Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"This restaurant doesn't look like ours at home. I don't like it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Yes I know we could eat some place cool and unique but we just got off a ten-hour flight and an hour in a cab from the airport. I just want some loving food before I fall asleep."

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
just lol if you actually eat at lovely chains like chilis, applebees, olive garden or whatever the gently caress

i just smirk and shake my head at the fools inside eating frozen microwaved food

get the gently caress outta here

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I ate at a McDonald's in Paris last week because they had wifi and I needed a place to sit down and sort out a work emergency remotely. I don't know if they had Royale with Cheese, in fact they didn't have a menu at all near the cashiers so I just got a double cheeseburger.

E: Also Five Guys, of all things, because they were the only thing open after midnight in the area. It's fine but ridiculously expensive, like 17EUR for a meal, would not recommend.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 20, 2019

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm on vacation, I should try something exotic!

*5 minutes later*

Hmm, I'll have (thing I always order)

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Seems garbage people are pretty much the same all around the world"

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I guess the word "endless" means different things to different people. At MY TGIFriday's endless appetizers goddamn well means it!

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I was actually on vacation with my wife and in-laws and my mother in law was like, "Oh man in New Mexico we're gonna eat at this awesome restaurant." We get there and it's a fuckin Chili's. Redeemed by eating at this fuckin awesome place called Jalisco Cafe in Silver City though.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

"I want to go to America and eat at Applebee's"

Said no British person, ever.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

What are your specials?

Huh

Ummm

I'll have the chicken tenders

What are your sauces?

Huh

Ummm

I"ll need some ketchup

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Untrustable posted:

I was actually on vacation with my wife and in-laws and my mother in law was like, "Oh man in New Mexico we're gonna eat at this awesome restaurant." We get there and it's a fuckin Chili's. Redeemed by eating at this fuckin awesome place called Jalisco Cafe in Silver City though.

If you're gonna eat fast food in NM it's all about Blake's Lottaburger.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
*loving wasted, like glazed*

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

watching illegal US streams of NFL games half the ads are for various fast food/chain restaurants and, not gonna lie, that poo poo looks delicious

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Would donning a Vietnam Veterans game-worn jersey be considered stolen valor?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dell_Zincht posted:

Well that's true but mostly because Applebee's does not exist here and therefore they haven't heard of it. not because we have particularly good taste in food (we do not, it is known)

Amicus curiae
May 31, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Chain restaurants are superior. There's only 1 location of this French dig because there isn't a demand for more. Usa Usa!!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well the wait at the good place was 3 hours so I guess we're eating at Perkins

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

THANK ME FOR MY SERVICE

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Dell_Zincht posted:

Yeah, Applebee's is way too spicy for them

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

JK Fresco posted:

Yeah, Applebee's is way too spicy for them

Roswell gave their Key to the City to Applebee's for being their "neighborhood bar and grill". I'll never forgive them for that.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"Yes I know we could eat some place cool and unique but we just got off a ten-hour flight and an hour in a cab from the airport. I just want some loving food before I fall asleep."

"But why'd it have to be applebee's huh dad!?"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Seriously just order a pizza dad you fuckin reject.

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
*endless squealing and farting*

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Dell_Zincht posted:

The very first restaurant I ever ate at in America was a Chili's :shobon:

Edit: too spicy? Mate come here and have a phal at my local Indian then try poo poo talking.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I'm fantasizing about being able to go on a vacation to a foreign land. I don't care if I only get to eat mcdonalds tbh.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

dudeness posted:

I'm fantasizing about being able to go on a vacation to a foreign land. I don't care if I only get to eat mcdonalds tbh.

Mac tonight.
Every night.
Ever.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
I traveled to work at a company in Mesquite, Texas for a few weeks, once. I expected to experience "real BBQ" for the first time and instead, everyone at the company would go to the local mall food court for lunch every day. When we finally went out for dinner one evening, it was like going to the red light district of lovely chain restaurants. It was literally an Olive Garden, an Outback, a Hooter's, a Red Lobster, and a TGIFriday's all along the side of a highway.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Dell_Zincht posted:

I know a Brit who flies to Miami once or twice a year mostly to eat at Cheesecake Factory.
Hates beaches, drinking, clubs. Just goes there to go to the mall and buy huge dinners (which she stretches into 3 meals).

Xaintrailles fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 20, 2019

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Stryder posted:

I traveled to work at a company in Mesquite, Texas for a few weeks, once. I expected to experience "real BBQ" for the first time and instead, everyone at the company would go to the local mall food court for lunch every day. When we finally went out for dinner one evening, it was like going to the red light district of lovely chain restaurants. It was literally an Olive Garden, an Outback, a Hooter's, a Red Lobster, and a TGIFriday's all along the side of a highway.

Why didn’t you just go find a better place to eat?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Stryder posted:

Business traveling always sticks you in a part of town far away form good local places to eat and liquor stores.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
The Pepsi tastes different here. How exotic.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLApn5y7Mo

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Dell_Zincht posted:

Uh, that's 'cause they're British? "Oy, fancy a jaunt across the pond to the ol' Fruit Bug, innit Gov'n'r?" more like

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Thots and Prayers posted:

Uh, that's 'cause they're British? "Oy, fancy a jaunt across the pond to the ol' Fruit Bug, innit Gov'n'r?" more like

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

We don't all talk like that, good sir.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Dell_Zincht posted:

We don't all talk like that, good sir.

I'll have you know I was born and raised in Upper Haversham - tut tut, four pence for some pudding on St. Worcestershire's Day, God save the Queen.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Cut my steak into pieces
This is my last re-fill

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao @ fruitbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol