Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Dr Tran posted:

I wonder how Neptune went from having a sheriff to a chief of police. Is this covered in the books?

I'd guess incorporation went through at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Flatscan posted:

I'd guess incorporation went through at some point.

Yeah, it's never mentioned but just happened at some point between the movie and season four. Maybe pushed through by Big Dick.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
To be fair, season 4 has come and gone without much of a blip. I used to be a pretty big VM fan, but I only found out about it a few weeks after it had been released, despite the first anouncements having been made in fall 2018. I'm not holding my breath that it was successful enough to be continued, as much as I loved seeing all the old faces again.

And even here, this is hardly the liveliest of TV IV threads.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Never mind that the forums used to be more active in general, a lot of the posts in the old threads were about theorycrafting, and that's not really a thing when it's all available to binge at once. I think it's a good season.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Just finished this... it's good. I do miss a bit of the case of the week stuff, as someone mentioned earlier, but other than that I feel like the show came back better than it left. Season 1 and 2 were great but I was kinda down on 3, so I feel like this was a return to form. I hope so much we get more.

One thing they did in the second to last episode was make me think I knew who the surprise second bomber was going to be. I thought the mother Amalia Maloof was going to be involved in the copycats because she saw her son's approval rating going up. I also felt like she was suspiciously dismissive of Veronica when she came to pick up the check, so much so that I thought maybe she just wanted this all to go away now that it felt like it was wrapped up in a neat bow with someone to blame.

I wonder how much of that was a red herring designed to make me think that, and how much was just me being paranoid and reading too much into the scene.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Superrodan posted:

I wonder how much of that was a red herring designed to make me think that, and how much was just me being paranoid and reading too much into the scene.

The epilogue certainly suggests we're not done with that family, so "this is a character that the writers have more plans for" vibes are understandable.

I'm not one to talk though, as I halfexpected the season's twist to be that Logan was the bomber.

Argue posted:

Never mind that the forums used to be more active in general, a lot of the posts in the old threads were about theorycrafting, and that's not really a thing when it's all available to binge at once. I think it's a good season.
I honestly kind of miss that, but I'm not sure what you do to get it back in the modern era. Other than releasing an episode a week. Which, pass.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Finished it today. Overall I thought it was alright, but stuff seemed a bit more contrived than usual for Veronica Mars. Still its always nice to see these characters again. Spoilers for the entire season:

I laughed at Matty's (non) reaction to witnessing big dick's decapitation. She just sort of watched and walked away, it was really weird.

Did anything come of Logan's bruise?

Weevil, young Dick Casablancas, and Wallace didnt really have any sort of closure, they just stopped appearing on the show.

As someone mentioned, the cartel stuff didnt seem to really go anywhere

I didnt find the death of Logan very compelling, it felt kind of cheesy that he gets exploded as they prepare for their honeymoon. Basically it was a "he was just 2 days from retirement" setup.

I wonder if Patton's Oswalt will show up in future seasons as a hannibal lecter type.

It feels like the type of thing where the more you think about it, the more flaws you notice, but whatever, it was enjoyable. I missed having smaller episode mysteries too.
Just finished the season and I agree with most of these criticisms, still thought it was pretty good though. Better than most reboots and I'd be up for another season

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Been ages since I read the novel's but do they explain who was behind Keith's car accident? I totally blanked on that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nope, but it’s strongly implied that it’s the sheriff’s department.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I loved season four and I do think we'll get season five. Rob and Kristen have both indicated that it's a project they do for funsies as long as somebody ponies up a little cash.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Holy gently caress.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

esperterra posted:

Holy gently caress.
?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i just finally got around to watching it, lmao. time to read the thread.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

esperterra posted:

Holy gently caress.

Yeah, that ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Dr Tran posted:

I wonder how Neptune went from having a sheriff to a chief of police. Is this covered in the books?

Might be because the town got incorporated, which apparently happened between the books and the show.