Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
This poll is closed.
Yuko 12 66.67%
Momo 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I'm really enjoying the character dynamic between Shamiko and Momo but the humor of this show is hardly landing for me at all, because most of it is at Shamiko's expense and makes me feel bad for her rather than amused. There's a few really good gags at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
What a great chapter, such a shame the TL drags it down. I hope someone makes a better version. This sort of thing is why I'm learning japanese!!

I was very excited for the evil supercop magical girl and Suika does not disappoint. Momo unwittingly handing her a list of victims is a big "oof" moment.

Also, given Shamimomo's fortuitous meeting has been talked about as "something like fate" before, am I to understand now it's a result of Suika's wish? Like Momo wanted to find her sister, and so she found her current host. It's a fun connection.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I recently learned that Ito-sensei had a chapter in the fifth Madoka Magica Anthology Manga, and tried my hand at translating it for anyone interested:

Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10

Note that this volume was published on June 12th 2014, just 16 days before the first chapter of Machikado Mazoku.

Terry van Feleday fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 2, 2020

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

esselfortium posted:

This manga continues to blow me away. I wish more people were reading it!
One of the big reasons I'm excited for season 2 of the anime is that it'll get people to talk about this story again and see a little more of what makes it truly special

though I'm pretty much already in "season 3 when" mode, haha

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Unfortunately it'll be a while 'til the next chapter, as there hasn't been a new one released these past 2 months because of Ito-sensei's health struggles. I really hope she's doing ok...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Nate RFB posted:

I had forgotten how rapid fire the dialogue can be in compressing the 4komas. I feel like the first season started out like that and gradually got better though.
In this case it's down to them covering 3 chapters (plus some bonus content) in 1 episode rather than the usual 2 chapters, the the pace should chill out a little hereafter.