Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Same, but there's a group who does Tolkien poems and it rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg

The Rankin-Bass movies do pretty well as well. Not spectacular or anything, but they remind me of the melodies my dad would do when he read the books to us. Also some of them are sung by Glenn Yarbrough who was a great folk singer. One of my dad's favorites and I think he influenced the reading by complete coincidence, Dad started reading the books to us before we saw the movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5vu8vU9yCw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kchama posted:

WoW Gnomes aren't anything like that at all, though. They're largely more technologically advanced and smaller dwarves. They've never had any 'their tech doesn't work'.

Maybe they inspired WoW goblins, but I really don't see it either as the joke with their tech is that somehow their crazy low-tech stuff matches up with advanced Gnome stuff despite being slapped together.

EDIT: Aw poo poo, I didn't notice this thread had already fallen by the wayside. Um, hope things get better so you can post more, OP!

In general when not played for laughs gnomish vs goblin engineering is how much it looks like it was built on purpose. Gnome stuff has crackles of electricity and chrome while goblin is coalpunk.

When it's the punchline (or player-made) gnomish engineering is "It'll do something, but it may not do what you wanted" while goblin is "it blows up every time, but half the time the proper target is what blows up."