Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

when i was 9 years old or something my dad stopped at a gas station and gave me some money to go buy a drink. for whatever dumb reason i decided to get a red bull and i don't remember what it was like but i remember my dad going "you're drinking that, huh. how is it?" and i guess i said it was alright but i can't be too sure.

anyway, i had to wake up hella early today and had trouble falling asleep last night, so i'm not running on a full 8 hours. i drank coffee this morning which made me slightly less groggy, but a few hours went by and i was still feeling out of it.

i decided to buy a red bull.

the line was taking loving forever so i cracked it open. the cashier was cool with it because i remained in line to pay - if you're in a pinch you can eat/drink in line as long as you brandish your wallet at some point.
my first impression was that this poo poo tastes so goddamn sugary. this wasn't surprising because the nutritional info states that there's a fuckton of sugar in it. i considered buying the sugar free red bull, but i figured that's even less healthy than the regular one for reasons i don't quite understand.

aside from that, i wasn't too concerned with the health risks. energy drinks are like stim-packs in starcraft where yes your terran troops move faster but they also lose some health. i was aware of the sacrifice.

the energy rush kind of felt like when i used to be prescribed adderall, only the tunnel vision wasn't as intense and i still remained incredibly charismatic like i always am. even when i felt flushed a few hours later, i didn't feel like absolute poo poo which was nice.

however, i can't imagine drinking this poo poo every day. same goes for any energy drink to be honest. do people substitute coffee for this stuff for the extra kick, or do they legitimately think it tastes amazing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

i do have to admit that while i don't care for their beverage, red bull tv is dope and they sponsor a lot of cool events as well

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
They make it with bull cum or at least that is what we all heard when it first came out when I was in elementary school

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Red Bull is pretty gross, but those Monster energy drinks are just vile. I knew a guy who drank at least one every shift and I can’t imagine that is healthy for you (although he was one of those really skinny guys who eats nonstop but never gains weight).

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Nooner posted:

They make it with bull cum or at least that is what we all heard when it first came out when I was in elementary school

iirc there was talk about bull "intest-STINE" but some kids thought they were badass drinking bull intestines or something. i dunno what the former is.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Monster is terrible. Monster zero is actually a bit more palatable but the text on the bottle is literally poo poo like "you asked, we listened, here's a zero-cal less sweet monster for all our lady monster junkies out there!!!"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I don't feel anything from energy drinks anymore. Or caffeine in general. Or life :coal:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@OP take a look at this video and just give me your thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bntfUA6TmLs

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Red Bull gives you Cancer

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i used to drink rockstar every day. now i have coffee. still drink rockstars every now and again

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Ehud posted:

@OP take a look at this video and just give me your thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bntfUA6TmLs

lol'd @ "MILFs dig it, and you will too" but drat red bull's influencers are pretty creative

she also looks like the mother to a kyle

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

My first energy drink was a Tab and I bought it because I thought it was a new regular pop. Then I was wired all day. Well, that’s my story

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What is your opinion on 4 Loko, OP?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Red Rain is the walmart knockoff and at one point it came in 1L bottles. I drank a full one before an all nighter in college and ended up not studying due to the fact that I had to walk around the neighbourhood so I wouldnt have a heart attack

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

EorayMel posted:

What is your opinion on 4 Loko, OP?

i tried drinking it once during senior week - a week where the highschool graduating class goes to the beach for a massive drug/alcohol binge and everyone's fuckin. i didn't like it so i gave the rest to my friend and switched back to drinking rum because pirates are cooler than whatever the gently caress drinks a 4 loko

i also never had an interest in vodka redbulls. i have even less of an interest now since vodka + spiked seltzer is a big mood these days

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The only Monster energy I like is the “rehab” tea+lemonade. It’s delicious and is only about 2 cups of coffee worth of caffeine. Very little sugar as well iirc.

Red bull just tastes like chemicals to me.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I've had Redbull a few times when it was popular back in like 20 years ago, and it tasted pretty gross and I can't remember it having any sort of effect. For sure not a "rush". Figured that was just marketing bullshit. Same with coffee; I can drink it but it don't make me feel nothing. Thinking I might be immune to caffeine :thunk:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

The yellow Red Bull’s are dope

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Macnult posted:

whatever the gently caress drinks a 4 loko

If personal experience counts: the unemployed

I saw some in the market the other day and they are now 14(!)% abv holy hell that's some bang for your buck!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

op if this is your first one in like 15 years then you probably ought to give it like 12-16 hours before you try to cum, just fyi

otherwise your heart might not take it so well.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

like i'm not kidding, you could do yourself some permanent damage here

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Clarence Thomas drank a Red Bull before he forced himself on Anita hill. :colbert:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
My friend and I bought a blue four loko like two weeks ago on a whim because we both had never tried one before.

It tasted like blue. Would not buy again.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

OnceAndFuture DILF posted:

The yellow Red Bull’s are dope

yah & the "beach breeze" ones taste like fairy cum :pcgaming:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
I have had one red bull in my life back in the 90s when it first came out. Tasted like liquid smarties.

Bawls are really good and I will get one when ever I see them (which is not often).

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You gotta put Jager in it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

JEEVES420 posted:

Bawls are really good and I will get one when ever I see them (which is not often).

Dont sign you posts

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like the 16oz cans of Monster that say they are 2 servings. Like they actually expect you to drink half of it and put it in the fridge for later, even the carbonated ones.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

op if this is your first one in like 15 years then you probably ought to give it like 12-16 hours before you try to cum, just fyi

otherwise your heart might not take it so well.

my hearts been through worse, like that time i fell in love with a sailor

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I usually drink at least two Amp energy drinks a day as well as one or two coffees and I'm just fine, hearts are supposed to feel like this

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
OP, have you tried the Kickstart things? They're not too bad. I got everyone at work hooked on the orange one then stopped drinking them.

They even have original Mountain Dew ones too

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i like the yellow one

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Macnult posted:

my hearts been through worse, like that time i fell in love with a sailor

no seriously it's on their website

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/energydrink/is-red-bull-energy-drink-safe

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

i like the yellow one

:pisstape:

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
I used to like guru back when they made the juice flavored ones.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

i'm going to have sex tonight and if i die then i guess i got my wings

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I actually don't hate red bull and I don't know why. I like the tang

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"Ejaculatory Concern"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Red Bull: it gives you wings kills your sex life during the four to six week acclimation period.