Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I will try to break this game (if I’m a noble) so kill me quick if I don’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I still think it will be easy to break the game.

For instance, "make a list of all other players but if you are a noble, put your infatuation after the name of the King"

There's a cycle of noble infatuation that should be leverageable. I think the tricky part is the King has to be able to act like a noble.

I certainly think it's possible to make codebreaking a lot of work for the assassin but my first thoughts are leaking information.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

There definitely is at least one cycle, I was making notes using KA1234 for 1 infatuated with 2 infatuated with 3 infatuated with 4 infatuated with 1, King, Assassin

I thought the rules said there were no reciprocal infatuations before the game started so I was assuming 1>2>3>4>1. If reciprocal infatuations are allowed there may be 1>2>1 and 3>4>3.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

That’s stupid

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

We’re literally trying to communicate secret info on a public channel

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

ciabatta is an Italian word for a lady's slipper

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Five people know the identity of the king.

Four people additionally know “X is not the assassin” for a different value of X among the four.

By making assertions of the form “If player P is king, I’m infatuated with X” that information can be shared.

We can’t specify absolutely without letting the assassin eliminate possibilities; “No one said I was their infatuate if K is king so I can murder K” or “the only possibility with a 4 cycles without me must have the nobles all in the cycle, so the other person not in the cycle is king”

But I think there are sharing/voting strategies that give the assassin something like a 1 in 4 chance but each noble has a 2/3 chance of winning.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I’m really sure that voting rn is suboptimal

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

OTOH I don’t have a prescription and there’s 24 hours left

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

##vote soluslunes

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

##vote retro