or something with a vote. All of the other town will know that this player must be scum immediately when the claim happens, but we can't give that away!

Hmm.

Yeah, I gotta say, the infatuation mechanics are... odd. I'd rather the game not have done a specific thing in the PMs and instead left it possibly ambiguous. Or if there was some sort of confirmation in the OP that there could be people who are targets of multiple infatuations, and people who are targets of none.

Either way let's ##vote merk

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

merk posted:

Is this not the setup?

No I mean I'm saying I'd rather that have not been the setup, and there have been language in the OP that the setup was nebulous and possibly unbalanced.

I don't know. I'd been brainstorming ways to do an Assassin game myself for a while.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

anyway let's get a lynch going shall we

##vote solus

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

merk posted:

Indeed. ##vote solus

why would you vote your king

i'll have you know that you're royally barred from voting for me, your sovereign

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

anyway let's do this: ##vote toalpaz

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

merk posted:

Nah, let's vote Solus.

:colbert:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

im still very confused how to play this game lol.

we could definitely "solve" the game by each doing a thing like kasch said, where we just do "if X is king, my infatuation is Y" for every player... but that would be dangerous because every time a person lists their false infatuation as the assassin, the assassin could rule out the "king" from the beginning of the line.

similarly, if we try to say code like "my infatuation is 5 down from the king in the player list" (wrapping around), then.... idk the assassin could probably do some math bullshit to figure out the king.

but anyway, those kinds of things are sort of breaking the game almost, so idk if it would be all that fun to do something like that. but without that its sort of a game of chance...?

No, it's a game about trying to deceive the assassin into believing you're the king, so they waste their nightkill on non-royalty, or about catching the assassin before they take their shot.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

merk posted:

Solus, are you going to claim?

claim what, not the assassin?

or are you talking about 'claim the player I'm infatuated with'

if so, nah, that seems kinda dumb

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I don't feel like volunteering information to cut down the assassin's targets, I'd rather be wrongly lynched

I mean I know the alignment of literally half of the game like any other noble, and I don't want to make the assassin's job that much easier (even if they only get two out of the three for me claiming)

best to only make it 1/5th easier than 2/5ths

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

If you kill solus I'll tell the assassin who the king is

toalpaz you'll just tell yourself things

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

merk posted:

Let's do this.

I think it's ##vote RF because he is not the noble I am paired with.

as good a reason as any other I guess

##vote rf

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Its steak ##vote steak

Also RF is my one true love and if you kill him that's it I'm going to tell teak the kings name

so why didn't you want me killed

you obviously don't know the face of your king

it's me, I'm your king

##vote toalpaz

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

just make sure to let me claim my infatuation before dying. i want to ensure half of my win condition lol

no just vote toalpaz, let's take out this assassin scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

You're just angry I never really loved you.

I am the king, I am incapable of being loved, I am only capable of being feared

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Will the real King please stand up?

IT WAS I, DIO

not for reals though

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Cool game. Is there a way to do it with fewer confirmed player roles?

I think it's close, but here's a suggestion:

The target of your infatuation is unconfirmed and random. You do not lose if the target of your infatuation was the lynched assassin.

SolusLunes fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I've posted a new game that incorporates the randomization variant here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894654