Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A because I get the feeling if we try B she'll somehow prove to be stronger than Magnus Ver Magnussen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

B

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

A because I get the feeling if we try B she'll somehow prove to be stronger than Magnus Ver Magnussen

Pretty much, yeah.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Always the problem with eldritch cultists, given enough time they lose even the flimsiest understanding of human thinking (read sanity).

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
It’s like you people have read these kinds of stories before :monocle:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You just can't be an honestly kind and empathic person and horribly mutilate and slaughter people to Xbgff'ggdth the unspeakable in a bid for power that is not meant for human consumption.
It's one of the other.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

By popular demand posted:

You just can't be an honestly kind and empathic person and horribly mutilate and slaughter people to Xbgff'ggdth the unspeakable in a bid for power that is not meant for human consumption.
It's one of the other.

*Careening around the Nation's capitol in a converted dog catchers van with 'Xbgff'ggdth's Ethical Offerings' on the side*

Senators: $300
Aides: $120
Oil and gas lobbyist: $400
Congressmen: $480
Higher office: Market price
Second suits: $50

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
C Just go all in.

VirtualBasement
Jun 5, 2006

"Be not afraid..."
A. And Vic should throw the knife into the wall right next to where Margret is standing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

C

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Vic nodded, slow, yielding, acting very much the old, decrepit man he had become. He stood, and as Margret moved to embrace him she was blind to the softball-sized stone Vic had picked up from the ground. In one smooth motion Vic, whose muscles remembered the historic acts of his violence even if they no longer had the size of strength of his youth, swung the sharp stone against Margret's head. Her left eye socket crumpled, the vitreous humor spurting down her cheek. She made the low moan of a stun-gunned bovine and crumpled to the ground.

Vic hadn't lost all his skill or speed. Powered by adrenaline and years of honed practice, he snatched the pistol from Margret's falling hand, spun, and put a slug into Sarah's kneecap as she rushed him with the knife. Bone and blood exploded from Sarah's knee just as she sounded a wail of pain, and anger. Vic calmly put another bullet in her elbow, sending the knife spinning away. Margret's body, still alive but only just, spasmed at his feet.

He took a deep breath and considered his options.

"Tell me wat Casper's doin', Sarah."

Sarah spat in his direction. "I'm not telling you anything. Leave now and I won't eviscerate you."

"Lady, you ain't in any shape to be killin' nobody." Vic chuckled, moving around the stone altar. "I ain't too shy about hurtin' people. With you, I'd probably have a good time. Tell me where that fuckin'
bischero is and maybe I don't put one of deez slugs in your fuckin' head."

"Do what you want. The only thing that happens next is that I get to see my masters in person."

What should Vic do?
A. Work her over - Sarah's human, she'll break when she's had enough
B. Ice 'em both - there's gotta be stuff in the caves or the house that'll tell Vic what he needs to know
C. Leave her as is and search the house - Sarah's not going anywhere

ShuckyDucky
Jun 19, 2008

Quack Quack
B. Ice 'em both - there's gotta be stuff in the caves or the house that'll tell Vic what he needs to know

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

B

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
B, loot and shoot that drat cat. Also rescue the kid who's still alive. That's gotta count for Karma if Karma is a real thing.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Also, visit our mentor and have a WTF chat about the casual ritual murderings and tolerance thereof.

VirtualBasement
Jun 5, 2006

"Be not afraid..."
B. Agree with also rescuing the kid. Take what is worth taking, rescue prisoners, burn the place down, and salt the ashes.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

B

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
B

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Vic shrugged. "Have it your way." The next slug hit Sarah in the face, and as her head splattered against the wall, time slowed to a crawl. Vic's arm was frozen, outstretched, still pointing the gun at Sarah's ruined head. His eyes scanned, oblique muscles stretching painfully to their very limits in an attempt to see what was in the room with him. Pieces of Sarah's skull were hanging in space. There was a presence in the room, and Vic felt the elephantine pressure on his chest beginning to stop his heart.

The boy on the altar sat up. He stepped forward, facing Vic eye-to-eye. His mouth opened and a billowing, inky blackness poured forth, surrounding Vic and flowing into his ears, nose, mouth. The sound of a glacier breaking - ancient, rotten ice scraping against itself - blocked out all sound, all thought. Vic began to cry as the boy's arm began to reform, bone and sinew twisting into the shape of a single, viscera-coated lance. Still frozen, Vic could do nothing as the point pressed against his forehead, digging into his skin, drawing blood. He tried to scream but found he could no longer draw breath.

Vic's heart stopped, and the point entered his brain.

----

Vic woke, lying on the stony floor. He shook his head, trying to remember what happened after he shot Sarah. His head and chest ached, and he found that his left hand wouldn't close.

----

It took the better part of two hours to search the house and tunnels. Much of what he found was the blasphemous books and trappings of service to the faceless evil in which he was immersed, but there was nothing that pointed to Casper or any of his plans. It wasn't until he searched Margret and Sarah that he found a solid lead. A simple scrap of paper in Margret's pocket revealed a phone number with a Washington area code.

Vic walked upstairs to find an old-school rotary phone attached to the wall of the kitchen. He dialed and was met with a pleasant voice asking "You've reached the Lost Resort, how may I help you?"

"Uh, who is dis?"

"You've reached the Lost Resort, would you like to make a reservation?"

"Yeah, dat sounds good. You got any spots for dis week?"

"I have an opening for tomorrow. How long would you like to stay?"

Vic thought for a moment. "A week."

"Great, I think we can fit you in there. What name, sweetie?"

"Vinnie."

"Last name?"

"Russo." A throwaway from his past, but useful. He had no idea what this hotel held in store for him, but better to mask his identity if Casper was involved.

"Excellent. I have you down for one week beginning tomorrow, Vinnie. We look forward to having you."

"Tanks - could you gimmie da address again?"

----

A few hours later, Vic was back home. His internet sleuthing had revealed that the Lost Resort was a crappy hotel up in the northernmost parts of Washington, directly abutting Lake Ozette. It didn't necessarily raise any alarm bells beyond the fact that it was near the woods and up north; Joanie's voice came back in a rush of memory and Vic placed a heavy hand over his breast. He had some leads, but the weakness that had stayed with his left hand made him wonder if the price he paid was worth it.

Where does Vic go next?
A. Check out Casper's home - It was a long trip up north, might as well do the last bit of digging while he was in town
B. Head to the Lost Resort - It was the closest thing to Casper's location he had at the moment, with no time to waste

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
drat, maybe we should have made a deal with the Sisters for a fix up. Oh well, don't need to be all that strong to pull a trigger.

A. Might find something useful. We're on the ropes as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Any clue might help.