Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sounds super fun! very different from mafia so i do feel comfortable sining up while im alive in 2 games and have signed up for a 3rd..... :v: :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im definitely not sure how to play this strategically, but the vanilla rules sound like a sort of "indian chief" style game (if you've ever played that children's game) where the assassin is trying to see who all the votes are following

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i kinda feel like, if the "infatuations" in this variant are circular like in your example, then going by standard mafia practice when a player's win condition is void, as soon as a single noble dies, the rest of the nobles would be removed from the game haha

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway uhh ## vote solus

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the issue with just confirming every noble is that the assassin can kill after the lynch, so we have to lynch them without handing them the king

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how about this: take the # of letters in the king's name, cut it in half, then add 1. thats the player # i am infatuated with

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shrug

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

How about we not try to do things like use the name of the king to pass secret codes. I know I didn't say that, but it's against the spirit of the game.

im sorry pmuch...

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im still unsure how to "socially" play this game. like, without breaking it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like, my thoughts are going to, like, "yeah so the player mentioned in the king's 5th post is my infatuation" or whatever

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im still very confused how to play this game lol.

we could definitely "solve" the game by each doing a thing like kasch said, where we just do "if X is king, my infatuation is Y" for every player... but that would be dangerous because every time a person lists their false infatuation as the assassin, the assassin could rule out the "king" from the beginning of the line.

similarly, if we try to say code like "my infatuation is 5 down from the king in the player list" (wrapping around), then.... idk the assassin could probably do some math bullshit to figure out the king.

but anyway, those kinds of things are sort of breaking the game almost, so idk if it would be all that fun to do something like that. but without that its sort of a game of chance...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is votefinder even keeping track of the votes in this game?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh thanks votefinder

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why not ##vote rf

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just make sure to let me claim my infatuation before dying. i want to ensure half of my win condition lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
THAT WAS FAST LOL

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait why did kaschei lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013